Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

Why is this build like Rock'n Rollercoaster, first the spaghetti-coaster than the box, and Guardians at Epcot they build first the box, than the spaghetti-coaster?
I think building the spaghetti-coaster first would be the easiest option.
It may be that they want the track configuration on Guardians to be kept a secret, whereas Tron is already a known entity. To me it seems like building the building first, then the coaster seems more logical. I would imagine if a roof beam dropped on the coaster track it would be a lot more expensive and time consuming to fix, but that's my logic on it...

It may be that they want the track configuration on Guardians to be kept a secret, whereas Tron is already a known entity. To me it seems like building the building first, then the coaster seems more logical. I would imagine if a roof beam dropped on the coaster track it would be a lot more expensive and time consuming to fix, but that's my logic on it...

Depending on clearances between the roof of the building and the higher track pieces or even just places where the track interacts more, it may be hard to use a crane to put the pieces in.

Why is this build like Rock'n Rollercoaster, first the spaghetti-coaster than the box, and Guardians at Epcot they build first the box, than the spaghetti-coaster?
I think building the spaghetti-coaster first would be the easiest option.
It could be that the track didn’t come in until a certain date for GotG, but bc of the enormity of the building, they had to start putting the building up before track.

Remember, Universal built Gringotts the exact same way. Box first, then track.

So . Is this the exact same layout as the coaster in Asia? Or are there differences?
Exact same.

The track that will sit inside the gravity building is almost entirely done already. That will still leave the coaster with it's outdoor portion of the ride to still be installed. The part of the ride will zoom over the main entrance and sit under the large LED canopy.

Quick note: I don't think the Gravity building should be that bad as far as being seen in the park when viewing from straight on (although the very top can be seen in Shanghai), however, with how clear you can see the track from Storybook Circus and the Peoplemover, it will certainly stick out from a few areas.

To remind everyone what the end result we're looking at is for the entryway and yet-to-be-installed-track, here's a picture. I wonder if we'll be getting the grey supports/track for the outdoor portion like Shanghai did to try and blend it with the canopy.
SDL-Tomorrowland-16.jpg

Photo today 31-May. New handrail at top?
From Peoplemover. No helicopter for me
Had to reduce file size to upload;

B6261E27-9EAB-4286-97BE-484E714C8507.png

It's certainly chugging along nicely with getting the track up, though I'll have to admit looking at the layout and rewatching POV's and some reviews...I think I'm gonna' have to temper my expectations on this one. I still think it's gonna' be a fun one, but also a bit short for my tastes. An personally for me, I'm fine with short coasters if they pack a real nice punch. But since it looks like this thing slows down at every block brake, I don't see that kind of punch happening.

It's certainly chugging along nicely with getting the track up, though I'll have to admit looking at the layout and rewatching POV's and some reviews...I think I'm gonna' have to temper my expectations on this one. I still think it's gonna' be a fun one, but also a bit short for my tastes. An personally for me, I'm fine with short coasters if they pack a real nice punch. But since it looks like this thing slows down at every block brake, I don't see that kind of punch happening.
Most people say the main thrill simply comes from the position you ride in.

I guess a question is what are your thoughts on RNRC? The rides have a similar ride length and speed.

I do like RnRC, though that one has a added kick with the inversions and it never felt like it really slowed down in the block sections.