Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought a few months ago WDWNT reported that as part of the communicore re-do they were adding a new direct path to Living Seas with an interactive underwater themed area. To help create an extra pathway directly to that part of the park. (Along with another direct path to Guardians on the opposite side.)

Seems strange to have a new water themed path to a Pavilion that’s coming down in a couple years anyway.

On an unrelated note, the guy at the popcorn cart told me they’re gutting spaceship earth and turning it into a parking garage.

In all sincerity, i could see these pavilions being overhauled, but demolished? That would require FAR too much work to be worth it

Reactions: HPFred
Unless we find out what would replace it that doesn’t make sense at all.
I can see why they would want to get rid of Seas and even Martin has talked about it, but The Land doesn't make much sense. Seas is probably a huge money pit with the giant ass aquarium and the maintenance that must all be involved in something like that.

Either way, unless they are planning on creating actual lands around Future World, then it makes no sense and even if that's what they want it's stupid. But He did say 2024-26 - WDI plans things in EARLY blue sky for that far out, but nothing concrete.

In all sincerity, i could see these pavilions being overhauled, but demolished? That would require FAR too much work to be worth it

Counter-argument (knowing zero insider details and having doubts Mouse would pay for this): if you're going to overhaul these pavilions, probably easier to start fresh than try to maintain and work around structures that were built in the late 70s and have stood in Florida heat and humidity ever since. The usual reasons for leaving one wall standing--zoning exemptions and the like--just don't apply when you run your own government.

Rumors going around that Disney is purposely leaking fake rumors that will find their way to WDW News to build a case against them(WDW News) so they can trespass WDW News from the parks.....Interesting if true. ...Worth watching how this plays out.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
Rumors going around that Disney is purposely leaking fake rumors that will find their way to WDW News to build a case against them(WDW News) so they can trespass WDW News from the parks.....Interesting if true. ...Worth watching how this plays out.
Plugging leaks has become mildly serious for a while now. I’ve even slowed what I share to protect people who are very sure of themselves, yet contradict someone else that is very sure, both with similar email proof.
NDA’s are everywhere these days, and I cannot advise enough people to be careful.

Plugging leaks has become mildly serious for a while now. I’ve even slowed what I share to protect people who are very sure of themselves, yet contradict someone else that is very sure, both with similar email proof.
NDA’s are everywhere these days, and I cannot advise enough people to be careful.
And....you and Marni are the only Disney sources I trust for information....and....The rumor for Disney going after Corliss comes from another very prominent insider, so I would think there's credence to it....That said, I'm always skeptical of the internet sites that are prominent with clickbait....Once again, thanks for your input.:thumbsup: Glad you're posting on IU now, since I only check on Magic every now and then. I really only go on Magic to read what you and Marni have to say.

Well as with any rumor, especially one as crazy as this, a big grain of salt is needed.

Now when it comes to how many rumors one has reported right or wrong, I'm not one to dismiss someone over that since after all, -any- rumor should be taken with a grain of salt regardless.

However...

And I guarantee he knows a lot of the rumors he puts out are crap and what might be real. He wants clicks first and foremost.

...I will dismiss someone if it's clear they're in it for cheap clicks no matter the outcome. Never cared for that kind of clickbait, especially if they're also going to lengths with things that are a nuisance to the park and it's CM's. An to be blunt, clicks are all they have, since they're never getting a media pass for leaking things with their name plastered all over it.

Well as with any rumor, especially one as crazy as this, a big grain of salt is needed.

Now when it comes to how many rumors one has reported right or wrong, I'm not one to dismiss someone over that since after all, -any- rumor should be taken with a grain of salt regardless.

However...

...I will dismiss someone if it's clear they're in it for cheap clicks no matter the outcome. Never cared for that kind of clickbait, especially if they're also going to lengths with things that are a nuisance to the park and it's CM's. An to be blunt, clicks are all they have, since they're never getting a media pass for leaking things with their name plastered all over it.
Except Tom has a media pass, no? I know they used to at the very least.