Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

My biggest issue with Pandora, so this would definitely be welcomed. I don't need full street shows, I just don't want the place to feel empty

Chewie & Rey roam the land on the forested, Resistance area of the land. Chewie will occasionally work on a speeder/vessel thing that sparks in response to his tinkering, causing him to get vocally frustrated. He's sometimes accompanied by a costumed translator who plays up the scenario. Elsewhere, Kylo Ren will roam around the more industrial areas - including up on the catwalks intended for more permanent entertainment - and patrol. Apparently he gets frustrated with an accompanying Imperial Officer for not taking control of the area faster and force chokes him. And yes, Stormtroopers generally mill about and form a front to force people out at the end of their time slot.

bracketspoilerclosebracket bracketbackslashspoilerclosebracket

:lol:

Chewie & Rey roam the land on the forested, Resistance area of the land. Chewie will occasionally work on a speeder/vessel thing that sparks in response to his tinkering, causing him to get vocally frustrated. He's sometimes accompanied by a costumed translator who plays up the scenario. Elsewhere, Kylo Ren will roam around the more industrial areas - including up on the catwalks intended for more permanent entertainment - and patrol. Apparently he gets frustrated with an accompanying Imperial Officer for not taking control of the area faster and force chokes him. And yes, Stormtroopers generally mill about and form a front to force people out at the end of their time slot.

This all sounds really good, and also addresses another complaint I had had

I’m so ready to go on June 3rd! I have my entire day planned out and can’t wait to cap it off with Galaxy’s Edge that evening. Fingers crossed this is gonna be an orderly, pleasant experience :grin:

One thing to consider about Olga’s...this is the first time people have been able to drink in Disneyland. Also, they do not allow to go drinks. So people will end up camping out in there for a while.

I expect the cantina to be super popular in Orlando too, but I think this adds even more demand to the DL location.

Worth it.

Needs that toy on a giant Kuka arm, and we win.

Eh screw it, it's a win already for Jacka sacrificing the toy's movement for that. :lmao:

Honestly, that sounds actually like a great use of already incorporating the current M&G's, in a way that doesn't entirely feel obtrusive. In-fact, for the latter; it's almost organic.

Spielberg is working on the West Side Story remake now. So I doubt it has anything to do with that.
Which is now a Disney/FOX release, so naturally Spielberg hangs around, especially with the want to make Indy 5 happen.

Olivanders. The wand assistants in the lands. All are part of entertainments budget. Even then you’re missing the point.
They are not on entertainment's budget. Those are on attractions budget, but that's besides the point.

Last edited:
It's almost like they built it to last more than 3 years.

Most folks wouldn't mind riding the same ride years later. Rerideability is more of an issue for a ride you might ride 2 or 3 times a visit. Which won't be the case for this for a long time.

I'd love to see how the "auto pilot" button pushing changes over the years. I think the ride going fully auto is more likely than lots of missions.

The Cantina during CM preview has averaged an hour wait just to get in, even then the land is nowhere near capacity.

Do we know what the Cantina's capacity is? Haven't seen it anywhere other than the previous estimation of 30 people which I believe was not correct.

Not sure of the Cantina's capacity but we went directly to the line for it when our time slot opened and we waited MAYBE 30 minutes even though they quoted us an hour wait time. They limit you to a 45 minute slot if you have a communal booth, but if you're at the bar or one of the standing tables they didn't limit you time-wise. It was a two drink limit, but the drinks were fairly strong. ($15-$19 for alcoholic. Not sure about the majority of the prices for the non-alcoholic drinks as I didn't buy any, but there is a souvenir non-alcoholic drink for $32 that I won't spoil.) I was able to get on Smugglers twice and probably could have gone on it more than that, but after our second time they had let the next time slot in. I waited maybe 15 minutes when it was a "30 minute" wait time and walked on when it was a "15 minute" wait time.

I can't say much because I don't want to get my friend in trouble, since she was gracious enough to take me with her. But absolutely try the Fuzzy Tauntaun. It's an experience. :cheers:

Not sure of the Cantina's capacity but we went directly to the line for it when our time slot opened and we waited MAYBE 30 minutes even though they quoted us an hour wait time. They limit you to a 45 minute slot if you have a communal booth, but if you're at the bar or one of the standing tables they didn't limit you time-wise. It was a two drink limit, but the drinks were fairly strong. ($15-$19 for alcoholic. Not sure about the majority of the prices for the non-alcoholic drinks as I didn't buy any, but there is a souvenir non-alcoholic drink for $32 that I won't spoil.) I was able to get on Smugglers twice and probably could have gone on it more than that, but after our second time they had let the next time slot in. I waited maybe 15 minutes when it was a "30 minute" wait time and walked on when it was a "15 minute" wait time.

I can't say much because I don't want to get my friend in trouble, since she was gracious enough to take me with her. But absolutely try the Fuzzy Tauntaun. It's an experience. :cheers:

Amazing thank you!

Must... fight... extreme jealousy :freak:

Sounds like fun to me!

Was the ambiance worth the wait? What was your overall feel about the area?

Sounds like fun to me!

Was the ambiance worth the wait? What was your overall feel about the area?
I'll be honest. I'm a diehard Star Wars fan. So my expectations were high. Not everything was out/functioning for CM previews and even still it was amazing! My heart was beating out of my chest when I saw the Falcon for the first time. What sucked was we were the front of the holding queue for our time slot. So I had to just stare at the land for half an hour until they let us in. I felt like a little kid and I just wanted to run inside. Also the scale is INSANE. Every time I thought we were at the edge(lol) there was more land to explore.

A tip: If you don't want to drop the money on a lightsaber, you can tell them you just want to see the Ollivander's-esque experience. (I didn't know this until after we left.)