Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
McD's in a Disney park is like putting a White Castle in the lobby of the Four Seasons.

I have to respectfully disagree on that, since I remember when Foamers/Pixie-Dusters were claiming that putting Starbucks in the parks were the equivalent of them putting in a roller coaster or WalMart on Main Street. But the SB's were pretty tastefully done in design so they're not glaringly standing out, you could do the same with a McD's.

An in the case of TSL, this is a unique case where you could make something stand out and it would still work in context. This is one of the few times where you could make it look like a Happy Meal and it would fit.

After all, it sure hasn't stopped them from doing that in places where it -doesn't- fit. Looking at you Poultry Palace in Pixar Pier.

I have to respectfully disagree on that, since I remember when Foamers/Pixie-Dusters were claiming that putting Starbucks in the parks were the equivalent of them putting in a roller coaster or WalMart on Main Street. But the SB's were pretty tastefully done in design so they're not glaringly standing out, you could do the same with a McD's.

An in the case of TSL, this is a unique case where you could make something stand out and it would still work in context. This is one of the few times where you could make it look like a Happy Meal and it would fit.

After all, it sure hasn't stopped them from doing that in places where it -doesn't- fit. Looking at you Poultry Palace in Pixar Pier.

Well, one reason Disney wouldn't do it is that the food quality would be better than their normal quick-serves (only mildly joking here). Al's Toy Barn has him dressed up like a chicken. They could put Chik-Fil-A in (even though it isn't open on Sunday) and then we'd as long a line for food as for SW:GE.

McD’s = basic burgers, chicken and fries w/familiar taste to the average guest.

WDW = basic burgers, chicken and fries, but without the familiar taste.

It’s honestly not that much better, especially when you consider what you pay at WDW for a family of 4.

Random fact: in the late 90s/early 00s, McDonalds came in to WDW to study how they turned out fast food so quickly. It's essentially the same stuff. If Mickey Ds could do it cheaper (tho still probably at a premium over the real world), I'm sure tourists would love it.

McDonalds practically build Dinoland USA. Disney dumped them in the middle of the Super Size Me and healthy food push. It's sort of nuts how history is cyclical with this.
Fun fact: Disney and McDonald’s helped pay for the original Sue the Trex skeleton fossil for the Field Museum. That’s why McDonald’s ended up sponsoring DinoLand, and why one of only a few recreations of Sue lives there.

Funny I wasn't expecting Disney to make a HHN29 announcement!
Throw in the SpectroMagic guys and you have a GOAT ScareZone.

0100103_thumb1.jpg

Reactions: tielo
In defense of Miss Peep... in person, her head is kind of gorgeous, and she’ll look less dead behind the eyes when we see her in action. It was the same with Fancy Nancy.

Now, my issues.. her head is super glossy. And her body is remarkably matte. There’s a total disconnect that not only looks... not good, but it absolutely helps make her face look as mask-like as it does. And I’m afraid she’s going to look so weird next to Woody. He’ll just look more beat up and misproportioned than he already does.

With all that said, let’s be grateful for the marked improvement over the truly nightmarish Bo Peeps we had before.