Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 649 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, historically, means a rougher ride over time. Feel every bump in the road so to speak.
Which is fine, so long as they don't compromise the speed of the ride. All anyone I know who could be considered general public has mentioned to me in conversation is that they're expecting nothing more than Slinky Dog. I've been talking a big game in terms of this ride's intensity from the beginning, it would suck if they have to slow it down even a single MPH.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Not necessarily. Bad wheels are easily fixed by replacing the wheels completely which happens quite regularly.

Harder wheels translate imperfections in the track to the chassis of the vehicle more than softer tires. While replacing wheels is a part of the regular maintenance of a coaster, bad wheels were not what was mentioned as a problem.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Andysol
I'm pretty sure the wheel selection thing has happened a bunch of times on Intamin coasters. Always seems that they need to beef up. Probably a win for most people if the intensity is enough to warrant it.

Keep in mind that maintenance regularly switches wheel materials on all of your favorite outdoor roller coasters (typically between polyurethane and nylon) depending on season. During SheiKra’s test and adjust they went through nearly 50 different variations of the water scoop before they ended up with the one they use today. Test and adjust is critical part of turning concepts into reality.

You're quite right but my first thought was back to Cedar Point taking the heartline twist out of Intamin because it was too intense.

I know but this issue didn’t cause issues with the riders like that, just the train (from what I understand). Intamin has a history of this sort of thing and I don’t think Universal is going to let it get to them.

Reactions: SkiBum and Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.