Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 647 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d almost just like to point out that any of those would be major issues and would have certainly delayed opening.

For the most part all of those are issues that are essentially impossible.

None are true and what is believed to be true is relatively minor.

I was just having some fun thinking up fantastical malfunctions ala Gringotts. Also an electrical fire and a train valley aren't exactly "impossible." Far more serious malfunctions have occurred on any number of rides during testing phases. Test Track had cars practically crashing into walls.

Way to ruin the suspense! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be specific but one section of the ride was producing more forces than anticipated. One component on the trains was being worn down quicker than expected and broke during a test this week. All hands on deck meeting was had this week to solve it. If I had to guess they’ll beef up that component and update the preventative maintenance schedule.

Not to be specific but one section of the ride was producing more forces than anticipated. One component on the trains was being worn down quicker than expected and broke during a test this week. All hands on deck meeting was had this week to solve it. If I had to guess they’ll beef up that component and update the preventative maintenance schedule.
I have got to ride this thing lol!!!!

Reactions: alias8703
Someone I follow on Instagram has posted an image beyond the wall, showing the area in front of the entrance... Am I allowed to describe details? Or should I be keeping it to myself? Don't want to break any rules.

So excited for this ride! Unfortunately won't get to visit until 2020 or 21, so it will be an agonising wait :( At least the greenery will be nice an dense by the time I experience it!

Someone I follow on Instagram has posted an image beyond the wall, showing the area in front of the entrance... Am I allowed to describe details? Or should I be keeping it to myself? Don't want to break any rules.

So excited for this ride! Unfortunately won't get to visit until 2020 or 21, so it will be an agonising wait :( At least the greenery will be nice an dense by the time I experience it!
Describing is encouraged. Also, they let media in that area already and there's pics on the site from it.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I was just having some fun thinking up fantastical malfunctions ala Gringotts. Also an electrical fire and a train valley aren't exactly "impossible." Far more serious malfunctions have occurred on any number of rides during testing phases. Test Track had cars practically crashing into walls.

Way to ruin the suspense! :grin:

No not all of all them are impossible I could have worded that better, however for the first two they simply cannot happen.

Mostly I just don’t see that to be positive speculation, this is a forum and we know what gets said in forums can be taken way too seriously.

So will they keep the more forceful section of the ride or tone it done to the anticipated speed/forces?

So will they keep the more forceful section of the ride or tone it done to the anticipated speed/forces?
Weird that something broke, but isn't considered a major issue. Unless it was something cosmetic (like part of the motorcycle decor). But I can't think of what force would do that or what would break off..... oh well. (Then again, after Slinky lost his head... )

Weird that something broke, but isn't considered a major issue. Unless it was something cosmetic (like part of the motorcycle decor). But I can't think of what force would do that or what would break off..... oh well. (Then again, after Slinky lost his head... )

Nothing broke, something caused more wear down than expected, the fix is easier to rectify now than once the ride is open.

Opening the ride just to close it again isn’t great press.

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE TEST AND ADJUST, PEOPLE... (and the whole "wow this is more forceful that we expected it to be" is a common trend with Intamin coasters... and it aint a bad thing) ;)

Tell that to Cedar Point when Maverick's opening had to be delayed to reprofile part of the ride.

Tell that to Cedar Point when Maverick's opening had to be delayed to reprofile part of the ride.

Or Intimidator 305 having it's first turn completely reprofiled after the first season of operation (after having trims added to the first drop).

(Not hating on Intamin, I love their rides, but this certainly is not their strongest suit... But hey mark me down in favor of a more forceful Hagrid ride.)

Last edited:

President of Intamin told me all about it at IAAPA one year. Dudes a total legend. Supposedly it wasn't so much a danger to the human body, although it was uncomfortable, but it was stressing the trains badly and thats why it was nixed. Same reason I305 had its first turn reprofiled. Trains were coming back with soft melty wheels because of the forces and speed going around the original turn. Gotta give them credit for pushing the boundaries. Not even RMC will push the limits the way Intamin does when it comes to vertical g forces.

Honestly I'm thrilled that they're discovering these issues with Hagrid. That's how you know you're getting a solid, memorable ride. Looks like it will be more punchy than Cheetah Hunt, which is a poor example of an Intamin if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.