Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kings Island General Discussion

It’s a giga don’t kid ourselves.

I just hope that no one is kidding about it being a giga. That filing looked very legitimate. Just about 37 days till Gold Pass Preview. Am I going to drive an antique car? I might. Unless it has a long line. In which case, it's off to Banshee.

I just hope that no one is kidding about it being a giga. That filing looked very legitimate. Just about 37 days till Gold Pass Preview. Am I going to drive an antique car? I might. Unless it has a long line. In which case, it's off to Banshee.

Oh it's 100% a B&M. The filing is legit. You can go to the county site and download it. As for type, I'd say 90+% Giga.

Went to KI on Friday for a Season Pass Preview night. The rain was nonstop and it was chilly. I had a fairly waterproof coat but really wished that I had owned some true outdoor gear. The new walking surface around the fountains is very nice. The fountains seemed to be firing higher but it was hard to get a good read on them. I saw the glockenspiel in position but missed it actually working. Still, it was fun to see the old addition. Walked past the antique cars and there was a bit of a line. Since those things aren't high pph and it was pouring, I decided to skip. Rode Racers which was nice. Seemed a little smoother although I didn't think that they retracked the whole ride. Next, I rode Banshee in the front row which was a terrible idea. The rain felt like being shot with BB's throughout. Still, I enjoyed getting back out to the park. I started to head back to the Beast and Diamondback, but, since it started raining even harder, I abandoned ship and headed to the car and home. I am planning on going there this Friday, if the weather holds up okay. Operations were very slow but I figured that they were using the premier as a training ground.

There was a time in the 80's where this was my favorite theme park. Glad to hear they've returned the entrance street to it's former glory. This is one of the best entrances anywhere.

Some don't like the new fountains because there are no pedestals. Overall, I think that it works well. The fountains are lit up with color at night that corresponds to the colors shown on the Eiffel Tower. I do miss the full-grown trees but they'll grow in eventually. Thus, International Street has a more open feel to it plus really nice seating areas (no more white plastic tables). Rode Diamondback this past Friday and enjoyed it. Operations were better for it but The Bat had really slow load/unload times. Banshee didn't have much of a line but Mystic Timbers had a long line.

It's strange. The Rivertown area of KI has The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback and benefits from being rather central in the park (though toward the back, obviously). Those rides have consistently had the longest lines. The Bat is a fun suspended coaster but has a long walk back to it. Banshee is arguably the best ride in the park. Action Zone also has Delirium, Drop Tower, and Invertigo to give it a total of five great rides, plus Congo River Falls. However, Action Zone does not have heavy crowds except on really busy days. It just strikes me weird that Banshee's line is typically far shorter than Diamondback's or Mystic Timbers. Maybe it is because of the loops but it seems to be more location oriented, since people can rotate between the three coasters in Rivertown.

Cedar Fair has trademarked the names Orion and Polaris. Both fit perfectly within X-Base. Also, it appears that this coaster could go under/over the Beast and possibly the Racer, with clearing and markers in both areas (sorry, I don't have any photos, I've been getting this info off of Kings Island Central Forums).

Also, there was posters up in Flight of Fear during WinterFest teasing "2020" and 355".

7A3386A6-63E6-44FC-8796-B2BF8FB8D26A.thumb.jpeg.a73b8e3710fd3e3db08ba89ad554bbc1.jpeg

If this isn't a giga I'd be dumbfounded.

^At the Clermont Steel place (where they make the track for B&M), there is currently track visible for 2 separate hyper coasters (B&M gigas are still a hyper coaster model). One is obviously for Hershey Park that is a chocolate brown color with "MCR" on the track pieces. The other ones are marked with "MCT". That one could be for KI. The space cleared is definitely something larger than a dive or wing coaster...and certainly any other B&M model that's currently in production.

Cedar Fair has trademarked the names Orion and Polaris. Both fit perfectly within X-Base. Also, it appears that this coaster could go under/over the Beast and possibly the Racer, with clearing and markers in both areas (sorry, I don't have any photos, I've been getting this info off of Kings Island Central Forums).

Also, there was posters up in Flight of Fear during WinterFest teasing "2020" and 355".

7A3386A6-63E6-44FC-8796-B2BF8FB8D26A.thumb.jpeg.a73b8e3710fd3e3db08ba89ad554bbc1.jpeg

If this isn't a giga I'd be dumbfounded.

THEY TOOK MY IDEA

People on the Kings Island Central Forums are saying that the full plans are really weird. Certain things don't match up, including scale and access roads.

The scale issue was with the actual station/lift blueprints people got from the city. I'd have to have a physical copy in front of me to see who is right and wrong, but there appears to be two scales on the drawing and one leads to a lift height of like 150 ft. But those are the actual legit plans filed with the city, so they are real.

The full course plan i linked is the question. It was anon posted and the only version anyone got from them was two cell phone screen shots. The person who ended up reposting tried to stitch the pics together and did a bad job of it. Didn't line them up and cut off the the turnaround. This led to people doubting them more. As you can see in the pic I posted, the two sides do line up properly and it is a complete course.

The blueprints are real. Multiple people have went to the city hall and gotten them. Some high resolution pictures from ParksFans and KI Central:

JvWkz7X.jpg

pt39Y3M.jpg

6mdVn1M.jpg

20190522_112344.thumb.jpg.0ffd355d01a8895e1fc5d907d9785e14.jpg

Height is 286 feet, with a drop height of 301 feet. So it's a giga, but barely.

Before anybody says that this is Diamondback 2.0, somebody on KI Central Forums pointed out that several parts of the ride have extreme banking. There's also a tunnel under the lift hill, after the ambersand helix. No trims for most of the ride. The turnaround that everyone thought was a reverse treble clef (the element from Fury 325) is not a treble clef after all, rather it's something that resembles a non-inverting dive loop.

You are reading too much into some speculation. Theres nothing saying theres a tunnel anywhere on the ride. And theres nothing saying it's anything but a treble cleft. Theres a lot of people trying to find something that isn't there, and people are latching onto it as if it's fact.

*Mystic Timbers opens* KI Fanboys: “BOOOOO! WE WANT A GIGA!”

*Plans leak fit a new giga* KI Fanboys: “BOOOOO! The giga sucks!”

Serious note: it looks fun. Of course they’re not going to have it top Millennium or Vengeance coaster as they don’t want to cannibalize Cedar Point too much. If this was going to SFMM I almost guarantee SFMM fanboys would eat this up.