Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 651 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only an issue because fanatics aren't getting the softs that they have been waiting for. June 13th is right around the corner. I'll be there bright and early. Hopefully all is well by then.

Reactions: FatalBubbles
I'm pretty sure the wheel selection thing has happened a bunch of times on Intamin coasters. Always seems that they need to beef up. Probably a win for most people if the intensity is enough to warrant it.

Heat is the enemey. Not an issue at Gringotts because it's indoors. But a coaster like Rockit needs to run Summer and Winter variations of tires.

Just catching up. Sounds like a standard Intamin issue. Two weeks til opening so they are for sure down to the wire here.

Intamin is rubbish, and if there was better options they'd use them. But they're cheap bidders in a small marketplace. However with all of the issues they've had recently, it's going to be interesting to see what (if any) work they get on the new project. Stuff like this gets the press because the ride isn't open yet... We don't hear about the other issues that continue to pop up years later from poor modeling and design.

Reactions: Magic Feather
Ya'll are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one. It's very clear some of you are new to the whole roller coaster construction thing, which is totally cool, just know that this kind of stuff is really common... and it's not just an Intamin issue lol.

^Intamin has built some of the most expensive roller coasters on earth. Parks use them because they'll do the stuff other manufacturers wont.

I know intamin is moving over to the jurassic coaster after this one opens...but how soon after that would there be any construction for the new park? Those speculation threads are going to be on fire once vertical construction begins

Ya'll are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this one. It's very clear some of you are new to the whole roller coaster construction thing, which is totally cool, just know that this kind of stuff is really common... and it's not just an Intamin issue lol.

^Intamin has built some of the most expensive roller coasters on earth. Parks use them because they'll do the stuff other manufacturers wont.
CASH FLOW. When you spend so much money on an investment and it breaks half of your season you could be out millions which will destroy a multi year park plan for a moderate sized park. When you got 25 million to chose between a game changing Intamin with unknown reliability and a B&M hyper that is going to run like a champion as the best ride in your park from day one you are going to chose the B&M. Choosing the Intamin for universal would be a luxury with built in longer lead times for delivery because they can afford to do so. Intamin or anyone else would take this project seriously.

Parks used to use them. They got tired of the lawsuits from injured guests and downtime.

I think the word that made me pause wasn't issues but when it was stated it broke. Thats usually a big thing.... unless its a non-critical part (again, see Slinky Dog). A broken wheel would seem to be a somewhat serious issue.

Reactions: therock

These kind of issues happen more often in Intamins than other manufacturers jussayin. You are right tho, it’s NBD.

I would advise to cutdown on the condescension, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.