Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 669 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's wait to see how many trains they have running concurrently when this thing opens. If they decrease the number of trains due to the recent issues then capacity will be hugely affected.

Fact is, we really have no idea how many trains they planned to run with in the first place. There is no way to know if it has been decreased unless some knowledgeable operations manager decides to squeal.

On another note, are they advertising this new ride on TV in the local market yet? It will also be interesting to see if they advertise it nationally.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
Fact is, we really have no idea how many trains they planned to run with in the first place. There is no way to know if it has been decreased unless some knowledgeable operations manager decides to squeal.

On another note, are they advertising this new ride on TV in the local market yet? It will also be interesting to see if they advertise it nationally.
Commercials play every night on NBC. Heard from some folks in Connecticut that it’s playing there too. Maybe an eastern seaboard thing for now.

I don't know, he's way off on a couple of things. It most certainly wouldn't take 2 months to reprogram shorter trains. I'd assume removing one car would change block times by an almost imperceptible amount. Launches likely are self controlling, and in such short blocks, starting at almost the same speed, I see that being a day of tests.

I agree, and I would also expect they already have most of the data done in simulations to determine how long the trains should be. They probably already have tested various configurations on computer prior to real-world testing to ensure the data matches.

Reactions: HPFred
I'm curious to see how the locker situation plays out on opening day.

I would assume the full extended queue will hold more people than the amount of lockers can handle?

Been seeing it in Texas for like a month, almost every night.

And don’t underestimate the power of Facebook advertising. My sister up in NJ messaged me last week about how great it looked, while she was scrolling through her feed.

Teens and 20-somethings don’t watch cable anymore, so social media and streaming ads are the only way to reach us.

Anybody local know of any Hagrid billboards yet? I haven't seen many in my travels, but I'm mostly on 528 now. Still have two F+F billboards along there.

That was my kind of my general point. No one can say this is going to be a high capacity ride without knowing how many trains they're going to be running.

That being said, there was talk earlier of there potentially being 12 trains running. Also there was rumor/talk of moving load platform that can launch trains every 20-30 seconds. Under those potential numbers, this would indeed have high capacity (if those earlier rumors were true) of 2000+ per hour capacity.

But you're right we don't know how many trains they were planning on running concurrently so no one can say how much of a people eater this ride would be to begin with. But with the recent issues there had been rumored talk they would/could run with less trains in the interim to reduce the risk of those issues, which if true would decrease the hourly ride capacity.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Status
Not open for further replies.