Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

No, I'm comparing this to a primary and secondary attraction.

Even though in a way, the attraction itself that Disney has somewhat made, is much more advanced and sophisticated than that of a family roller coaster (that to be technical, wasn't even an original Mack design to begin with)?

Both Falcon and Resistance are massive undertakings on technical levels. And while Falcon is the smaller end of the stick, it's not something that can be easily dodged. @Ryan puts it in a great way, Falcon and Resistance are starring in the same endeavor; even if Resistance is needing more time in the parlor room.

Smuggler's Run isn't secondary, it's basically co-starring. While I think RotR is probably going to be the better attraction, I definitely don't see Smuggler's Run as the small fry offering.

Co-starring where the main lead doesn't appear until the second half of the film? To each his own, I guess.

And MiceChat has a not-so-great review of Smuggler's Run.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run Review

I never judge a ride without actually riding it. So this isn't a comment on Smuggler's Run itself. That said ... imagine that pilot was someone's 8 y.o. special snowflake. Mama Bear gonna tear Guest Services a new one. I hope CMs will at least have some situational awareness, but can you guarantee the same for the neckbearded fans riding with the kid?

Videos are cool, but all but bar could be Metropolis (Lang, not Superman) as easily as Star Wars. And making the bar the Cantina in everything but name is just an odd choice.

....do you know what the meaning of "co-starring" is?

Ok, Ryan. I didn't intend for things to end up this way. Initially, I was merely stating my disappointment that RotR isn't opening with the new land, just like I would be disappointed if FJ didn't open when Wizarding World opened. Don't like my analogy? Fine. Can we move on?

I never judge a ride without actually riding it. So this isn't a comment on Smuggler's Run itself. That said ... imagine that pilot was someone's 8 y.o. special snowflake. Mama Bear gonna tear Guest Services a new one. I hope CMs will at least have some situational awareness, but can you guarantee the same for the neckbearded fans riding with the kid?

Videos are cool, but all but bar could be Metropolis (Lang, not Superman) as easily as Star Wars. And making the bar the Cantina in everything but name is just an odd choice.

I think kids will take it in stride, but adults who've paid a ton of money plus the stress of it all might get a little snippy.

The Smuggler's Run vs Rise of The Resistance debate is interesting because I think it really depends on the Audience, if you are a hardcore theme park fan who has been tracking the development of Galaxy's Edge closely then I think you are far more excited about Resistance but everyone else? Look out the conversations when Disney first announced they were building a Star Wars land though every announcement and piece of marketing and it's no contest Smuggler's Run is the star, which makes sense it's the easy to understand dream come true "We are building The Millennium Falcon and you are going to be able to walk into it and fly it" compared to "Something abut being on a Star Destroyer, you might see an AT-AT".

Now again I am personally more excited for Rise of The Resistance and think it's entirely possible that long term it becomes the star attraction but I have no doubt that Disney would be facing a much bigger backlash if which ride was delayed was switched.

A few things:

I can understand the debate regarding the difference to walking around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter vs Galaxy's Edge. In the Wizarding World you can get a wand at Olivander's, you can get food at the Three Broomsticks, drink a butterbeer and see Hogwarts in person. In Galaxy's Edge you can build a droid at the droid depot? Build at light saber at Savi's Workshop? Get food at Docking Bay 7? There's an obvious connection to all the things you can do in the World of Harry Potter and the same can't be said for Black Spire Outpost, so I can understand why some people might see a disconnect but it's not that big of a deal to me since I'm not a die hard Star Wars fan.

It's going to be dam near impossible to have characters walking around the land and actually interacting with people due to the incredible amount of guests in the land. I'm thinking maybe have a couple storm troopers walking around.

Creating a Cantina that small is a complete failure and somebody should be fired in my opinion. Don't care if an expansion is planned down the road. Having people waiting around for HOURS to go pay for an overpriced drink is ridiculous.

Hearing the mixed reviews about Smuggler's Run is unfortunate, but what were people expecting? To actually fly the Millennium Falcon?! I think they did the best they could with the technology they had.

I don't think the land can be fully judged until Rise of the Resistance opens up because it seems like that will be the better of the two attractions in the land.