Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once again ticket prices are much higher
No, June 23rd will be the real indication of how popular Disneyland/Galaxys Edge will be. THAT is when chaos will commence. It's sort of what happened to Universal before Potter. Why go to Disneyland when I can wait a month and experience a new land as well?
Editing

From Disney releases it sounds like they originally had plenty of entertainment planned for the land, but then cut it as a budgetary savings. That would explain the infrastructure, but no live entertainment shows in the foreseeable future. Though they could always add it if land attendance doesn't meet expectations or guest surveys indicate guests downgrade the land for lack of meaningful entertainment shows.

Reactions: HPFred
Compared to other IP lands, it lacks immersion upon entrance. You have to walk through dead space to get to the better details. Even Pandora has tons of plants from the moment you cross the bridge. GE looked just like Frontierland until I saw the ships and then the market.

I actually really enjoyed that path. The whole area of Batuu seems visually stimulating and so detailed that being able to retreat to an area with trees is nice change. In a video uploaded by attractions 360, you can hear animal noises as well as the droids near the Rise of the Resistance talking to each other. The two areas were meant to be opposites.

He reports that there is NOT an autopilot option on Smuggler's Run, while we've heard other reports that there is.

Which is true?
Just like at 14 1/2 acres, it's bigger than Hogsmeade, Pandora and Diagon combined. Hogsmeade and it's adjacent areas are the same acreage. Maybe walking space is large, but that's only one aspect of a land. Alternative facts lives. I have no idea why a couple of sites keep reporting this about a map comparison that someone came out with a few months ago that was totally inaccurate. GESWL is not larger than the three combined. It's almost the exact same size as the entire Hogsmeade Potter area (Hogsmeade, FJ, Hippogriff, Hagrids, HE, area added in front of HE in 2014.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
So this got tweeted, apparently those who have a reservation can now add up to 5 friends to experience G.E.

I think the watch on crowd levels are gonna be very interesting this weekend, especially if they remain low.

If they have room to offer 5 additional reservation spots to each reservation holder, they have room to open back up the whole reservation process to everyone temporarily and give some other people a chance.

So this got tweeted, apparently those who have a reservation can now add up to 5 friends to experience G.E.

I think the watch on crowd levels are gonna be very interesting this weekend, especially if they remain low.

someone is getting fired...wow at all that lost income.

Reports going around are semi-inaccurate. Apparently only those who are the only person on their reservation (i.e. people who got screwed out of adding guests) are getting emails to add new party members.

But yes, this is definitely a reaction.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Reports going around are semi-inaccurate. Apparently only those who are the only person on their reservation (i.e. people who got screwed out of adding guests) are getting emails to add new party members.

But yes, this is definitely a reaction.

Thanks for the clarification, but yeah, first CM blackout's getting lifted and now this? I don't think any of us thought this would happen so soon, let alone at all.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thanks for the clarification, but yeah, first CM blackout's getting lifted and now this? I don't think any of us thought this would happen so soon, let alone at all.

I think they're being very careful and only enacting moves that won't incite a PR crisis. Giving days back to cast members only wins them points. Letting reservation holders add guests only benefits them and again is a PR win... but it's being done quietly, via email, and only because not everyone is already showing up for their reservations.

If they were to reopen new reservations? That'd cause a firestorm in the media and probably piss off those who have reservations from the first round.

EDIT: Also a reminder that they desperately just want bodies in the park, not necessarily in Galaxy's Edge. (Cast members using Maingate still can't access the land.) Right now, the land cannot process people through Oga's or the lightsaber experience. Adding more bodies to Galaxy's Edge makes that problem worse, not better.

Last edited:
I know this was an early drawing but it doesn’t really look like this.

Batuu-concept-tall.jpg

Or this..

star_wars_galaxys_edge_concept_art.jpg

It instead looks like a desert.

It's incredible to me that those pictures don't scan as "Star Wars" environments. They look more like Adventureland. Outside of the ride and the various ships parked around the place, I haven't seen much that registers as Star Wars.