Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You never see the cool stuff the lawyers remove.

Let's hope the gore they hyped up for Nightingales doesn't.

You say that Bigfoot/Yeti isn't in Appalachia--did they change it because of the recent murders?

I'd like to see Tooth Fairy have a Dollhouse vibe, hoping neither are played for laughs.

Last edited:
That's the answer I wanted. Thank you, sir!

Hoping to hit the houses before all the cool stuff I hear about is broken or removed by the lawyers. We went mid October and some stuff was gone or wrecked, like ceiling clown.

I went on a Friday around that time last year and it was insanely crowded, much more crowded than when I went mid October the year before, but maybe that was because it was a Friday.

Let's hope the gore they hyped up for Nightingales doesn't.

You say that Bigfoot/Yeti isn't in Appalachia--did they change it because of the recent murders?

I'd like to see Tooth Fairy have a Dollhouse vibe, hoping neither are played for laughs.
Doubt either is going to be tongue-in-cheek. Both seem to be played pretty straight. And regarding Yeti, I don't think the killings changed it.

I've heard Nightingales is being developed as a direct response to the "family friendly" complaints. Don't expect it to get toned down.

Vamp 85 was really the worst last year. The cast didn’t even try to scare guests much of the time, just stand around and talk to each other.

o75daid.jpg

It was unprecedentedly awful. Stage managers need to do their jobs this year and remind actors they aren't getting paid to fraternize.

Just out of interest has there been any more to the rumours of the premium night on October 16th? I’m ready to get my tickets this week when the BOGOF offer ends but wondered if I need to budget for this too haha.

Reactions: hunnylvr and Nick
Just out of interest has there been any more to the rumours of the premium night on October 16th? I’m ready to get my tickets this week when the BOGOF offer ends but wondered if I need to budget for this too haha.
No rumors, but stuff like that typically doesn't get out (and if it does, it's within 48 hours of announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce it until August. They want people to go all the other nights, and the likelihood of a premium night is dependent on how popular all the other nights around it are.

The blackout dates are interesting though.

Vamp 85 was really the worst last year. The cast didn’t even try to scare guests much of the time, just stand around and talk to each other.

I thought I remembered someone (here) saying that vamp had an odd dynamic because they were hiring dancers, not true scare actors, and off stage they didn't really take to the part all that well.

But I had that bad vamp experience too every time we walked through. Show was cool, interaction was horrible and inconsistent.

Reactions: dxwwf3

I’m really hoping we hear something about that soon. I booked my trip way ahead of the dates being announced thinking there was no way there wouldn’t be a HHN night on that Wednesday. If they don’t decide to go forward with a Premium Night, maybe that Wednesday will just become an “added date”

Reactions: JMalez
The 16th is looking more and more like some kind of private/corporate buyout. If there's anything special planned for that night, we won't be finding out about it this week when tickets go on sale.

Reactions: Drummanmatt
I'm wondering if they are sticking for June 7 this year to release the scarezones and shows, I mean it worked last year, it'd be good for this year to get that stuff out of the way.

The 16th is looking more and more like some kind of private/corporate buyout. If there's anything special planned for that night, we won't be finding out about it this week when tickets go on sale.

Maybe so. Seems like doing it that week would be incredibly expensive for a buyout, but we will see.

Nothing massive scheduled for OCCC or Gaylord that week, tho. Who does a buyout without bringing 10ks of people to town? So back to potential of something private in-house--but we cost yourself such a potentially lucrative single-ticket night?

Reactions: dxwwf3
I was lucky enough to do October 30th last year. It wasn’t announced the week or two before as an additional night and it was super quiet. They pulsed the queues and it was amazing. I would pay an up charge for that experience again definitely!

I agree that it's definitely unusual, and a full HHN buyout would be unprecedented, but I also think the idea of a super expensive premium night has several logistical hurdles to overcome to make it successful.

But if it is happening, hopefully it's like Legacy suggested and they're just waiting until closer to October to announce it.

I saw it often in the Chucky zone last year and it annoyed me every time tbh.
Chunky wasn’t quite as bad as Vamp, but yeah, it happened a decent amount there too. Any zone where UOR has them just sort of walking around doing small startle scares it tends to happen. Less so if the street has masks with their costumes, but it still happens.

Reactions: captainryborg