Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor) | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil World Showcase Pavilion? (Rumor)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
BREAKING: Brazil Pavilion Will Open with No Attraction in 2022 at Epcot - WDW News Today

I think it is foolish to open a new pavilion with no attraction but what do I know :eek:O:
Unfortunately, this has been the ongoing rumor for some time now. Although I don’t know if 2022 is feasible anymore unless they start very soon. It has been the date they’ve wanted it for for quite some time, though. They want it for Epcot’s 40th.

The new mission of Epcot is IP and food. Food now, and maybe one day the IP will come. The planned IP fell through.
Yup, was supposed to be Gigantic, but the movie got canceled.

Reactions: Joel and Bulldog45
Unfortunately, this has been the ongoing rumor for some time now. Although I don’t know if 2022 is feasible anymore unless they start very soon. It has been the date they’ve wanted it for for quite some time, though. They want it for Epcot’s 40th.

Yup, was supposed to be Gigantic, but the movie got canceled.

I thought Gigantic was going to be set in Spain?

Not sure what ride would even make sense for Brazil? I think a boat ride through the rain forest had been mentioned, but that would put boat rides in Mexico, Norway and this new pavilion.

An indoor Mack Powered Inverted coaster through the canopy of the rainforest would really cool.
Cool idea, but we have a ton of launch coasters coming to Orlando right now, including one in the same park. I’d prefer a bit of something different. Or a grand Shanghai Pirates type ride.

Reactions: Bulldog45
Building a pavilion without an attraction is a huge waste of time and resources, in addition to being lazy.

Although I don’t know if 2022 is feasible anymore unless they start very soon.

With any other company, three years for a couple restaurants and shops would seem astonishingly slow. Even at Disney's customary relaxed pace, three years should be more than enough.

Reactions: Andysol
Building a pavilion without an attraction is a huge waste of time and resources, in addition to being lazy.

With any other company, three years for a couple restaurants and shops would seem astonishingly slow. Even at Disney's customary relaxed pace, three years should be more than enough.
It all depends when they start. I don’t see it starting until next year, although without a ride it should leave plenty of time I guess.

I wonder if they are still planning on turning the Mexico ride into Coco? If so, the animatronic Three Caballeros could end up in the Brazil pavilion in some form.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
Probably the most boring idea.....I know that Brazilian tourism was huge during their economic boom, but it's died down quite a bit. I suppose a G rated Carnivale would be fun? I don't see Disney building a giant Christ statue in their parks...

Would I prefer an attraction? Of course.

But a giant Brazilian steakhouse and a decent sized outdoor caipirinha bar with some carnival-inspired live entertainment? Instantly top tier country in WS.

Will we get a forced perspective Christ the Redeemer? Could be a big new photo op as well.

But a giant Brazilian steakhouse and a decent sized outdoor caipirinha bar with some carnival-inspired live entertainment? Instantly top tier country in WS.

Will we get a forced perspective Christ the Redeemer? Could be a big new photo op as well.

Maybe Im just spoiled, but there are Brazilian Steakhouses everywhere now in Florida. I can't imagine what the price per plate would even be in Disney. I think the country will Live or Die by the quality of it's live performers.

I would still be shocked if Disney put a giant religious symbol in any of their parks...

@Marni1971 has said the Christ the Redeemer statue has been cut.

Maybe Im just spoiled, but there are Brazilian Steakhouses everywhere now in Florida. I can't imagine what the price per plate would even be in Disney. I think the country will Live or Die by the quality of it's live performers.

I would still be shocked if Disney put a giant religious symbol in any of their parks...
There are religious symbols all over world showcase...