Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 594 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they can definitely fit a coaster under that bridge. Plenty of room, especially for a blitz coaster.
LOL. And there I am saying that pic should pretty much end anyone saying the coaster is going under that bridge.

No chance. Less than no chance.

Also, unrelated, but the bridge should be open before Hagrid's.

Reactions: Joel
LOL. And there I am saying that pic should pretty much end anyone saying the coaster is going under that bridge.

No chance. Less than no chance.
If the layout we have at our disposal is to be believed, then what you're saying is this coaster is going to make two passes OVER the bridge in near impossibly close proximity? I'm struggling to see a situation where that'd be the case.

There's certainly room for a banked turn through one of the middle sections, but at this point it'd be a little hard to install the track with a complete bridge. Unless this is another temporary(but more rugged) bridge to help with the summer/Hagrid crowds and some of the construction, and then they're gonna do a permanent bridge during the slow season.

Either that or the layout in that area has changed. @Alicia, heard anything new?

Unless this is another temporary(but more rugged) bridge to help with the summer/Hagrid crowds and some of the construction, and then they're gonna do a permanent bridge during the slow season.

Either that or the layout in that area has changed. @Alicia, heard anything new?

I thought it was posted earlier that the bridge could be temporary for equipment and that it isn't the actual final bridge...?

I don't see a coaster going under that bridge. It's already a small and tight clearance space, and you have to factor in the changing water levels of the IOA lagoon. If we get a big rain storm the water can easily rise a few inches.

Reactions: Nick and sonoma15
If the layout we have at our disposal is to be believed, then what you're saying is this coaster is going to make two passes OVER the bridge in near impossibly close proximity? I'm struggling to see a situation where that'd be the case.

There's certainly room for a banked turn through one of the middle sections, but at this point it'd be a little hard to install the track with a complete bridge. Unless this is another temporary(but more rugged) bridge to help with the summer/Hagrid crowds and some of the construction, and then they're gonna do a permanent bridge during the slow season.

One of the layouts I've seen showed those two curves being on shore and not over water. Another showed them over water. Without the actual blueprints, we can't be certain which it is. There was apparently enough uncertainty in whoever drew them that they felt the need to make a change. But Helixes go over top of each other all the time. I know this isn't a helix, but it does give an example.

While a train might physically fit under that bridge, you have to account for the ride envelope as well. Theres just not enough room there and I think even Intamin would have reservations about going under that bridge even with more clearance.

Reactions: Joel
I’m not saying it’s going to go under the bridge, but looking at how Hulk goes through a carved out section of water to clear under that bridge, you can see how it could be possible without having to worry about water levels in the lagoon.

Reactions: Nick
I’m not saying it’s going to go under the bridge, but looking at how Hulk goes through a carved out section of water to clear under that bridge, you can see how it could be possible without having to worry about water levels in the lagoon.

If they were going to build a concrete channel, it would have had to be done before the bridge.

Reactions: Joel and tielo
Status
Not open for further replies.