Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
By the way, worth noting how this is massively different from something like the Game of Thrones leak saga - and it isn't just the scale/"importance" of the IP itself.

Massari more or less soft announcing the inclusion of his work differs from other "leaks" because it barely constitutes a leak. He's one of the major stakeholders in an IP and was paramount to its coming to the event. Even if there was an agreement on when Klownz would be formally announced, there's no one to punish (and no reason to). I'm sure PR isn't happy, but it isn't going to amount to any tangible change in plan.

Similar scenario: Alice Cooper casually mentioning mazes would arrive at both coasts on a live stream back in 2012. Yeah, cat's out of the bag... but Cooper is the one who said it, not some contractor or anonymous leaker. Nothing to do.

I also remember hearing that Tobin Bell leaked Saw back in 2009, did that actually happen or is it a made up story.

It wasn't Tobin Bell, it was a producer at Lionsgate who leaked it back in 2009.. I remember it was leaked early enough that HHN 19's website went live openly stating SAW, Chucky and Wolfman in Orlando and HHN Hollywood's Twitter started up around that time with Murdy openly talking about SAW coming to the event.. I think that was when Hollywood began the practice of slowly announcing mazes one by one instead of the end-of-summer info dump Orlando used to do..

I'm not 100% sure if this was answered earlier, or even if there is a definite answer, but when do we foresee multi-day HHN passes (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, etc.) going on sale?

I'm not 100% sure if this was answered earlier, or even if there is a definite answer, but when do we foresee multi-day HHN passes (Rush of Fear, Frequent Fear, etc.) going on sale?
It's not like they are going to cancel ticketing options they've had for years.

Friday is my guess. That’s how the did it last year. BOGO ended and the next day everything else went on sale.

Reactions: uso345
Seems like a good time get the ball rolling on anticipation lists. My "way too early based on speculation and assumptions" list:
  1. Killer Klowns From Outer Space – Unapologetically love this movie and the zone last year and am assuming it’s going to be in 3D which I am a big fan of.
  2. Depths of Fear – Leviathan was one of my favorite HBO movies growing up. Watched Deep Star 6 a ton too. Hope it's a claustrophobic (original) Alien atmosphere set underwater house.
  3. Nightingales – Loved the Original. 300 is a guilty pleasure.
  4. Ghostbusters – Probably should be higher, but like Stranger Things last year it all depends on how well they pull off the “star characters.” If they can pull that off and get some real jump scares in there, this will probably end up being my #1 after the event.
  5. Tooth Fairy – This sounds like it could be really scary.
  6. Universal Monsters – Sure this will be much higher on my post event rankings. Can't help but picture slow lumbering black and white creatures. I know that's not at all how it will be, but can't shake that feeling so it hurts it in anticipation.
  7. Yeti – Just don’t know enough about it, but loved the Swamp Yeti part of Slaughter Sinima last year.
  8. Stranger Things – Not a big fan of the show, but really enjoyed the house last year just for the eye candy. Sure I’ll really enjoy this, but will probably only do it once per night with express as the line wait isn’t worth it for me.
  9. House of 1000 Corpses – LOVE Rob Zombie's music and stage shows, don’t care much for the movie (any of his movies to be honest). But if the house is scary and it’s blasting his music, sure I’ll love it.
  10. Graveyard – Don’t know anything about it so can’t really rate it. Hoping for it to be unofficially inspired by Return of the Living Dead Part 2. One of my favorite movies. "Graveyard...waking the dead" instantly brings that to mind. It would shoot up the list quick if it turns out that way.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Seems like a good time get the ball rolling on anticipation lists. My "way too early based on speculation and assumptions" list:
  1. Killer Klowns From Outer Space – Unapologetically love this movie and the zone last year and am assuming it’s going to be in 3D which I am a big fan of.
  2. Depths of Fear – Leviathan was one of my favorite HBO movies growing up. Watched Deep Star 6 a ton too. Hope it's a claustrophobic (original) Alien atmosphere set underwater house.
  4. Ghostbusters – Probably should be higher, but like Stranger Things last year it all depends on how well they pull off the “star characters.” If they can pull that off and get some real jump scares in there, this will probably end up being my #1 after the event.
  6. Universal Monsters – Sure this will be much higher on my post event rankings. Can't help but picture slow lumbering black and white creatures. I know that's not at all how it will be, but can't shake that feeling so it hurts it in anticipation.
  7. Yeti – Just don’t know enough about it, but loved the Swamp Yeti part of Slaughter Sinima last year.
  8. Stranger Things – Not a big fan of the show, but really enjoyed the house last year just for the eye candy. Sure I’ll really enjoy this, but will probably only do it once per night with express as the line wait isn’t worth it for me.
  9. House of 1000 Corpses – LOVE Rob Zombie's music and stage shows, don’t care much for the movie (any of his movies to be honest). But if the house is scary and it’s blasting his music, sure I’ll love it.
  10. Graveyard – Don’t know anything about it so can’t really rate it. Hoping for it to be unofficially inspired by Return of the Living Dead Part 2. One of my favorite movies. "Graveyard...waking the dead" instantly brings that to mind. It would shoot up the list quick if it turns out that way.

Rumors so far have not mentioned any 3D and I'm hoping it stays that way!

For yeti ( if it's Appalachian) I see scenes like encountering it in the woods, terrorizing a couple campers or local convenience store, probably walking through it's cave where you see dead park rangers and other victims. For Tooth Fairy I kinda see a layout like Krampus. The tooth fairy terrorizing a residential home and you see multiple scenes through out the home until you probably get to the Tooth Fairy lair. For Ghostbusters I see it being executed like Poltergeist, first half of the house with it's iconic scenes from the film and second half would be when the containment unit/Ecto-Containment system is shut off and all the ghost and different entities are let loose, and that's where A&D is going to get VERY creative. Oh and a lot of puppetry use in Ghostbusters.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
For yeti ( if it's Appalachian) I see scenes like encountering it in the woods, terrorizing a couple campers or local convenience store, probably walking through it's cave where you see dead park rangers and other victims. For Tooth Fairy I kinda see a layout like Krampus. The tooth fairy terrorizing a residential home and you see multiple scenes through out the home until you probably get to the Tooth Fairy lair.
From what I'm hearing, Yeti is not Appalachia and Tooth Fairy is not "residential."