Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 330 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will be my third year going but I feel with the popularity of the event the streets have become too crowded to be that effective unfortunately. I’ve heard stories from back in the day with the dual park event where these areas were truly scary. Now it’s too busy to ever be scary. I really wish I could have experienced this 10-15 years ago.

Reactions: dxwwf3
I just wanted to mention that at times some scare zones really became a joke last year with TMs and performers spending significant amounts of time talking in large groups. I’m probably going to get lit up for saying this, but it was embarrassing. I thought Vamp was plagued by this. (I have no problem with someone stopping and saying hello to a friend etc ... I’m not talking about this!).

I can understand why an employee would be upset about a great perk being taken away, but after experiencing the above and some of the crowds last year it is a necessity.

They still have over a month’s access .... sorry but this just comes across as spoiled / entitled / whining.

If people quit so be it. Universal will find different way of attracting and / or compensating employees if necessary.

This “perk” (what some paying customers spend hundreds of dollars on) shouldn’t come at the expense of paying customers having a miserable experience. Good on Universal for listening.

I completely felt that way. Went 2 times last year. BOTH times, the Chucky SZ was garbage as they were all just kind of standing around the display talking to each other. Vamp was bad too. I was pretty disappointed in last year's SZ's outside of KK.

Vamp 55 is my favorite scare zone and I love all things 80’s, so yeah Vamp 85 is the most disappointing thing I’ve experienced at HHN. But I found Chucky to be the sleeper hit of the event. It was always a great zone when I walked through. I personally feel that the Hollywood area is the best location for the more actor personality driven zones like Vamp 55 and Chucky and that New York needs to be filled with a lot of stuff to be successful. The Purge really worked there because there was something going on all over the area, not just near the stage.

Reactions: Porkchop and Clive
Vamp 55 is my favorite scare zone and I love all things 80’s, so yeah Vamp 85 is the most disappointing thing I’ve experienced at HHN. But I found Chucky to be the sleeper hit of the event. It was always a great zone when I walked through. I personally feel that the Hollywood area is the best location for the more actor personality driven zones like Vamp 55 and Chucky and that New York needs to be filled with a lot of stuff to be successful. The Purge really worked there because there was something going on all over the area, not just near the stage.

Agree on The Purge. I have no interest in it as a house anymore, but it's a strong SZ. We had very different experiences with Chucky last year though.

Someone said The Fog a while back as a SZ, and I think that would be my #1 SZ wish I can think of.

What are people expecting to be announced tomorrow?

Killer Klowns seems obvious due to the facade leak, but with the trailer dropping for 3 From Hell on Monday, ho1c would make sense to be announced. But with the new passes coming up, a huge IP like ghostbusters would make sense to announce. So I am torn!

Killer Klowns seems obvious due to the facade leak, but with the trailer dropping for 3 From Hell on Monday, ho1c would make sense to be announced. But with the new passes coming up, a huge IP like ghostbusters would make sense to announce. So I am torn!

My guess is Ghostbusters and pass info.

Reactions: SeventyOne

That assumes we don’t get anything today potentially.

Bit confused why it's tomorrow not today, the offer finished yesterday?

Nothing is pulling back when I go to try and buy tickets now.

Also, I don't think we get an IP today or this week.

Murdy for Hollywood flat out stated that he's expecting their next announcement to be later on in June. At this point, we seem to be speculated to share the other three IP's we have. The only surprise at this point would be if...maybe the HOTC announcements are at different times to account for the extra Rob Zombie zone. But...eh.

But I think we get tickets, "theme", and potentially a chunk of our zones today, as in the originals. Or as Legacy already presented the idea to, they say to heck with it and also throw another original maze at us.

Will this include a website revamp like last year?
Perhaps the announcement would be the theme of the year and original scarezones.

Haha, I know. There has been hype for an announcement so many times now and nothing has happened. Just trying to temper expectations just in case. Hopeful of something before Hagrid opens at least.

My guess is that we'll get SOMETHING with the tickets today or tomorrow. To be honest, I want one of the originals announced as details are pretty scarce on all three yet to be announced!