Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the JW arch sign looks okay. I have a feeling it'll look better in person. That building sign on the other hand is MASSIVE, though, holy crap.

Also, with all these signs that might imply a soft opening or AP early access soon, I really need to renew my pass this or next week...

Problem with the arch is the Arch color. Its to similar to the paint of the surrounding buildings.

The old arch was a much darker deeper brown color compared to the beige look of the building surrounding it so it stood out. much more visual depth coming from a far.

Hoping they do a touch up. Not that it looks bad, it looks solid and the area looks great.

Last edited:
I have a theory: What if the final show building is themed to the "Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom" (Paddock 9). We enter only to see the area is themed to a dark jungle. Suddenly a projection mapping effect reveals the Indominus Rex right in front of us (since the Indominus Rex can camouflage.) As we round the corner we see Claire holding a flare. She opens the paddock 9 doors to reveal the T-Rex walking towards us! Our boat drops right before the dinosaur fight begins.

I have a theory: What if the final show building is themed to the "Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom" (Paddock 9). We enter only to see the area is themed to a dark jungle. Suddenly a projection mapping effect reveals the Indominus Rex right in front of us (since the Indominus Rex can camouflage.) As we round the corner we see Claire holding a flare. She opens the paddock 9 doors to reveal the T-Rex walking towards us! Our boat drops right before the dinosaur fight begins.
We need more teeth.

That’s actually a pretty sound theory. If the DWT projection mapping usage is of any indication I think it’ll definitely be a nice scare for the first time rider. Though it does have me wondering how different the inside of the show building is gonna look.

I seriously cannot wait to see what they’ve done in there, and how the finale is going to look like.

We need more teeth.

Considering the confirmed actors are just Chris Pratt, Bryce, and BD, I’m willing to bet either Owen or Claire will say “we need more teeth!” at some point before the final drop as a nod to the film.

Problem with the arch is the Arch color. Its to similar to the paint of the surrounding buildings.

The old arch was a much darker deeper brown color compared to the beige look of the building surrounding it so it stood out. much more visual depth coming from a far.

Hoping they do a touch up. Not that it looks bad, it looks solid and the area looks great.
Agreed.

Quick and sloppy:

J9dPtzf.jpg

I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet, but rewatching the footage of the yet to be placed sign, I noticed that it was in two pieces. The JW lettering is a separate piece.
FAZlskH.png

Pretty certain this is something that will also light up at night, and I really can't wait to see how it all looks.

I'm surprised no one's brought this up yet, but rewatching the footage of the yet to be placed sign, I noticed that it was in two pieces. The JW lettering is a separate piece.

Good spot!

We now know the ride is set on the day the Indominous Rex escapes. It's probably just me dreaming but 'd really love to see JW get some kind of daytime show elements to make the area come alive.
I'm thinking:
  • Air raid sirens going off
  • Announcements about a containment anomoly
  • A Pterosaur animatronic popping up on the JW cliff face or roof of one of the buildings
They could do this 3 or 4 times during the day, and it wouldn't take too much to organise.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned about the ride than the sign.
A little dissapointed they didn't give us the version from the movie, but it does appear to look better in person than in pics.

I wonder if this is a concious decision to match some of the other 'in park' JW signage like the below?
tyrannosaurus-rex-kingdom-sign.jpg

It's a sign, but I must say it looks... amateurish? Like an art project someone did for school. The colors and concrete work look weird. I think concrete more in the line of the sign from the Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom would look better. I mean, again, it's a sign but the old one looked majestic.

It's a sign, but I must say it looks... amateurish? Like an art project someone did for school. The colors and concrete work look weird. I think concrete more in the line of the sign from the Tyrannosaurus Rex Kingdom would look better. I mean, again, it's a sign but the old one looked majestic.

I think they under-weared it a bit so that when it wears naturally from the torches burning it and weather, sun, etc, etc, it won't look dingy or in bad condition.
It won't take long for the weather and torches especially to start putting a natural wear on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.