Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

You can reduce prices if they don't sell. If you price them too low and they sell out, then you are never getting that money back.

I know we've mentioned cut entertainment before but I want to bring up something that came to my attention: Star Wars Celebration 2017 had footage of the entertainment work they were going to add. It looks amazing and it's very disappointing to see it cut.

One of my friends counted 18 barstools and standing room with tables, and two bartenders struggling to keep up with drink orders.
This is CM previews. Hopefully they are paying attention and managing staff as they get into opening. I saw that all drinks are premixed so that should speed things up but they will find out 3 hour waits for Olgas is no bueno.

This is CM previews. Hopefully they are paying attention and managing staff as they get into opening. I saw that all drinks are premixed so that should speed things up but they will find out 3 hour waits for Olgas is no bueno.

I think we're quickly going to see a revision to the no "to go" policy and possibly a full elimination of usable booths if you aren't doing something like a flight. Switch to disposable glassware (with option to purchase the special mugs and whatnot) and treat this like Finnegan's during Horror Nights. Wait in the queue, one drink per ID, chance to take in the atmosphere as you wait for your drink, out you go.

I know we've mentioned cut entertainment before but I want to bring up something that came to my attention: Star Wars Celebration 2017 had footage of the entertainment work they were going to add. It looks amazing and it's very disappointing to see it cut.

Ughhhhhh

They have two bartenders for all of Sams and that's way smaller.

premixed? uh oh.

“Pre-mixed” isn’t the right word necessarily. It’s not like it’s a nasty bottled margarita you buy at a grocery store. “Bulk made” would be better, and that’s incredibly common in the industry for many cocktails in a setting like this.

If they’re going to have two bartenders- or even 4- with that type of crowd, there is no way they’d be able to make each cocktail individually. There might be one or two that they do make by hand (depending on ingredients), but the vast majority are going to be bulk made every few hours.
It won’t change the taste, and if you aren’t watching the bartender make the drink, then it doesn’t matter at all anyways.

“Pre-mixed” isn’t the right word necessarily. It’s not like it’s a nasty bottled margarita you buy at a grocery store. “Bulk made” would be better, and that’s incredibly common in the industry for many cocktails in a setting like this.

If they’re going to have two bartenders- or even 4- with that type of crowd, there is no way they’d be able to make each cocktail individually. There might be one or two that they do make by hand (depending on ingredients), but the vast majority are going to be bulk made every few hours.
It won’t change the taste, and if you aren’t watching the bartender make the drink, then it doesn’t matter at all anyways.

That's exactly what I thought when they said "pre-mixed". For those prices they should have more bartenders to make those drinks fresh. The drinks don't seem to be designed to be batch cocktails and the flavors will do funky things over time. It's why the HHN liquor drinks suck so much.

That's exactly what I thought when they said "pre-mixed". For those prices they should have more bartenders to make those drinks fresh. The drinks don't seem to be designed to be batch cocktails and the flavors will do funky things over time. It's why the HHN liquor drinks suck so much.

Looking at the menu and not knowing their *exact* ingredients, I’d say the Bespin Fizz, Cliff Dweller and the Outer Rim are the only 3 that would need to be made individually. Those, likely not by coincidence are also the 3 most expensive drinks (with the exception being the Yub Nub in a souvenir mug).
Everything else you could batch make without much discernible difference. Hand made would be preferred, as always, but I certainly wouldn’t have expected it in this location considering the fact they’ll be slammed always. And considering it’s like only for 4-5 hours per batch (or way less), that should be adequate.
Also, note that no brands are mentioned; and that will have a much larger impact on the quality of the drink vs batch/handmade. As a liquor snob, that’s where my concern would be :)

Screenshot_20190525-111848_Play_Disney.jpg

wait wait wait
Galaxy's Edge Datapad is already avaiable in the Play Disney app. Obviously we can't do anything since we've not there, but we can already take a look at how some of the things will work.

Looking at the menu and not knowing their *exact* ingredients, I’d say the Bespin Fizz, Cliff Dweller and the Outer Rim are the only 3 that would need to be made individually. Those, likely not by coincidence are also the 3 most expensive drinks (with the exception being the Yub Nub in a souvenir mug).
Everything else you could batch make without much discernible difference. Hand made would be preferred, as always, but I certainly wouldn’t have expected it in this location considering the fact they’ll be slammed always. And considering it’s like only for 4-5 hours per batch (or way less), that should be adequate.
Also, note that no brands are mentioned; and that will have a much larger impact on the quality of the drink vs batch/handmade. As a liquor snob, that’s where my concern would be :)

And apparently they pull some fun levers for the drinks to be poured or wherever.

I'm guessing Club 33 members are getting a preview today. I saw a friend of mine who is a member is there checking it out today...