Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's basically wild mass guessing and/or clout chasing?

giphy.gif

There's no way a soft-opening or AP preview isn't far behind...
B

So once soft openings start, how would entering the ride work? I've never done it before, so I could use some explanation if any.

I hope the incredible people at Creature Technology Company are building the new dinosaurs! Their work is amazing on Kong and would be perfect for Jurassic World!
T -Rex AA .jpg

Reactions: therock
I would assume you go under the sign, then after a small path there will be two smaller signs, one to the left for the ride, and one on the right for the play ground.
I was moreso referring to if they’d just be letting guests in without saying the ride’s officially open, or if they’d have a sign of some sort saying softs are going on. Again, never managed to catch soft openings before.

I hope the incredible people at Creature Technology Company are building the new dinosaurs! Their work is amazing on Kong and would be perfect for Jurassic World!
View attachment 9733
Their tech, and its smooth movements, is incredible - so I back this hope.

But for the love of god, they better not use that ungodly walking with dinosaurs live Rex that the JW exhibition uses. They outta make copies of the Stan Winston Studios original.

ytgVzh2.gif

I was moreso referring to if they’d just be letting guests in without saying the ride’s officially open, or if they’d have a sign of some sort saying softs are going on. Again, never managed to catch soft openings before.

It's very easy... generally, during softs, the ride is just open to the public like any other ride, but typically has a sign out from with a disclaimer saying that since it's essentially new, to expect: long periods of possible downtime, the ride may close at anytime, perhaps not all the effects working yet, etc. But aside from that, just go in and ride!

Reactions: BriefCasey
Since when did JPland become a reliable source? lol

Also, that guy is wrong.

I can't imagine anyone takes him seriously, right?

I really appreciate his construction updates but I mean in his newest video today he says the mosasaurus scene is right before the lift hill into the original show-building... so I mean... ya know...

Also since he mispronounces it every 10 seconds, it's pronounced MOW·suh·saw·ruhs, not MOSS-ah-saurus.

This is an image from behind the scenes of Jurassic World Live's T-rex, its on model from Stan Winston Studios. I believe this is the same company who is creating the animatronics for the new ride! As we all know theme parks love to create double of things. So if a T-rex is being made for the live tour, why not make two?
Jurassic-World-Live-Tour-Rex-Tease.jpg

Reactions: BriefCasey
This is an image from behind the scenes of Jurassic World Live's T-rex, its on model from Stan Winston Studios. I believe this is the same company who is creating the animatronics for the new ride! As we all know theme parks love to create double of things. So if a T-rex is being made for the live tour, why not make two?
View attachment 9734

Honestly, I kind-of wonder if it'd be more of a mixture of CreatureTech and Life Formations (with Life Formations handling Exterior AA's like the ones in the Stegosaurus Springs area and CreatureTech building AA's from scratch for the indoor portion).

Honestly, I kind-of wonder if it'd be more of a mixture of CreatureTech and Life Formations (with Life Formations handling Exterior AA's like the ones in the Stegosaurus Springs area and CreatureTech building AA's from scratch for the indoor portion).

Honestly, as long as the outdoor animatronics (whether or not they keep the old ones) get some updating and a little TLC, that would be perfect. It’s really sad seeing how run down the old figures got in the end, so I hope whoever ends up in charge of outdoor AAs does them good. LifeFormations has put out some pretty good work in the past so I think they’ll do it justice - that being said, I hope they take it seriously, cause they’re also responsible for stuff like what you see at Motiongate Dubai which is suuuper basic stuff animatronics work so I hope they go all out for this one

View attachment 9734

Don't want to be the resident JP history nerd, but the rex from the live show is made from the ILM files from the JW rex which are still very different from the original Stan Winston JP rex. We'll never see that version of the JP Rex again. Having said that, for JW the ride they have the ability to use the on brand rex files from ILM, so they better damn well use them,haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.