Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Welp it's out now. I guess Metallica is the one that's actually happening and not Mexican Original.
YESSSSSS! Look Im all in for a Mexican Original, but Metallica has been one of my dream mazes (You can find my list on the 1st page lol)! Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls and The Four Horsemen here we go! Again, really hope its true, and the Mexican Original comes next year.

To all Metallica fans in this thread which songs would you like to see in the maze?

YESSSSSS! Look Im all in for a Mexican Original, but Metallica has been one of my dream mazes (You can find my list on the 1st page lol)! Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bell Tolls and The Four Horsemen here we go! Again, really hope its true, and the Mexican Original comes next year.

To all Metallica fans in this thread which songs would you like to see in the maze?

Metallica? Well well well, this will be interesting.

First question: 3D or not?

Second question: What are they gonna bring in terms of album covers?

Third Question: Unforgiven II section?

Metallica? Well well well, this will be interesting.

First question: 3D or not?

Second question: What are they gonna bring in terms of album covers?

Third Question: Unforgiven II section?
1. My guess, no.

2. Also my guess, a mixture of popular songs that all blend together in the maze. Possibly having Welcome Home (Santiarium) as the facade/opening (That's what would make sense to me).

3. Would love this, but we will see what happens. Just a guess but probably no.

Well.. just my opinion but hopefully the lineups better in person.

Honestly, I could definitely see this as Black Sabbath redux almost, just with better, non-3D sets.

"War Pigs" and "Iron Man" - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" & "Fight Fire with Fire" (trenches and nuclear war, airbombing)
"Electric Funeral" - "The Four Horsemen" (apocalypse ending)
The opening few scenes with "Black Sabbath" and "Paranoid" - "Enter Sandman" (More like the Alice Cooper maze, but just a nightmare section in an alleyway)

Either way, I'm honestly interested. I was never too big of a metallica fan, but I appreciate their work regardless. It'd be fun seeing the designers get to indulge their metal love again. I wonder if they'd ever do a Devil's Candy maze?

Also i find it funny that they dont use the ghostbusters logo but instead an emoji ghost, i wonder why, its not like they were scared to use the logos for all of the other speculated mazes.

Well when we made the map we were told that the Ghostbusters deal was on rocky ground and that putting it on the map could cause major trouble. So until it's announced or we get a go ahead we're just going to play it safe.

No ones gonna talk about Beetlejuice here? I mean Graveyard show return?

I brought it up, but it does make me fascinated.

Depending on how loose WB is with the character, I am almost wondering if this could be a rebirth of the Bill and Ted style show, only with Beetlejuice's antics as opposed to the two rad dudes in a hip phone box. Hell, it could swing that way even if it was either a standard BJ show, or a Graveyard Revue style.

Certainly is a lot better than Jabba already, so things are looking up Milhouse. And as a wonder, I have to think of if this could be announced sooner than we expect it, as it's an IP that does have a cult audience in some ways. Not to mention it being new for USH and HHN, it'd be interesting to see it get some extra attention.

I also hope we get a scareactor designed to look like the Napster logo View attachment 9674
Ya know, I had an idea for the maze to be like the uber fan like ToT, where he falls asleep into a nightmare experiencing every Metallica song. A Metallica fan falls into a nightmare from the sandman in Enter Sandman. Next the kid is sent into a sanitarium in Welcome Home. Then he is tied to the electric chair and electrocuted in Ride The Lightning. He is then sent to hell like Jump In The Fire. In hell, the world is like an apocalypse in Blackened and is being chased by The Four horsemen. Then, Cthulu rises in Call of Ktulu, and finally the last scene ends with him floating on strings in Master Of Puppets.
Facade would probably be the Metallica albums from Kill em all through Black Album. Add a little Cliff Burton tribute in there too. And yea maybe throw Napster and Mustaine in there for the lols.

I only do Orlando, but if Metallica maze happens, I will fly to Hollywood too. Seeing Metallica with the Orchestra in SF this year and absolutely excited for that.

Well with the speculated lineup and everything minus scarezones, any changes to your guys anticipated mazes for 2019?

I guess HOTC is something I worry about due to the fact that everytime they redo a property it gets worse ('15 Halloween, '17 Insidious, '17 Saw, '17 Evil Dead, '18 Halloween, '18 Purge) so I'm worried about that and that it will sort of throw away.

Klowns I have already discussed it won't be scary and the Mummy tent is a terrible location for it. It's not a property that is so easy for Hollywood's style. I think the maze might just be super cheap.

Ghostbusters is weird because I'm 50/50 on it. It could be super fun and enjoyable as a maze and on the other end it could be boring and filled with black walls. I'm hoping for a effects maze that is Killer and that it is true to the movie. But hopefully it's fun.

ST after last year I feel like they probably listened and will make some changes. I really enjoy Season 2 and think it's great but I hope they do it justice and actually do some great sets, scares, and effects.

Those are the properties I'm worried about. I'm not worried about FMTW, Metallica, Holidayz, or Creepshow (Mainly due to how I see this property being the IP aside from FMTW that Murdy cares about the most).

Judging by the fact of Construction Klowns doesn't look to have a black wall ending and the way they talked about ST (S3 section ending), Holidayz (Christmas Tree Ending), and FMTW (Icy Cellars) it seems like the mazes will actually have endings this year which is fantastic and a good sign. I just want a good year and that's all.

Unpopular opinion: if House of 1000 Corpses turns out to be the black wall maze of the year (e.g. AvED, The First Purge), in order to have the budget be allocated to the other 7 mazes and add more stuff in their attractions, I wouldn't mind. Not just because I already went through it in 2010 and 2011, but it kinda seems like the least anticipated maze in general. Not in the same category as HoB Chapter 2, but definitely gonna get overshadowed by the other confirmed and speculated mazes this year.

Unpopular opinion: if House of 1000 Corpses turns out to be the black wall maze of the year (e.g. AvED, The First Purge), in order to have the budget be allocated to the other 7 mazes and add more stuff in their attractions, I wouldn't mind. Not just because I already went through it in 2010 and 2011, but it kinda seems like the least anticipated maze in general. Not in the same category as HoB Chapter 2, but definitely gonna get overshadowed by the other confirmed and speculated mazes this year.

HOTC returning to Hollywood gives an “AWIL returning to HHN 25” vibe. As in it’s basically for the people who attended for recently to see a...version of a formerly acclaimed maze.