Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see how this is different than Potter selling wands in the names of other wizards?

I'm talking about the lightsaber attendant saying "Remember when Yoda, Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Asoka Tano, etc, etc got their lightsabers?" in his spiel. It's just awkward. The wand attendant doesn't do that.

Droid Depot also looks awesome.

Droid Depot looks like the best shop, and while expensive, I think the price point is pretty fair. Enough so I'm considering getting one.

I love Star Wars but do not consider myself a huge fan willing enough to drop $100+ on any piece of merchandise. I'll save that money for blue milk (if it's any good).

I will see next week so I really don't have an opinion yet, but I understand the discussion around move IP vs Batuu. I think in the spirit of Disney himself they took the bolt choice in creating something new. creatively I am sure it was more challenging then just taking something already imagined from the movies. Maybe they wanted the flexibility to change it over time without being stuck to the familiar or maybe they want their cake and eat it too with Black spire outpost but inserting familiarity with the Falcon and other familiar elements from the canon. I am excited to see it but not so much for smugglers run. It's telling that universal gets slammed for screen rides but Disney effectively built 2 new ones in they 3 billion $ land. (BuT RiSE Of THe ReSisTAncE Is Not A SCreeN Ride ---Yada yada ) Also they should have opened with RoTR.

So to personally ask, back in the day; WDWNT, Making Star Wars, or Micechat reported two films for the Falcon, although it seems that as of now; it's only relegated to one. The Cornellia sequence..what exactly happened with that? Are they purposefully waiting on when things die down, to add the second film in; or was that more of a fluke?

Reactions: HPFred and Alicia
Eh I wouldn't make that comparison. It's more as if Wizarding World opened with both FJ and Gringott's, and only one opened up.
When you said that it made me think of wizarding world as a whole, and nahh this aint that. Idk if Rotr will change that either.

Looking at the menu and not knowing their *exact* ingredients, I’d say the Bespin Fizz, Cliff Dweller and the Outer Rim are the only 3 that would need to be made individually. Those, likely not by coincidence are also the 3 most expensive drinks (with the exception being the Yub Nub in a souvenir mug).
Everything else you could batch make without much discernible difference. Hand made would be preferred, as always, but I certainly wouldn’t have expected it in this location considering the fact they’ll be slammed always. And considering it’s like only for 4-5 hours per batch (or way less), that should be adequate.
Also, note that no brands are mentioned; and that will have a much larger impact on the quality of the drink vs batch/handmade. As a liquor snob, that’s where my concern would be :)

Coming back around to this and a comment someone made before, I was at a brewery and saw they had craft cocktails on tap! Someone in here said the same thing and if this is the situation then I can see this working much better.

Reactions: Clive and Andysol
Haven't heard yet of how much movements the ride makes. From my understanding it sounds like Despicable Me type movements?

From what I've been gathering, the movement seems to be albeit sudden and jerked, depending on how the pilot's navigate the falcon (especially when it comes to those on horizontal controls).

Considering the Falcon's closer to a videogame in a way, I'd suspect over the next few months, if WDI/other parties need to, they'll patch things through to ensure that it's not as..sudden and jerked.

Reactions: HPFred
But USH only has 1 E-Ticket attraction. These comparisons make zero sense, you're acting as if Smuggler's Run doesn't even exist.

I'll wait until I actually ride Smuggler's Run, but for what I see now, it's an E-Ticket queue with a D-Ticket ride. No doubt it's a much better experience than Hippogriff, but point is that I'm disappointed that their main draw is not opening with the new land. Hopefully, we can all agree on that.

I'll wait until I actually ride Smuggler's Run, but for what I see now, it's an E-Ticket queue with a D-Ticket ride. No doubt it's a much better experience than Hippogriff, but point is that I'm disappointed that their main draw is not opening with the new land. Hopefully, we can all agree on that.

..I have a lot of opinions about comparing this, towards a Mack YoungSTAR.

__

Meanwhile as I didn't see people mention, they had stunt performers last night.