Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Bigfire Restaurant

Any idea on when this could open?

I know Universal like to spread their announcements out but if media are there for Hagrid's, a quick tour of BigFire could be a nice addition.

If Hagrid is that bit more intense, maybe have food after riding.

I wonder what they will do with all the smoke from a wood fire? It can’t be just as simple as the smoke wafting out of the chimney in various directions. Perhaps a filter system?

Any idea on when this could open?

I know Universal like to spread their announcements out but if media are there for Hagrid's, a quick tour of BigFire could be a nice addition.

If Hagrid is that bit more intense, maybe have food after riding.
Media will be touring in a few weeks.

I wonder what they will do with all the smoke from a wood fire? It can’t be just as simple as the smoke wafting out of the chimney in various directions. Perhaps a filter system?
Industrial smokers are closed systems. The smoke needs to stay in to get in to the meat and there is no reason to let it out. There is also cold smoking and liquid smoking. If there are fumes they will probably be artificially created.

Industrial smokers are closed systems. The smoke needs to stay in to get in to the meat and there is no reason to let it out. There is also cold smoking and liquid smoking. If there are fumes they will probably be artificially created.
While I'm sure there will be an industrial smoker, there will also be a LARGE wood fired grill with an open flame. My guess is there will be a gigantic copper hood with a serious filtration system.

Last edited:
No gas or electric. Everything here will be cooked on a wood fired grill.