Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I spoke with DL security on opening day about the low crowds. They said a lot of people who booked time slots without tickets aren't showing up. For example, one time slot on the first day had 1,100 bookings and around 450 actually showed up for it.

Any chance of Disney opening up additional reservations?

Reactions: HPFred and marip123
Why'd you cut off Hogwarts and Hagrids? Do you not like them?
I didn't. It's from Attractions Magazine.

They were trying to capture the overall scale of the guest walkable areas (excluding all of the show buildings). There's a few problems with it. Hogsmeade includes the C-ticket coaster. Star Wars includes too much of the foliage. Diagon Alley includes London, but excludes Kings Cross. Also, many of the buildings included aren't actually guest accessible. A lot of the Docking Bay 7 and Leaky Cauldron buildings are their respective kitchens.

Here's a cool pic leaked from reddit. A behind-the-scenes look at one of the 25+ Millennium Falcon cockpits.
GC0bzQd.jpg

I spoke with DL security on opening day about the low crowds. They said a lot of people who booked time slots without tickets aren't showing up. For example, one time slot on the first day had 1,100 bookings and around 450 actually showed up for it.
That’s probably due to just needing a Disney account to book a reservation and no proof of an annual pass or ticket purchase. I know of a few who booked reservations just for the fun of it but weren’t actually going to use them.

I didn't. It's from Attractions Magazine.

Here's a cool pic leaked from reddit. A behind-the-scenes look at one of the 25+ Millennium Falcon cockpits.
GC0bzQd.jpg
I guess I was expecting it to look more like a supercharged FJ, but makes sense given the cockpit detail. I can also see how early reports have said its less movement since it truly does look like a mini star tours at least motion base wise.

Reactions: alias8703
Any word on how the TIE Echelon show is?
So, these emoij's :spit: :puke:basically sums up Seth's Blue/Green Milk review....I don't think Disney will be building many new attractions with the 'profits ?' from Blue/Green milk sales. ;):lol:
They will make a ton of profit off of Blue/Green milk just based on interest dating back to 1977. What Star Wars fan wouldn't want to try it? Now the quality is a different story. That will affect repeat purchases. But let's not act like Disney is gonna be hurting from lack of sales.

Reactions: Alicia

This is why they should've done a standby no-guarantee line. At least test it with the capacity you're expected to bring. Not shocked ppl with reservations didn't show up, scalpers probably tried buying them, you weren't required to verify a ticket or AP beforehand and people just booked without knowing if they were going to show up or not.

Reactions: HPFred
I'm trying not to watch or see too much before I go, but the mixed reactions are interesting. FWIW I'm 100% on board with Batuu as an original location: SW suffers the same too-many-locations-to-actually-recreate thing as LOTR when people used to talk about that, and it seems to me like they've captured essence and atmosphere down to a tee without being bound to something restrictive.

I think maybe with this being the case, the land will be popular with people who are in to themed design / creative stuff as a category in itself more than with explicit Star Wars fans.

To me, it's the best of both worlds: something iconic and known but with very much its own identity. Isn't this the same kind of design originality people have been bemoaning the gradual loss of in the industry?

I think a lot of this has to do with timing and the fact that Batuu is not represented as an iconic place in the movie series. Let's face it.....Wizarding World came shortly after the HP film series ended and was fresh in everyone's minds. SWGE came 35-40 years after the beloved and iconic original Star Wars films. The core fans of HP were still in their teens and 20s when Wizarding World opened. The core fans of the original Star Wars films are in their 40s, 50s & 60s now.

But millennials and Gen Z grew up with a lot of highly lauded games and the prequels... And comics, and books.

The Phantom Menace came out only 2 years before the first potter flick...

It really isn't fair to say the Star wars fanbase is all comprised of 50 year olds. Its just not true.

Reactions: HPFred
While I still think they should have built Mos Eisley, I believe the land will be quite popular. But they are missing a lot of the nostalgia with the Sar Wars fans that they could have had. Everyone talks about the emotional punch seeing the Falcon gets from Star Wars fans, but the rest of the land doesn't really draw that reaction. Like the Cantina. The Cantina seems more popular with Disney fans because of R3X than with Star Wars fans. If they had built the Cantina from A New Hope complete with an AA Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes band, it would draw a reaction like the Falcon from the Star Wars fans and the Disney Fans would have loved the copious use of AAs.

I heard Dj Rex actually plays the “cantina song” on his set...so they still have that music, just not the band.

I think what the cantina is missing (and what the land is missing overall) is more aliens! In all the SW movies all the “cities/trading posts” are filled with creatures from all over the universe.

I really expected a lot more walk around aliens, and or droid, instead we just have walk around resistance/first order characters. Which is better then nothing, but it not enough.

I hope this changes in the future.

I heard Dj Rex actually plays the “cantina song” on his set...so they still have that music, just not the band.

I think what the cantina is missing (and what the land is missing overall) is more aliens! In all the SW movies all the “cities/trading posts” are filled with creatures from all over the universe.

I really expected a lot more walk around aliens, and or droid, instead we just have walk around resistance/first order characters. Which is better then nothing, but it not enough.

I hope this changes in the future.
This is why I hope the restaurant is built ASAP. Nobody needs to be melting in twenty pounds of prosthetics outside in the summer heat, but a Celestina type show where the dancers are Twilek’s and a Trandoshan bounty hunter wandering between the bar and the seats would do nicely.

With that said, I’m happy that they took the lesson from Diagon and sprinkled some animatronics throughout the land. Between Dok Ondar, the Creature Stall, the Dianoga, and Hondo, they’ve got more aliens than Pandora before Rise even opens. :bolt:

This is why I hope the restaurant is built ASAP. Nobody needs to be melting in twenty pounds of prosthetics outside in the summer heat, but a Celestina type show where the dancers are Twilek’s and a Trandoshan bounty hunter wandering between the bar and the seats would do nicely.

With that said, I’m happy that they took the lesson from Diagon and sprinkled some animatronics throughout the land. Between Dok Ondar, the Creature Stall, the Dianoga, and Hondo, they’ve got more aliens than Pandora before Rise even opens. :bolt:

It doesn’t even need to be that elaborate at first. They just need more actual citizens in order to sell it as a planet. Think of all those 501st costumes that are made mostly by amateurs. Disney could/should be able to create some creature costumes cheap and easily. Even if said creatures only appear on the above catwalks . Doesn’t Disney have a Star Wars parade in Orlando already? Where will all those people be? Not walking around Star Tours I hope...

And in the end this may be the “real” disadvantage of having Batuu be part of an actual timeline....it removes the possibility of a walk around Vader , Han Solo, or Boba Fett (?)

Reactions: Clive and youhow2
I low-key wanted to see that space diner as a sit down restaurant from Clone Wars. The internet would explode if there was an AA of Dex. Feel like that was a small missed opportunity.

But millennials and Gen Z grew up with a lot of highly lauded games and the prequels... And comics, and books.

The Phantom Menace came out only 2 years before the first potter flick...

It really isn't fair to say the Star wars fanbase is all comprised of 50 year olds. Its just not true.

I didn't say that.....but the largest group of "emotionally connected" t0 the original films are in fact in their 40s, 50s and 60s. That is not the case with Potter which was a film series released 20-30 years after the original Star Wars films.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think there are a lot of missed opportunities here, the biggest being that this was in the works for so long alongside the films. Why didn't they simply create the lands and one of the films simultaneously so they could have had a world on the big screen that matched what they were building? It's a missed opportunity for real "Synergy"...