Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 670 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And don’t underestimate the power of Facebook advertising. My sister up in NJ messaged me last week about how great it looked, while she was scrolling through her feed.

Teens and 20-somethings don’t watch cable anymore, so social media and streaming ads are the only way to reach us.
Facebook advertising is certainly not to be downplayed. Not to get political, but it did help elect a president in the US, so that shows the pull it has.

People came out to see it, just as they will BigFire, Hagrid, Bourne, etc....People come to see new stuff, stop being difficult
Obviously LOCALS come to see new stuff. I just don't feel like there's a ton of buzz around this ride outside of Universal fan circles. I was just talking to some casual theme park friends the other day and they didn't even know this ride was a thing that was happening.

Point - Obviously there's gonna be a ton of locals, vloggers, Potter fans, and those who like to be 'first' that will come out. But there's already been two giant Potter openings. I don't think enough people will care to drive from out of state to ride this opening day. I know the internal projection for opening day and it's not all that high.

Hourly capacity is a function of how quickly trains leave the station, not how many trains are on the track at the same time. The difference between 20 second dispatches and 30 second dispatches is a 50% increase in hourly capacity. If theres 12 trains on the track, but 6 are stacked in the station, they are no better off than if there are 8 and 2 are in the station. Moving load helps greatly in that regard. But without dispatch times, we really can't calculate capacity.

Obviously LOCALS come to see new stuff. I just don't feel like there's a ton of buzz around this ride outside of Universal fan circles. I was just talking to some casual theme park friends the other day and they didn't even know this ride was a thing that was happening.

Point - Obviously there's gonna be a ton of locals, vloggers, Potter fans, and those who like to be 'first' that will come out. But there's already been two giant Potter openings. I don't think enough people will care to drive from out of state to ride this opening day. I know the internal projection for opening day and it's not all that high.

This is what I've been trying to say.

This is going to be like Kong, some hype for sure, but not going to have crowds lining into city walk.

Reactions: universal_fanatic

Maybe not terribly crazy opening weekend, and thats maybe, but i believe you can almost bet summer crowds will be elevated this year due to hagrid's.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Hulk dispatches trains every 1 minute 15 seconds on average , Hagrids will dispatch trains every 45 seconds at least surely?

Therefore wouldn’t that mean capacity will be way better than Hulks, as long as there’s enough trains back at the station.

Reactions: HPFred
Hulk dispatches trains every 1 minute 15 seconds on average , Hagrids will dispatch trains every 45 seconds at least surely?

Therefore wouldn’t that mean capacity will be way better than Hulks, as long as there’s enough trains back at the station.
While watching them testing the other day, and I realize this is just testing, the quickest time between trains passing by the entrance was about 60 seconds. Which isn't bad. But it's also not 45. No telling what we'll get opening day though. A lot of factors we still don't know about I'm sure.

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Status
Not open for further replies.