Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I don't get the logic behind that decision. Make it look worse and cost more?
They wanted slides to be exploding out the back side seeing as how the front side is just mountain....Essentially, the colorful slides coming out of the back is a visual difference between the front...Seeing as how you don't see any slides when you first walk in (besides the giant drop one and a little bit of some), it is an intentional design change when you circle around back to where you get on the slides. Maybe they felt the park would have felt more empty with everything being enclosed

TBH my biggest issue is with the garrish metal work that you see...Was it too much to spray some concrete at it?

TBH my biggest issue is with the garrish metal work that you see...Was it too much to spray some concrete at it?
I'm not an engineer, but I imagine they cannot cover all of the metal in concrete as it might need to be inspected. But I agree with the idea that they did a poor job on this aspect.

I'm not an engineer, but I imagine they cannot cover all of the metal in concrete as it might need to be inspected. But I agree with the idea that they did a poor job on this aspect.
I think it would be way too heavy, but doesn't mean I can say 'BLAST THAT METAL' everytime I see it

Real talk though, once I'm in the park, Volcano Gate becomes less of an issue.....Especially now that all the vegitation is growing in

They already are running into issues with the slide pieces and the volcano.

Like screens the backside of the Volcano isn't the issue it's just an easier way to describe the main problem: the views of steel supports in an otherwise natural setting.

One of the things that brings me to this forum is the details found at theme parks like this table. What department decided that they needed a worn painted table? Did they paint it and then use a disc sander to wear off the paint? Did they then rub it with a darker paint and wipe it off to look a bit used? Or did they merely run out and buy an old used table? Hmmm...

Likely a set dressing team. Probably the third option. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they ran out of money. Set dressing/props is often a lot of thrifting. Vintage/used items are often more dynamic and realistic visually. Not to mention, aged set pieces are always great; when guests and weather beat them up, it all looks intentional.

Also, “rustic” is in rn lol.

Anyone know any details why Volcano Bay shut early today? Rumor said something about an electrical shock.

edit:
Incident at Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay causes park to close early - Story | WOFL

61830367_10219810597157238_7610710386706219008_n.jpg

Although the above post doesn't explain "Workers in the hospital" unless the problem was larger than they anticipated (Which would explain shutting the park down)

Last edited: