Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 655 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I try to go during ‘slower’ times and HP brings folks in, anyway, timing means a lot for FJ...evening adding Express changed a dynamic since Deluxe guest can visit when they want.

But DC ate a lot of folks so I do not feel it was as slow as some think just because waits stayed under 30 minutes.

To me, the craziness might start shifting to when the sun goes down, I assume every coaster fan would enjoy an evening run...then the castle shows...yet I bet most early afternoons (in the slow seasons) might be the best time to visit after this opens.

Does the park stay open late enough to even get night runs? When I lived there the park always closed around 7-8.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Does the park stay open late enough to even get night runs? When I lived there the park always closed around 7-8.
They've extended IOA closing hours considerably the last two years. Most of the time there;s enough darkness for the Hogwart's night shows. Example: Nearly every night (except for grad nights & a buyout) in May, IOA closed at 9:00 PM. As you said, it used to be 6, 7, & 8 most May evenings in past years.

350.png

We're so close it's good to look back....

bioreconstruct on Twitter

From such an ugly sight line then to absolutely beautiful & immersive with Hagrid. Good job UC. Now this fits the Potter immersion. DC always looked out of place in Hogsmeade. DC was made for a different time and a different stage of the park. Many loved the coaster, but it never was a visual fit for Potter.

Dear Universal. Consider doing evening EMH.

Sincerely,
Us
So reduced hours but an additional up charge event? -Disney

No need for a virtual line. This thing is a capacity monster.
I wouldn't day they need virtual line long term, but no matter what capacity is this is going to be slammed for at least a few months.

Volcano Bay is absolutely crushing the other parks in terms of guest satisfaction.
Yea now that the park isn't slammed constantly it's a better experience. There was no way crowds were going to be sustained they way they priced this after the price hike especially. Volcano bay is so expensive even on the 3 park ticket its pretty much cheaper to take the family to any of the other now 3 other resorts with water parks so that keeps crowds down. This park when crushed esp if express is running on top of tapu tapu is an absolute nightmare. No major water park has ride capacity to make an express system viable.

A tapu tapu like ride reservation system is probably the way universal is going, but only when they have so many hotel rooms they can start to fill the parks on their own capacity alone. Like Disney they will start to discover that if they have a system where they can give resort guests an advantage in reserving rides, they can start limiting of shifting capacity favoring those guests in an effort to boost lengths of stay.

Reactions: HPFred
How many acres does this attraction take up? How many acres is Hogsmead now? It would’ve been cool if they would’ve added a forbidden forest trail. Think of it like animal kingdoms trails but the forbidden forest.
Scott Walker did a breakdown of the entirety of the Potter Hogsmeade IOA area a month or two ago. It came out as apx. 14.5 acres, about same as GESWL. Includes Village/FJ/Hippogriff/Hagrid/Train station & pathways/Potter area in front of HE entrance where the LC games used to be. It's posted somewhere on this Hagrid thread. Hagrid is apx. 61/2 to 7 acres if my memory serves correct.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Quick update:

There have been several issues as of late, but one larger one (that has not been discussed here) has reportedly been resolved.

As far as I know, the ride has not yet been handed over to operations. But, at least costumes are finally ready now. (Rumored to be like Fantasyland outfits with knee pads and utility belts added, if you can imagine that.)

I guess that leaves the minor train/capacity issues to resolve and testing to resume before TM previews will begin. And I have absolutely no idea for the timetable on that.

I’m still hearing the opening date is safe, and that the biggest issue they were having has been resolved, which is good news to me.

Quick update:

There have been several issues as of late, but one larger one (that has not been discussed here) has reportedly been resolved.

As far as I know, the ride has not yet been handed over to operations. But, at least costumes are finally ready now. (Rumored to be like Fantasyland outfits with knee pads and utility belts added, if you can imagine that.)

I guess that leaves the minor train/capacity issues to resolve and testing to resume before TM previews will begin. And I have absolutely no idea for the timetable on that.

I’m still hearing the opening date is safe, and that the biggest issue they were having has been resolved, which is good news to me.

Curious- the thing that *has* been mentioned here; did you ever hear of that issue? Or did you only hear about the larger one that no one else mentioned?

Thx for the updates Alicia.

Curious- the thing that *has* been mentioned here; did you ever hear of that issue? Or did you only hear about the larger one that no one else mentioned?

Thx for the updates Alicia.
I heard of several possible issues over the last week and a half or so. I wasn’t sure what was the worst until now. I’m just happy things are looking to be getting back on track now.

I take it the walls didn’t come down today.
Nope.

Based on the various things we have heard, do we think there wont be a soft opening period? Like the ride will just open on time and thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.