Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How long will The Simpsons Ride last?

How long will the Simpsons Ride last?

• Total voters
The Myrtle Beach attraction is completely severed from any rights agreements Universal has with Simpsons/FOX. I say this with the utmost confidence.

I can also confirm that the Simpsons are still doing daily Meet N' Greets in Universal Studios Hollywood. Saw them on my trip to the park last week, situated between Studio Tour, Simpsons Ride and the path towards Hogwarts.

I actually always like seeing them out and about for some reason. I can't stand the ride, but the costumes always make me smile.

I think this is some left over contracts and stuff, like how MotionGate in Dubai opened with a Marvel land years after Disney acquired Marvel.

Motiongate from memory had no Marvel Land.

They had a Dreamworks land, and a standard rubbish coaster painted green that they called Green Lantern.

Well The Simpsons could be used in WDS park in Paris since The Simpsons is also popular in Europe.
If Disney uses The Simpsons in their parks (which I actually think stands a chance), it will likely only be for M&G's, merch and F&B.

On the Orlando part of things, i've heard from someone who works in costuming at Universal that Disney has been giving Universal a hard time about the costumes and upkeep, has insisted the costumes be sent to an Orlando location for Disney to clean them and now Universal is short on actual Simpsons costumed characters. Odd rumor and seems like it would breach contract, but figured i'd pass it along in case it carried any weight.

I meant like if they create a Springfield area in WDS Disney imagineers could easily create a full replica of Springfield, and make a negotiation with Comcast to bring The Simpsons Ride in WDS having the ride be in both English, and French depending on the ride vehicle.

There’s been a few third party attractions and limited events through the years (before Disney and while they’ve been at Universal).

Remember when some 7-11s were turned into Quickie Marts?
and Abu is still doing his thing in the Simpson's ride pre show. Glad Universal didn't give in to that nonsense.

The ride system still holds - it's the IP, film, that is getting tired.

But they have more pressing issues than fixing this.