Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well Universal will try to keep the two show concept though, so the best bet is that they'd probably have AOV outdoors while Beetlejuice gets the FF stage, which honestly would be better, they serve fans both things that they can decide to go to.

While I appreciate the talent of AOV I was not a fan of last year’s show. I just thought something was missing from HHN.

Having said that I would be really surprised if AOV isn’t back. There is only one slot. They had huge attendance numbers all through the event last year .... and it was very popular even if it wasn’t with some of the hard core / old school B&T crowd (me).

One thing that could be a factor is performer fatigue. I don’t know how well they are paid by Universal, but they have a gruelling two month schedule with a lot of shows. It may work really well for Universal, but does it work for AOV and their artists?

It seems unlikely Universal could put on a show with Equity performers by Labor Day--even one with a pre-existing script--without having announced auditions by now. We've seen zero audition announcements, and probably more importantly, heard no leaks from the gossipy Orlando theater community. While I'd love to see a second show and love to see BJ return even more, I just don't see it being a logistic possibility.

Regarding a announcement this week, I kinda' doubt it since we do have a mondo media blitz on the way with G.E. opening in DL. But as it's been mentioned, HHN is behind schedule so who knows what they might do.

I'd say keep expectations low, chances are we'll be getting something next week when regular tickets go on sale.

Bringing back to SZs real quick, people are saying that these are some of the weakest ideas since 2013...did those people forget that 2017 was a thing?

Beetlejuice would be awesome as a show, AOV would be fine too, but I’d like to see something different this year.

Reactions: Darko