Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Well, the original plan didn't involve Thanos jumping into the future with them. :lol: The only risk was going back and getting stuck there. There wasn't supposed to be a battle.
Thanos wasn’t supposed to snap half of the population either :lol:

Went to see the movie at the Dolby cinema at Disney Springs and what an incredible experience that theater is. This theater was made for a movie like this. Would never see a movie that isn't a big blockbuster there, but still a great theater. We were on level 3, almost all the way to the top and somehow still managed to feel incredibly close to the screen.

Oh, and the Spider-Man: FFH trailer has officially started to play post-credits.

Yes i get that... I meant they are not using it as an extra long stinger during the credits but just playing after the credits

Yes i get that... I meant they are not using it as an extra long stinger during the credits but just playing after the credits

To put it in the middle, they'd probably have to splice it in and send all new copies of the movie to the theaters. To have them put it after the movie, they probably just have to send an email.

The issue is, even if it does pass Avatar (which I don't think it will, sadly), there's no way Disney doesn't re-release the first Avatar before the sequel comes out and that would then push Avatar back into first place.

I’m not sure it has enough left in the tank without a quick marketing campaign over a dead August weekend or something.

Or maybe a re-release during the holidays to give RDJ an Oscar push.

They'll get a lot of juice out of double features with Spiderman.

The issue is, even if it does pass Avatar (which I don't think it will, sadly), there's no way Disney doesn't re-release the first Avatar before the sequel comes out and that would then push Avatar back into first place.
Yeah, but do you really think that sometime down the line, Endgame won’t get re-released? All of these monster movies get a re-release at some point.

Yeah, but do you really think that sometime down the line, Endgame won’t get re-released? All of these monster movies get a re-release at some point.

Oh I'm sure it will. But it wouldn't be until the next big Avenger film, and even then, I would assume it would be re-released as a marathon with the other Marvel films (like they have been doing in the past). So the full ticket price wouldn't be going to Endgame.

Trust me, I would love to see Avatar dethroned, but it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon. However, on the flip side of that, I do have to commend the fact that an original/non IP film was able to become the highest grossing film of all time and still is to this day. That's pretty dang impressive.

Oh I'm sure it will. But it wouldn't be until the next big Avenger film, and even then, I would assume it would be re-released as a marathon with the other Marvel films (like they have been doing in the past). So the full ticket price wouldn't be going to Endgame.

Trust me, I would love to see Avatar dethroned, but it doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon. However, on the flip side of that, I do have to commend the fact that an original/non IP film was able to become the highest grossing film of all time and still is to this day. That's pretty dang impressive.
If Avatar can survive Endgame, I really don’t see anything coming up within the next 5 years or more that has a chance at actually taking it down.

If Avatar can survive Endgame, I really don’t see anything coming up within the next 5 years or more that has a chance at actually taking it down.

Unless Avatar 2 does 2 billion in China alone. Between the growing market in China and inflation, it's not impossible. But outside that, it's pretty safe.

Avatar had the advantage of releasing in a quiet time frame. Had Endgame been released in December, it would have had January all to itself compared to the crowded month of May.

Avatar had the advantage of releasing in a quiet time frame. Had Endgame been released in December, it would have had January all to itself compared to the crowded month of May.
Avatar also only opened to $77M domestically. I know it legged it out due to the timeframe, but Endgame has long since passed it domestically and has held descent legs for a movie that opened so extremely huge.

I really don’t know how much the timing mattered for Endgame. Sure, it helped out Avatar immensely, but everyone and their mother still saw Endgame and many saw it 3-4+ times. I don’t know how much a holiday release would’ve helped as I don’t know of anyone who hasn’t seen it that doesn’t have a deep disdain for comic book movies.