Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With summer already starting up, I’m excited to see how they handle this shortened announcment window. It’ll be interesting to see how many we’ll get each month and how close they’ll cut it towards the end.

I’m just counting down the days until the June ticket reveal to see if anything related to a premium night actually happens and if it will be on that unusual October 16th date. If we don’t hear anything soon, then it’s possible that a company spent a whole lot of money to rent out the event for a night

I’m just counting down the days until the June ticket reveal to see if anything related to a premium night actually happens and if it will be on that unusual October 16th date. If we don’t hear anything soon, then it’s possible that a company spent a whole lot of money to rent out the event for a night

I'm hoping they decide to add a couple of dates in late August/early September like they did last year. They added Wednesday, Sept 19 & 26 last year (added them on Sept 3). I went on the 26th and it was extremely light crowds the entire night. All the Wednesdays are accounted for this year, but hoping maybe they add a couple of extra Tuesdays into the mix late in the process.

Realistically, what do you all think the chances are that a "premium night" would actually be a thing? Or, is this just wishful thinking and it's probably a corp event? I ask because if this is a premium night, I'd be so on board with that, but it affects how I book my travel. If we were able to buy passes and knew about any kind of "premium night" now, I'd have all four trips booked already. It annoys me I have to wait.

Realistically, what do you all think the chances are that a "premium night" would actually be a thing? Or, is this just wishful thinking and it's probably a corp event? I ask because if this is a premium night, I'd be so on board with that, but it affects how I book my travel. If we were able to buy passes and knew about any kind of "premium night" now, I'd have all four trips booked already. It annoys me I have to wait.

They tested for a premium night last year but all my leads have gone quiet (this could be good or bad).

They tested for a premium night last year but all my leads have gone quiet (this could be good or bad).

How did they test for it? Just curious.

Please confirm that what I'm thinking of as a premium night is what you all think it is - an upcharge for that night, the date not included on any pass, and a limited number of tickets available - with the point being, much less crowded? If so, here's my money ..

Reactions: Kadath

Just reading tea leaves--I checked OCCC schedule, no big conventions with 10ks of attendees. Could be something in-house for vendors, I guess, but they tend to do that early in the event. Also, giving up a lot of revenue picking Wednesday night during Hell Week (1-night tix not FFPs), so I think they'd choose another night for anything in-house.

On the flip side, Hell Week would be the best possible time to show off a "premium night"--there would be a stark contrast between Wednesday and Thursday pictures/wait times. Just speculating but it makes a fair amount of sense.

How did they test for it? Just curious.

Please confirm that what I'm thinking of as a premium night is what you all think it is - an upcharge for that night, the date not included on any pass, and a limited number of tickets available - with the point being, much less crowded? If so, here's my money ..

Last year they had a very last minute addition night, they also tested pulsing the house lines.

The Trackers have a pretty good video on it.

Has there ever been a corporate buyout of the entire HHN event during what would usually be a normal operating night? I know they've had park buyouts that have included a few houses, but I believe those were on non-event nights or a few days after HHN was over for the year. If this is an HHN only buyout, would it be a first?

Reactions: Clive
Has there ever been a corporate buyout of the entire HHN event during what would usually be a normal operating night? I know they've had park buyouts that have included a few houses, but I believe those were on non-event nights or a few days after HHN was over for the year. If this is an HHN only buyout, would it be a first?
Microsoft would do a Thursday early in the run (September only). I don't recall buy-outs in October on what would normally be a HHN night. They're typically do buy-outs on Mondays with one soundstage house open.