Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is why they should've done a standby no-guarantee line. At least test it with the capacity you're expected to bring. Not shocked ppl with reservations didn't show up, scalpers probably tried buying them, you weren't required to verify a ticket or AP beforehand and people just booked without knowing if they were going to show up or not.
They aren't doing a standby line because if people know it was a thing they would have 100,000 people who didn't get reservations show up on the first day to try to get in. That's the whole point of having the reservation system.

Reactions: Rideguy70
They aren't doing a standby line because if people know it was a thing they would have 100,000 people who didn't get reservations show up on the first day to try to get in. That's the whole point of having the reservation system.

Conversely the rest of Disneyland is totally dead inside. Offering a line but being quiet about would work too.

Reactions: Ryan and rastuso
Seems unlikely because every time slot is sold out. They cannot predict who will show up and who won't.

Disney should have had people buy a ticket as part of getting a Star Wars reservation. Would have kept it to people who were sure about going.

And I think if similar crowds happen through next weekend, Disney would be okay opening up an additional 100 reservations per time slot or so. Not that they would, but the land should have the room to accommodate that. Especially if they want to test for larger crowds that will come during summer.

Reactions: HPFred
You really think word wouldn’t get out on social media instantly? The next day would be packed.

I've talked to a few people about anecdotal info and it sounds like guests who'd visit in June either visited earlier or delayed their visit to later in the summer. So I think this reservation period is going to be very quiet. Check out the off site hotel prices before June 23 and after June 23.

It doesn’t even need to be that elaborate at first. They just need more actual citizens in order to sell it as a planet. Think of all those 501st costumes that are made mostly by amateurs. Disney could/should be able to create some creature costumes cheap and easily. Even if said creatures only appear on the above catwalks . Doesn’t Disney have a Star Wars parade in Orlando already? Where will all those people be? Not walking around Star Tours I hope...

Vincent is out with a new, amazing video on SWGE!

Also:

WHAT?!?!

This video was fantastic. A breath of fresh air from all the ridiculous over sensitive and analytical criticism in the past 48 hours. The Falcon ride looks like so much fun. I can’t wait !

I've heard some reports that they are marking wristbands and limiting people to only one ride on SR. Is that true, and if so, does that include a Single Rider ride?

I've heard some reports that they are marking wristbands and limiting people to only one ride on SR. Is that true, and if so, does that include a Single Rider ride?

Theres mixed reports on it, last I heard they're limiting one queue entry in the first hour to give everyone a chance to ride. Then you can re-ride as many times after that first hour.

And in the end this may be the “real” disadvantage of having Batuu be part of an actual timeline....it removes the possibility of a walk around Vader , Han Solo, or Boba Fett (?)

I forgot that you’ll probably never see very popular characters like Vader and Darth Maul in the land... for now at least.

I forgot that you’ll probably never see very popular characters like Vader and Darth Maul in the land... for now at least"
I don't think those characters would fit in the land since the canon for this land is after Last Jedi. Vader is dead and Darth Maul is presumed to be dead now? (He was revived in comics/Clone wars, but this was 60+ years before so idk).;)

Hi all, longtime lurker, thought I’d finally join the conversation. Had the chance to do 8 hours in GE on opening day - one reservation in the afternoon and one at night. Overall loved the land, and as a DL AP holder, grateful for such an expansive, immersive addition to the park. Think the magic time to to visit would be late afternoon as sun is setting as nighttime lighting really takes it to the next level.

As most have said the attention to detail and design is fantastic and immersive. Just walking around and taking it all in was a highlight for me. Every interior location is somewhat of an attraction in itself. The animatronic within the antiquities shop might be my favorite Disney has done. One thing I noticed is that in the afternoon sun, the collection of scrap metal and brown, aged building exteriors can sort of give off a junkyard look so it was nice to see it at night with the more vibrant color palette.

Feel like more than most any attraction I’ve ever been on, Smuggler’s Run is a YMMV-type experience. I rode it for the first time with a group of four other friends who were all Star Wars fans so the excitement of all working together to fly the Millennium Falcon was something I’ve rarely experienced on any theme park attraction. Was just so much fun to interact, yell and play along as a group. Now, if you were to experience it as a single-rider sitting in the Engineer seat, you could very possibly write it off as a suped-up Star Tours. The movement and animation are great but it’s not overly thrilling. Piloting is definitely the highlight. What excites me about the ride though is the hope of additional experiences and the re-rideability that comes with that. I imagine over the years they will have multiple, randomized experiences (like Star Tours) that continue to refine the interactive/ride balance. I’m guessing this is only the starting point for this experience and there is a lot I could see them doing with it in the future.

I actually thought the food was good. The sausage/pork wrap from Ronto Racers was excellent. I've seen some who hate it, but I found the blue milk oddly refreshing - it's like a sorbet, not a milkshake. Had dinner at Docking Bay and the chicken salad dish was flavorful. It's all presented in a way that feels exotic and somewhat alien. Waited for the sun to set before standing in the cantina line for an hour - ended up being worth the wait. Though it’s small, the ambiance is great and we were able to enjoy it for about an hour. Loved seeing Rex DJ’ing.

All in all, loved the place. Hoping for more atmosphere characters and entertainment to make the land itself even more immersive. It’s only two acres bigger than Pandora but there is just so much more to see and do. Imagine having Rise of the Resistance open will take it to another level as right now about a third of the land is a dead zone. Going back to Orlando in November so looking forward to seeing the differences, if any, between the two parks.

I'll also be forever grateful for Universal kicking Disney's butt into gear with WWOHP.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that, especially once they inevitably get rid of Star Tours down the line, Smuggler's Run will be the new ride that gets updates and new ride profiles. Of course with MF:SR being interactive/plays out more like a video game than Star Tours, that means that it won't be as easy to just swap in and out scenes. It'll actually take quite a bit more effort to create new missions for this ride.

I don't think they will axe ST now. I really think that it will have equal lines, and ST operates much more cheaply.

I’m sure most would if it wasn’t $200.

You're paying for a customized high end collectible that comes with an experience. Not an experience that comes with a collectible.

And, as a collector myself, for the quality of the light-saber you get and the fact it's completely customized. $200 really isn't that bad for the saber itself.

Last edited:
I think it's likely.

If they don't they sure aren't focusing on guests. They have a brand new MASSIVELY anticipated land, and are purposely limiting the guest numbers to a point where many people are missing out, while the lucky few are getting a crazy uncrowned land.

If that 1100 is what they are letting in per 4 hour time frame, that is an INCREDIBLY small number.

You really think word wouldn’t get out on social media instantly? The next day would be packed.

It would take less than 10 CMs to man In and Out paths, and control the level to whatever they want. And get more people in the pakr instead of staying home because they can't get in SWGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, longtime lurker, thought I’d finally join the conversation. Had the chance to do 8 hours in GE on opening day - one reservation in the afternoon and one at night. Overall loved the land, and as a DL AP holder, grateful for such an expansive, immersive addition to the park. Think the magic time to to visit would be late afternoon as sun is setting as nighttime lighting really takes it to the next level.

As most have said the attention to detail and design is fantastic and immersive. Just walking around and taking it all in was a highlight for me. Every interior location is somewhat of an attraction in itself. The animatronic within the antiquities shop might be my favorite Disney has done. One thing I noticed is that in the afternoon sun, the collection of scrap metal and brown, aged building exteriors can sort of give off a junkyard look so it was nice to see it at night with the more vibrant color palette.

Feel like more than most any attraction I’ve ever been on, Smuggler’s Run is a YMMV-type experience. I rode it for the first time with a group of four other friends who were all Star Wars fans so the excitement of all working together to fly the Millennium Falcon was something I’ve rarely experienced on any theme park attraction. Was just so much fun to interact, yell and play along as a group. Now, if you were to experience it as a single-rider sitting in the Engineer seat, you could very possibly write it off as a suped-up Star Tours. The movement and animation are great but it’s not overly thrilling. Piloting is definitely the highlight. What excites me about the ride though is the hope of additional experiences and the re-rideability that comes with that. I imagine over the years they will have multiple, randomized experiences (like Star Tours) that continue to refine the interactive/ride balance. I’m guessing this is only the starting point for this experience and there is a lot I could see them doing with it in the future.

I actually thought the food was good. The sausage/pork wrap from Ronto Racers was excellent. I've seen some who hate it, but I found the blue milk oddly refreshing - it's like a sorbet, not a milkshake. Had dinner at Docking Bay and the chicken salad dish was flavorful. It's all presented in a way that feels exotic and somewhat alien. Waited for the sun to set before standing in the cantina line for an hour - ended up being worth the wait. Though it’s small, the ambiance is great and we were able to enjoy it for about an hour. Loved seeing Rex DJ’ing.

All in all, loved the place. Hoping for more atmosphere characters and entertainment to make the land itself even more immersive. It’s only two acres bigger than Pandora but there is just so much more to see and do. Imagine having Rise of the Resistance open will take it to another level as right now about a third of the land is a dead zone. Going back to Orlando in November so looking forward to seeing the differences, if any, between the two parks.

I'll also be forever grateful for Universal kicking Disney's butt into gear with WWOHP.
Welcome :thumbsup: to posting on IU. Nice review.