Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 592 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well something certainly has to be added to the IOA in 2020 it won’t be an off year for them.

I mean, they didn't add anything to IOA in 2017, and things were still fine for them Edit: (although in that case, USF was opening Fallon, CB was getting an expansion, and Volcano Bay was opening).

This year brings Potter and Surfside as the two major notes, and that next year, Bourne and Dockside should be the two major editions.

If 2021 brings the River Adventure revamp alongside the new coaster, that's two major projects already in the bay for IOA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dhdhddh
Picked the wrong week to take my WDW vacation. Been using a ton of sunscreen. But yea, this is just the beginning of the season, and it’s the surface of the sun ‘round here.
We kept saying we took the right 10 days to vacation. It was hot but not humid and unbearable.Seemed like it rained a lot right before we arrived. First vacation we experienced "Sunny Florida". I always thought that was pure propaganda until this year. Just a few clouds in the sky while we were there. The day we left (Sunday) the extreme heat came, and has stayed. The only unbearable heat on the vacation was when we were in scorched JP.

They are not going to run a coaster train under that bridge. No way.
Yup, very little clearance, plus at 70 mph or so, it will rattle the bridge every single time the train passes under.

The heat index has been around 106° all week. And Summer hasn't even started.
Ironically "Summer" probably won't be this bad though. Orlando is in a drought right now. Once it starts raining again, it'll help cool things off mid-day.

Last edited:
Any takes on what the train will look like?
Like this, but with some raptor styling(insert Chris Pratt "that thing's part raptor" here):
taron_16-790x350.jpg

Maybe the eight voyage of sinbad show will be replaced next year.

Could be! UC has kept a good lid on things prior to bidding and I know they want to do better shows.

That’d be an interesting 1, 2 punch. Two shows in the same year, one at each park, could be a huge marketing ploy. “We’re not just world class rides, we have world class shows also”.

Status
Not open for further replies.