Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

The thing I loved about Twister and Disaster, which is also what I love about the classic Studio Tour in Hollywood, is getting to experience movie magic in person. Having these insane effects/scenarios happen around me. That is so thrilling. Movie magic come to life.

That is always what I loved about Universal, and I realize it's becoming more about IP, and experiencing the actual movies/worlds they live in... but I would love for them to re-add that diversity again... let me have a behind the scenes look, let me experience movie making magic.

The thing I loved about Twister and Disaster, which is also what I love about the classic Studio Tour in Hollywood, is getting to experience movie magic in person. Having these insane effects/scenarios happen around me. That is so thrilling. Movie magic come to life.

That is always what I loved about Universal, and I realize it's becoming more about IP, and experiencing the actual movies/worlds they live in... but I would love for them to re-add that diversity again... let me have a behind the scenes look, let me experience movie making magic.

I don't even need the behind the scenes, give me more practical effects and I'd be happy. That's one reason I have a soft spot for Poseidon - might be a bit dated, but that final room can't be beat.

I don't even need the behind the scenes, give me more practical effects and I'd be happy. That's one reason I have a soft spot for Poseidon - might be a bit dated, but that final room can't be beat.
It seems Poseidon is more popular than before. Anytime I go on it, the audience has pretty good reactions now. Part of it may be that they upgraded the effects the last couple of years. But, in my opinion, the attraction stands out more now than before, since Jaws, Disaster/Earthquake, Twister etc. are now gone. PF adds a lot of diversity to both parks attraction wise, since it harkins back to a Universal that no longer exists. Universal would do well to put an old time type attraction in, just to balance things out.

It seems Poseidon is more popular than before. Anytime I go on it, the audience has pretty good reactions now. Part of it may be that they upgraded the effects the last couple of years. But, in my opinion, the attraction stands out more now than before, since Jaws, Disaster/Earthquake, Twister etc. are now gone. PF adds a lot of diversity to both parks attraction wise, since it harkins back to a Universal that no longer exists. Universal would do well to put an old time type attraction in, just to balance things out.

Agreed, I think that's what made Universal so interesting and unique to me, what set it apart from Disney.

If fast and furious superharged were ever to get a update I would love to see a revamped attraction similar to test track at Epcot I wish that was the original plan in the beginning.

I think many were expecting something akin to this.

It lends itself perfectly to that type of attraction - test tracks, Cars Ride

But if you want to constantly do everything cheaply (except Potter), then you end up with this monstrosity.

I've heard the 'should be like Test Track' sentiment about a bazillion times now. Disney has that ride tech patent under lock and key. Universal would have to come up with their own version, and I'm sure it wouldn't be as good. That pains me to say as a Universal fan. But we got what we got because this is what they had to offer us. If they had a better ride platform, they would've used it.

They technically do have a better ride platform, but it'd mean having a Spider-Man offshoot across from a Spider-Man offshoot.

I've heard the 'should be like Test Track' sentiment about a bazillion times now. Disney has that ride tech patent under lock and key. Universal would have to come up with their own version, and I'm sure it wouldn't be as good. That pains me to say as a Universal fan. But we got what we got because this is what they had to offer us. If they had a better ride platform, they would've used it.

They technically do have a better ride platform, but it'd mean having a Spider-Man offshoot across from a Spider-Man offshoot.

Nonsense.

There could be any form of technology used to make an attraction that has you in a car speeding away ... if Disney have some patent on Cars/Test Track ride system, you could look to create your own.

The primary reason for this atrocity was the budget and being cheap.

If it is a creativity problem then i would despair - but i don't think anyone believed this was a good idea.

Nonsense.

There could be any form of technology used to make an attraction that has you in a car speeding away ... if Disney have some patent on Cars/Test Track ride system, you could look to create your own.

The primary reason for this atrocity was the budget and being cheap.

If it is a creativity problem then i would despair - but i don't think anyone believed this was a good idea.
I'm no expert, but US copyright law would dictate it be different enough to not infringe on Disney's "car speeding away" patent. Could be that drifting car patent that Universal registered a while back, but I was under the impression that was for Mario Kart.

You're not wrong in that budget was a huge factor, but for how much they spent on it, they could've done an original attraction. Why not a car stunt show? With the HS car show gone, Universal could've filled that void in the market.

I'm no expert, but US copyright law would dictate it be different enough to not infringe on Disney's "car speeding away" patent. Could be that drifting car patent that Universal registered a while back, but I was under the impression that was for Mario Kart.

You're not wrong in that budget was a huge factor, but for how much they spent on it, they could've done an original attraction. Why not a car stunt show? With the HS car show gone, Universal could've filled that void in the market.

You know what Disney would have done rite? Take the RIP Rockit coaster. Put some carboard cuts out of Vin Diesel around the entrance, and another one of the Rock during the middle portion of the coaster. New lick of paint. And labelled it a brand new attraction called 'Fast N Furious'. (c) Iger's Disney

They literally should have done everything and anything else than what they did.

You know what Disney would have done rite? Take the RIP Rockit coaster. Put some carboard cuts out of Vin Diesel around the entrance, and another one of the Rock during the middle portion of the coaster. New lick of paint. And labelled it a brand new attraction called 'Fast N Furious'. (c) Iger's Disney
They should keep that in mind for Disney's eventual takeover of Universal. :thumbsup:

"ANYTHING" would have bee better than what they built....Forced Alene to ride it on a pretty busy Saturday a week and a half ago. It was mid day , we went in Express, and the regular line was faster (pure walk on) since they didn't have to do the photo check. Only 'one' tram running now.....and it didn't fill up. Seemed like effects on 360 were toned down from the times I rode it last year. Amazing how quick the GP caught on to how bad this attraction is...At least the two TM's on the pre shows had decent spiels this time around. They were better than the ride....which gets worst with repeat riding....It's got to be a matter of time before they fix this or shut it down. It's got to be expensive to run and staff it in it's present two pre shows format.

*Calls Dynamic Attractions*

Fully agree.

Instead of discarding that experience - why not just improve it, make it more modern to the times?

Why switch a form of ride, into an experience that is all over the park - namely 'screenz'.