Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well there’s 3 IPs left:

- Ghostbusters
- Killer Klowns
- House of 1000 Corpses

Killer Klowns seems to be safe since the composer has already leaked it and Hollywood’s already started construction(although Scream did happen that way), but I’d say this one’s safe.

Corpses could be on the chopping block, but Orlando seems willing to do anything to get a Rob Zombie house as seen by the rumored scarezone, and Rob Zombie has worked with Horror Nights before. I’d say this ones safe

Which leaves Ghostbusters. Sony has been making a hugeeeeee marketing push on this IP and a Horror Nights house would only help with the 35th anniversary celebration. Although something did already happen to THAT IP because of this IP so I’d say this one could get cut.

On the originals side Graveyard seems to be the swing house. Didn’t know how to interpret the above comments but I’d say the two that could be lost are Ghostbusters or Graveyard. Bet for the IP that could come would be IT or THAT

Unrelated to the current way the thread seems to be going, but just hearing Anarchade immediately brings to mind mowhawk bearing, neon clad 80's punks crashing an arcade and trashing the place (causing Anarchy...in the Arcade). Big game cabinets representing all the major IPs, decorated on the outsides, but also possibly with their own small screen.

Would give ample opportunity to reuse Vamp '85 costumes, seeing as they recycled Scarecrow costumes for the zone last year and might remain a "budget" zone.

Just the way I immediately pictured things, at least!

Reactions: RevFreako
....I think it's more "I in place of O" than the other way around. That is...the implication I got. If an original was replacing an IP and that was locked in, Legacy wouldn't have to be as subtle as he's trying to be.

Reactions: JMalez
Wasn't there some talk of a Creepshow scare zone a while back that suddenly went quiet?

Also, if I had to guess an IP that might not make the cut, could it possibly be Rob Zombie? I mean, sure he has worked with Universal before, but he basically took all his IPs and made his own haunt event for a few years. That is not to say that he might not have changed course, but it's something that has always nagged me when thinking about the Ho1C house.

Well there’s 3 IPs left:

- Ghostbusters
- Killer Klowns
- House of 1000 Corpses

Killer Klowns seems to be safe since the composer has already leaked it and Hollywood’s already started construction(although Scream did happen that way), but I’d say this one’s safe.

Corpses could be on the chopping block, but Orlando seems willing to do anything to get a Rob Zombie house as seen by the rumored scarezone, and Rob Zombie has worked with Horror Nights before. I’d say this ones safe

Which leaves Ghostbusters. Sony has been making a hugeeeeee marketing push on this IP and a Horror Nights house would only help with the 35th anniversary celebration. Although something did already happen to THAT IP because of this IP so I’d say this one could get cut.

On the originals side Graveyard seems to be the swing house. Didn’t know how to interpret the above comments but I’d say the two that could be lost are Ghostbusters or Graveyard. Bet for the IP that could come would be IT or THAT

Well, there’s been very little word on what’s going in B79. So I’m guessing that’s the reason why.

I wouldn’t be surprised for Monsters to be counted as an original (I THINK it was in Hollywood?) if we’re getting an extra IP.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
I'm 99% sure it's not an IP that's potentially being replaced. I know literally nothing, but I think I have an idea of what may be going on just using context.. or, at least, where to look.

Reactions: hhnlover
Wasn't there some talk of a Creepshow scare zone a while back that suddenly went quiet?

Also, if I had to guess an IP that might not make the cut, could it possibly be Rob Zombie? I mean, sure he has worked with Universal before, but he basically took all his IPs and made his own haunt event for a few years. That is not to say that he might not have changed course, but it's something that has always nagged me when thinking about the Ho1C house.
Creepshow was rumored for HW I think.

....I think it's more "I in place of O" than the other way around. That is...the implication I got. If an original was replacing an IP and that was locked in, Legacy wouldn't have to be as subtle as he's trying to be.
That's pretty presumptuous, considering my thoughts on this year.

Reactions: ChaseTuff
Creepshow was rumored for HW I think.

I recall there being at least some speculation of it being a scarezone, possibly with stages for some of the more iconic scenes and minions like 7/Face-Off

I think at the time, someone (possibly @NuteGunrayWasFramed) said they didn't think it was coming and they were glad because the original concept for the zone was more interesting. Once the Plastic Surgery zone was leaked I assumed that was the original idea where Creepshow might have been.

Reactions: horrornights789

Please don't be true. I love all the remaining 3 properties, and always wanted to see them in the event. The demise of LI2C was enough pain to go through.

Reactions: hhnlover
That's pretty presumptuous, considering my thoughts on this year.

Which are? :)

(I know that you won't go no matter what, but still.)

Being the year before an anniversary year I'm certainly not expecting BEZT YR EVER!1, trying to keep my expectations blank. But I'm happy we're getting Nightingales and something similar to IT, as well as something different for Central Park.

But if we're somehow getting another big property in addition to ST and Ghostbusters...
"Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light." (In reference to the crowds.)
:jawdrop:

Last edited:
If an IP has dropped for another, it would probably make sense that HOTC drop with a potential Rob Zombie zone still rumoured

How so? If you have a maze and zone, dropping the maze for another could be a choice that universal made. Of course i imagine it would take a lot of convincing him. Besides, it was only an idea, if it had to be an IP dropped.

If it had to be an IP.