T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Stuntmen are stuntmen. It's about the stunts, not who does them.
This is all the truth when it comes to the show, but it'll still never make Bourne a good choice for an IP, especially since it already feels dated. But more to my point, since Reeves and Cruise do their own stunts, it could've made for a cooler pre-show video.

I know complaining about the IP choice here is ultra-nitpicky since it's all about the stunts in the end and not the IP, but there's just so many better stunt franchises out there than Bourne that it's just hard to not compare. Hell, F&F would've made for a more exciting IP for a stunt show than Bourne (granted something like that would've need to replace Fear Factor).

This is all the truth when it comes to the show, but it'll still never make Bourne a good choice for an IP, especially since it already feels dated. But more to my point, since Reeves and Cruise do their own stunts, it could've made for a cooler pre-show video.

I know complaining about the IP choice here is ultra-nitpicky since it's all about the stunts in the end and not the IP, but there's just so many better stunt franchises out there than Bourne that it's just hard to not compare. Hell, F&F would've made for a more exciting IP for a stunt show than Bourne (granted something like that would've need to replace Fear Factor).
Bourne is Universal, they will make a unique story and have creative freedom. If they get it right it will be as amazing as Waterworld.

Who said anything about Jason Bourne being the star of the show...if i remember correctly the rumor was the show takes place in the Bourne Universe.

More than anything the show focus is the origin story and present-day actions of a CIA black ops program known as Operation Treadstone — a covert program that uses behavior-modification protocol to turn recruits into nearly superhuman assassins.

Which sounds more like stunt show than focusing solely on Jason Bourne and will allow for easily cast changes out instead of someone who looks like Matt Damon.

I find it a bit funny how this stunt show will be based on a virtually dead IP when we have John Wick out there as such an obvious choice for a stunt show. Sure, not Universal-owned, but who cares. It’s a no-brainer IP for a stunt show.

None of the IP's mentioned are going to sell merch, nor are they really going to do much in terms of increasing ticket sales. People aren't planning trips for a show. So if it's not selling merch or tickets and is just filling out their lineup, why pay someone else for an IP when you have your own that will achieve the same goal?

Reactions: Andysol
So with this being pushed to 2020 I wonder if they will use the time to expand the scope of the attraction a bit and really knock it out of the park.

Does anyone know if work on the attraction is actually ongoing or if they put a stop work order to resume later in the year? This has got to go in the record books as one of the slowest attraction build-times ever undertaken at the resort and it's for a show that is utilizing existing infrastructure.

So with this being pushed to 2020 I wonder if they will use the time to expand the scope of the attraction a bit and really knock it out of the park.

Does anyone know if work on the attraction is actually ongoing or if they put a stop work order to resume later in the year? This has got to go in the record books as one of the slowest attraction build-times ever undertaken at the resort and it's for a show that is utilizing existing infrastructure.
I heard construction sounds coming from inside through the exit doors 3 out of my last 4 visits. Friday was the first time in recent months where it was quiet inside. Although sometimes it’s real loud with drills and jackhammers, and sometimes only a little noise like moving things around. Point being, sounds to me like there’s been something going on still.

Reactions: JoeCamel and tielo
I heard construction sounds coming from inside through the exit doors 3 out of my last 4 visits. Friday was the first time in recent months where it was quiet inside. Although sometimes it’s real loud with drills and jackhammers, and sometimes only a little noise like moving things around. Point being, sounds to me like there’s been something going on still.
I guess my question is how it would even be possible to have construction extend for a period of two years on a project like this unless the crew consists entirely of one man with an allen wrench working 30 minute shifts. I'm also curious what the cast and stuntmen that have apparently been rehearsing since mid-2018 will be doing during all of this extra time.

I guess my question is how it would even be possible to have construction extend for a period of two years on a project like this unless the crew consists entirely of one man with an allen wrench working 30 minute shifts. I'm also curious what the cast and stuntmen that have apparently been rehearsing since mid-2018 will be doing during all of this extra time.
We’ve never gotten official word that this show has been bumped to 2020. Still rumor/speculation.

Reactions: tielo and jrn14
I'm also curious what the cast and stuntmen that have apparently been rehearsing since mid-2018 will be doing during all of this extra time.

Agreed, this is the part that doesn't sit right with me. If they have been blocking it that long (even since the start of this year) there's no way they'll turn around and say 'great rehearsals, we'll see you this time next year'.

Stuntmen are stuntmen. It's about the stunts, not who does them.
Tell that to the insurance companies who insure the films :D (Not to mention producers who have heart attacks when a major star says he wants to his own dangerous stunt). Of course, since Cruise is his own producer, he overrides himself... LOL

Tell that to the insurance companies who insure the films :D (Not to mention producers who have heart attacks when a major star says he wants to his own dangerous stunt). Of course, since Cruise is his own producer, he overrides himself... LOL
And Keanu is good friends with the John Wick director (Chad Stahelski) as he was actually Keanu’s stunt double in The Matrix films.

Reactions: Andysol and Mike S
I am not a fan of the Bourne series or the Wick series. I find Bourne Identity to be the lesser version of Ronin, and John Wick as mindless action with great choreography. The numbers seem to show that Bourne is more liked by the public. Bourne made 950 million worldwide with its first movies and John wick is sitting at 435 million currently. The five bourne films made 1.6 billion worldwide. I think Universal was smart to use Bourne as their IP.

Reactions: tielo
I am not a fan of the Bourne series or the Wick series. I find Bourne Identity to be the lesser version of Ronin, and John Wick as mindless action with great choreography. The numbers seem to show that Bourne is more liked by the public. Bourne made 950 million worldwide with its first movies and John wick is sitting at 435 million currently. The five bourne films made 1.6 billion worldwide. I think Universal was smart to use Bourne as their IP.

Probably because Bourne is based on a series of popular novels, while Wick is an entirely original creation.

I just can’t believe the movie franchise is almost 20 years old and they’re just now doing a live action show for it. If this were Bond or Mission:Impossible I could see it, but I never really thought of the Bourne movies in the same caliber as those.

Another reason Bourne is a stronger IP.
The Bourne films have been doing lesser and lesser numbers with each release though and the Wick films, as people discover the franchise, are doing better and better. Wick also has spinoff films and a TV Series in the works (along with video games) and a sequel to the current film already announced.

It's not gonna be Bourne it will be the Terminator again with the new cast members added in just continuing where the old one left off ( kinda like the new movie) :p

The original three Bourne films were all huge critical and box office successes. The spin-off and oddly titled "Jason Bourne" 5th film were profitable but too a lesser degree and it became clear the character and universe had run its course (at least theatrically).

That said, everyone shouldn't be worrying about the IP choice for this. Is it a little odd that they chose this franchise to anchor the show in this new world of theme park / film studio synergy? Absolutely. Will it affect the quality of the attraction? No. Splash Mountain and Waterworld clearly show an attraction's quality isn't linked to its IP. For that matter Fast & Furious also proves this.

The only issue with this show is the fact that it will most likely be the main addition to the resort for 2020 at a time when Disney will be debuting 2 major E-tickets shortly after having already opened Galaxy's Edge. Fantastic Worlds being fast tracked has clearly had a lot of short term consequences for the existing parks and Disney will rightfully be stealing some of the spotlight back over the next few years. Universal has all eyes on 2023.

Reactions: Andysol and therock