Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 319 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they want to get into the theme park business they are gonna have to deal with leaks. Disney has the same problem.

I mean TV/Movie also have the same problem. Someone in that medium should know this. Actors for movies leak all the time.
Here's the thing though - public theme park leaks, by and large, are choices made by individuals not associated with the parks themselves. I have discussed this information with five or six people over the past two months. No one leaked it until today.

Universal, for the last year, has leaked like a sieve. Like I told someone else who commented on the amount of GoT leaks there were: "Those are their leaks. These are ours."
I guess that explains the lack of GB logo on the speculation maps.
I asked them not to include it. A few sites also started removing mention of it because of this who situation.
I'm no longer that bummed out, but we never settled in GOT being in the event. Is HOTC the replacement IP? Was it a scarezone or a house? If it was a scarezone the Viking area seems to be the replacement. Why are the legal owners so picky, I understand legal issues like the Conjouring house representation and the Scream tv show being shoehorned into a house. But a leak that almost no one knew or believed seems to be an overreaction and a wasted opportunity to get publicity and revenue.
But no GOT means less crowds and all the merchandise will not be all focused on that IP and we still have the paranormal cosmonauts on the table : D
Agreed. It seems likely that we were going to get 6 IPs this year, but with the loss of GoT, Graveyard has replaced it.
This.

I guess I don't quite understand the problem with the IPs getting leaked. Would that not generate more buzz? Is the announcement surprise the most important thing?

It may generate buzz within our community & social media but it can also lead to employment loss or even lawsuits.

Not a mod or anything special I just wanna get a little general PSA in for all of us to remember now (and especially, going into 30) the moral of the story from @Legacy LEAKS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

It’s one thing to speculate, gossip, hint at, but it’s quite another to outright leak something. Think before you post. Behind the news, the chatter, the tea spills there are human beings. Breaking trust, to me, is disgusting enough but to potentially put other’s livelihoods at risk is downright awful. So unless you are the source and are 100% ready to face the consequences that leaking something can bring, please remember for every action there is reaction. And it may not be the reaction you’re hoping for.

H29vRvP.gif

It may generate buzz within our community & social media but it can also lead to employment loss or even lawsuits.

Not a mod or anything special I just wanna get a little general PSA in for all of us to remember now (and especially, going into 30) the moral of the story from @Legacy LEAKS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

It’s one thing to speculate, gossip, hint at, but it’s quite another to outright leak something. Think before you post. Behind the news, the chatter, the tea spills there are human beings. Breaking trust, to me, is disgusting enough but to potentially put other’s livelihoods at risk is downright awful. So unless you are the source and are 100% ready to face the consequences that leaking something can bring, please remember for every action there is reaction. And it may not be the reaction you’re hoping for.

H29vRvP.gif

This is good life advice, beyond theme parks and HHN.

I cant' believe this is true... I can't imagine it got cancelled because of a leaky cauldron ... that doesn't make sense to me...

I'm going to double down a little here. Like isn't he name of the the game $$$? Like if Marvel was planning to make Black Panther 3 or Guardians of the Galaxy 4 and before an official announcement fans speculated and figured it they were coming would you be like... uhh you were right we are making these movies... #moneyplease! or would be like... "oh no!!! they figured it out... we have to cancel it now!"

I mean I could understand MAYBE if they were worried about details of the ending of the series emerging somehow before it aired, though I don't understand how and why any of that would need to be incorporated into the house or couldn't be revealed to the creative team until after the show aired.

I mean I get the like element of a great surprise, but if a few nerds (terms of endearment) on the internet are speculating that a Game of Thrones house is coming what's the big deal. In August just be like... "you were correct!!" Everyone could still make boat loads of money...

Last edited:
Wow, I'm disappointed. I'm not sure how good the house would have been, but GOT is unlike any property HHN has done. Maybe next year?

I'm gutted honestly. There's so much material that you could pull from for a GoT house (white walkers, sons of the harpy, red/purple wedding I could go on and on). Sometimes the HHN obsession can have it's downfalls. This and Scream will go down as the two biggest What Ifs for me personally, and most of the GP will never have even known they were coming in the first place.

It was definitely all because of "An interesting rumor is floating around in the underworld right now. I will keep you all updated but remember to not believe everything you hear.

I'm a bit skeptical of ghosts."

and not because of the hundreds of hints posted everywhere across all platforms by everyone else. C'mon you guys

Logging off.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
I cant' believe this is true... I can't imagine it got cancelled because of a leaky cauldron ... that doesn't make sense to me...

I'm going to double down a little here. Like isn't he name of the the game $$$? Like if Marvel was planning to make Black Panther 3 or Guardians of the Galaxy 4 and before an official announcement fans speculated and figured it they were coming would you be like... uhh you were right we are making these movies... #moneyplease! or would be like... "oh no!!! they figured it out... we have to cancel it now!"

I mean I could understand MAYBE if they were worried about details of the ending of the series emerging somehow before it aired, though I don't understand how and why any of that would need to be incorporated into the house or couldn't be revealed to the creative team until after the show aired.

I mean I get the like element of a great surprise, but if a few nerds (terms of endearment) on the internet are speculating that a Game of Thrones house is coming what's the big deal. In August just be like... "you were correct!!" Everyone could still make boat loads of money...
HBO's financial gain in selling the rights is far lesser in Universal's gain in purchasing them. A lot of times, control is more important than money. If a rights holder thinks they can lose control of something (especially their media narrative), they far more protective of it and money becomes less important. From HBO's perspective, they don't need to license out the property to someone (arguably, a competitor in Comcast), when they don't trust the process.
It was definitely all because of "An interesting rumor is floating around in the underworld right now. I will keep you all updated but remember to not believe everything you hear.

I'm a bit skeptical of ghosts."

and not because of the hundreds of hints posted everywhere across all platforms by everyone else. C'mon you guys

Logging off.
It's a situation where, frankly, presentation and timing matters. Far be it from me to naysay rumors and implications, you're the one who made it obvious. People figured out the IP you were referencing extremely quickly, and no effort was made to put the genie back in the bottle once it was out.

People hate the ambiguity of how I present stuff, but that is by design. Even when people guess correctly, I'll imply they're wrong just to muddy the waters.

Articles came out based on your implication. Your implication is what made it "public," even though it had been in the discussed in secret for a couple of weeks by that point.

This could lead to the theme park land a lot of people want. I know HBO/GRRM didn’t want the show to end so they probably want to branch out.

So I’m confused was game of thrones ever completely leaked to be a house or just because there was a few people like me that mentioned it had potential to be a house. None the less this is honestly heart breaking! First we get a awful final season and now no house!

Reactions: jrn14
So I’m confused was game of thrones ever completely leaked to be a house or just because there was a few people like me that mentioned it had potential to be a house. None the less this is honestly heart breaking! First we get a awful final season and now no house!

GoT was never “leaked” up until the story that was disclosed today. But it was already gone.