Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 311 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean they have the rights to Nintendo I wish they could do evil versions of Nintendo characters like a demented Mario and Luigi or a possessed Peach and Daisy for Anarch-ade, but I feel like Nintendo wouldn’t want them to do that to their characters. Plus I feel like they won’t start Nintendo themed stuff unless it’s for the new park.

And if much like myself you’re not a Rob Zombie fan then...
54luAmn.gif

At this point I’m hoping they’ll spare the rest of us & keep his music contained to that SZ & house.

100% agree.. cannot STAND Rob Zombie. We went through the house in Hollywood a few years ago, and we hated it. It was just a gore house. I know, I know.. plenty of people liked it and like him. That's fine. I'll just skip it.

Beetlejuice show would be fantastic! Not a fan of AOV really.. need something besides them every year - especially with no Bill & Ted.

Still hoping that one day an HHN only Horror Make-Up Show will happen.. I've mentioned this already, but since we are talking shows, I'm putting this out to the universe again.

Viking scarezone? I don't get it..

Zombieland is one of my fave movies of all time - but agree with others here.. how is this just not another zombie scarezone?

Pumpkins in the trees again will make me happy regardless of what the other scarezones are. I'll take that, please

If Anarch-ade is an arcade zone (which is looking more likely), it’s either going to feature original send-ups of video game characters (similar to Chucky last year), or characters from all the houses (like Harvest).

It won’t feature characters from actual video games.
Harvest last year didn’t have any characters from houses just sets to show off the IPs with Original characters.

100% agree.. cannot STAND Rob Zombie. We went through the house in Hollywood a few years ago, and we hated it. It was just a gore house. I know, I know.. plenty of people liked it and like him. That's fine. I'll just skip it.

To get myself looking forward to it I tried very recently to rewatch House Of 1,000 Corpses and I think I got about half way through before I turned it off. The protagonists were obnoxious, the family was just as unbearable to watch/listen to, basically I just couldn’t get into it. Will most likely be skipping the house and possibly attempting to avoid the zone.

That said I am still happy for his fans though as this might go down as their favorite year.

Reactions: hunnylvr
I found this in hnn
"So IF Zombieland is coming I think itll be a lot more similar to Psychoscarepy Unleashed than the Walking Dead and I think that's exactly why it's being used.

- Scares that can be aggressive instead of lumbering

- Rock n Roll soundtrack

- Fun setpieces

- Unique characters and interactions

If its going to be utilized how I think it will my only question will be how will they top it at HHN 30"

I mean they have the rights to Nintendo I wish they could do evil versions of Nintendo characters like a demented Mario and Luigi or a possessed Peach and Daisy for Anarch-ade, but I feel like Nintendo wouldn’t want them to do that to their characters. Plus I feel like they won’t start Nintendo themed stuff unless it’s for the new park.

No way Legal lets them risk biting the Nintendo hand that they plan to let feed them.

Rewatched zombieland, and trust me guys, this will make such a good zone. here's what i'll expect

Characters
  • Columbus (will probably be up on a rooftop shooting zombies with his double barred shotgun, or probably just on the ground)
  • Tallahassee (will wield a guitar, but i'l love if they had him with a face shield and wielding 2 chainsaws)
  • Wichita (carries a machete)
  • Generic civilian zombies
  • "Dead" zombies (zombies that'll play dead, and once a guest gets to close...)
  • Zombie 406
  • Clown zombie
  • Bill Murray (basically fakes being a zombie, and immediately laugh once you get scared)
  • Fat Zombies
  • Kid zombies (sorta like schitte's kids)
  • Bride zombie

Props
  • Flipped over limousine with american flag on the bottom
  • Body out through a cars windshield (Rule 4# seatbelts)
  • Columbus's luggage
  • Car with "3" printed on the side
  • Hostess truck filled with snow balls
  • A car with dismembered hands holding the wheel and a baggage of weapons in the back
  • A hidden Twinkie
  • (maybe have a downsized version of the drop tower ride, but very unlikely.)
Other
  • i'll love this idea that they have stages like icons where they'll show the zombie kill of the week.

Rewatched zombieland, and trust me guys, this will make such a good zone. here's what i'll expect

Characters
  • Columbus (will probably be up on a rooftop shooting zombies with his double barred shotgun, or probably just on the ground)
  • Tallahassee (will wield a guitar, but i'l love if they had him with a face shield and wielding 2 chainsaws)
  • Wichita (carries a machete)
  • Generic civilian zombies
  • "Dead" zombies (zombies that'll play dead, and once a guest gets to close...)
  • Zombie 406
  • Clown zombie
  • Bill Murray (basically fakes being a zombie, and immediately laugh once you get scared)
  • Fat Zombies
  • Kid zombies (sorta like schitte's kids)
  • Bride zombie

Props
  • Flipped over limousine with american flag on the bottom
  • Body out through a cars windshield (Rule 4# seatbelts)
  • Columbus's luggage
  • Car with "3" printed on the side
  • Hostess truck filled with snow balls
  • A car with dismembered hands holding the wheel and a baggage of weapons in the back
  • A hidden Twinkie
  • (maybe have a downsized version of the drop tower ride, but very unlikely.)
Other
  • i'll love this idea that they have stages like icons where they'll show the zombie kill of the week.
Ahhhh... double tap rule, never forget. Projections of the rules would be nice when civillians are getting killed for not following the rules.

I found this in hnn
"So IF Zombieland is coming I think itll be a lot more similar to Psychoscarepy Unleashed than the Walking Dead"

This makes me feel a little more hopeful. I never saw Zombieland but honestly I judged the SZ based on the idea that it's going to just be the typical zombie zone, which was so overdone with TWD. I absolutely loved Pyschoscarepy, so if it's going to be more like that, I regress on my opinion. I just don't want to have another zone with a bunch of zombies running around. With TWD and even the vamp zones, the idea is kinda old news.

My opinion still stands that the SZ's this year seem weak, but looking back at what HHN did with Chucky last year (which, I specifically remembering feeling like it was a weak idea), I have hope. We'll see! (Plastic surgery still sounds dumb AF to me :p)

Considering what's been said on other forums...I don't think Vikings are down with pumpkins in trees.
I'm thinking instead of pumpkins in the trees we'll see lanterns or something

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kadath
If the zone’s story is a viking siege, I doubt there will be anything in the trees. If they’re going a more mythological route (and we’re walking through Ragnarok), they may put lanterns in the trees.

That said, I half expect a viking ship as a massive set piece where last year’s church was and hope they have a blood eagle somewhere.

If the zone’s story is a viking siege, I doubt there will be anything in the trees. If they’re going a more mythological route (and we’re walking through Ragnarok), they may put lanterns in the trees.

That said, I half expect a viking ship as a massive set piece where last year’s church was and hope they have a blood eagle somewhere.

If it's a full size ship like Dead Waters (not Dead Man's Wharf)... oh boy!