Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Watched all the videos I could. I think the only “dud” to me is the light saber experience. For that price I’d expect a coupon for s free round of drinks at the cantina afterward. Wonder how busy it will be. I think the price will drive away many.

The creature shop and droid shop will be very popular I’m assuming. Overall I think they knocked the merchandise out of the park. Definitely some things I’d consider buying.
Drinks? For that price I expect a R&T

Ok the Droid depot looks awesome. I'm never one to care or buy into merch stuff at the parks but this just looks like too much fun.

Bottom line 14 1/2 acres vs. 14 1/2 acres....most of those visualizations are theme park propaganda playing games with what they refer to.:lol: Heh, I think the GESWL are going to be awesome. I just don't buy the storyline that tries to depict them as such huge lands, over and above everything else. . Sure, they're big. But there's lands at various Disney resorts that are larger, and have more in the way of attractions/shows/entertainment. Heck, take away the berm & trees from GESWL and the little land of Suess Landing, is pretty close to that.

Big doesn't always mean efficient, either. I'm still trying to get to Disneyland in September and to see this land and ride(s). However, my impression from afar is that a third ride would have anchored the land a lot more, similar to Pandora. Not just a spinner, either. I agree with the observations about no music and would also suggest that land could use some water features. Maybe it's supposed to be an arid outpost but still... Also, noises like ships taking off and other ambient noises. However, I'll let my trip in September (hopefully) support or throw out my observations.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm more intrigued by reactions over the next week. All the reviews of the land, so far, have come from tightly controlled access. The pictures show a (fairly) empty land. There's no throngs of people restricting access to anything.

That changes today. Once the crush of people hits, is it going to be as enjoyable?

I'm more intrigued by reactions over the next week. All the reviews of the land, so far, have come from tightly controlled access. The pictures show a (fairly) empty land. There's no throngs of people restricting access to anything.

That changes today. Once the crush of people hits, is it going to be as enjoyable?
Good points. Even though the land has a lot of foot traffic space, there really isn't a whole lot of stores, store sq. footage, eating and or drinking areas, and little in the way of entertainment shows. So it could be uncomfortable in the areas of the land that do have something.....One saving grace may be that the number of reservations is small enough to not overly crowd the land. The real test may be when this reservation period ends, and the masses descend fairly unrestricted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legacy
Wow it's almost like they're different characters from different trilogies or something. Perhaps that's what they were going for?

Yeah, They are in completely different trilogies... And one of them is one of the most popular and universally recognizable pop culture villains of all time.

The other... Just isn't.

Reactions: fryoj and JunoSynth
I think seeing this land full of happy kids (and adults) running around with lightsabers, droids and wearing costumes will bring this place alive.

Like most Disney attractions over the past 10 years I very much expect Disney to keep adding things to this land. I'd say they will need to add more food locations, probably carts, in the immediate future, and they really need to up the music and atmosphere.

One final point, I really thought we would get the bread from Force awakens on the menu, wonder why it isn't?
latest

Last edited:
I think seeing this land full of happy kids (and adults) running around with lightsabers, droids and wearing costumes will bring this place alive.

Like most Disney attractions over the past 10 years I very much expect Disney to keep adding things to this land. I'd say they will need to add more food locations, probably carts, in the immediate future, and they really need to up the music and atmosphere.

One final point, I really thought we would get the bread from Force awakens on the menu, wonder why it isn't?
latest

Probably was too hard to replicate the expanding effect at a price point that worked and tasted good enough for people to buy. It's also possible that it was part of the cancelled sit down restaurant. I'm sure it would be a process to make work, so a sit down environment might have been necessary.

Probably was too hard to replicate the expanding effect at a price point that worked and tasted good enough for people to buy. It's also possible that it was part of the cancelled sit down restaurant. I'm sure it would be a process to make work, so a sit down environment might have been necessary.

Agreed. Wasn't actually thinking about having it do the expanding thing although that would be cool. Just having bread that looked like it on the menu. Not nit picking, just seems like a miss.

Last edited:
Reactions: rastuso
Everything seems to be running perfectly this morning. Check in, guest access, crowds, and all are manageable and smooth. Props to Disney for handling it all well.

Based on some anecdotal info it seems DLR will be soft till general access opens in June at which point the park will be SLAMMED.

Everything seems to be running perfectly this morning. Check in, guest access, crowds, and all are manageable and smooth. Props to Disney for handling it all well.

Based on some anecdotal info it seems DLR will be soft till general access opens in June at which point the park will be SLAMMED.

Yep. I expect the official public opening will be more reminiscent of when Wizarding World opened. “Softs” done... people who went with reservation will want to go back, and then add in everyone else...

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Yeah, They are in completely different trilogies... And one of them is one of the most popular and universally recognizable pop culture villains of all time.

The other... Just isn't.

This is just your opinion. Obviously Darth Vader is an icon of my time (I’m old) but my daughter (under 10) actually thinks Kylo is “scarier”.
It’s all subjective.
They have had an OG trilogy ride for 30 years. Maybe open your heart to something new...for once?

Reactions: HPFred
So people want interactivity and complain when it’s not interactive enough..and then they complain the minimal interactivity makes their experience worse because they actually have to “interact” by pushing buttons.

Sadly a “pilot only” falcon experience could never exist due to capacity issues. So this is obviously the best Disney came up with, while trying to maintain the authenticity of the actual theming.

It’s a compromise , but it’s understandable.

Maybe another Star Tours ride would have made sense for people who just want to sit and stare at the screen?

So people want interactivity and complain when it’s not interactive enough..and then they complain the minimal interactivity makes their experience worse because they actually have to “interact” by pushing buttons.

Sadly a “pilot only” falcon experience could never exist due to capacity issues. So this is obviously the best Disney came up with, while trying to maintain the authenticity of the actual theming.

It’s a compromise , but it’s understandable.

Maybe another Star Tours ride would have made sense for people who just want to sit and stare at the screen?

If you’re talking about Lens comments it sounds like there are significant fundamental flaws beyond “interactivity”.