Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can confirm the CGI on Smugglers Run is garbage. I also didn’t like how the engineers are useless, the gunners just have to hold down the shoot button, and the pilots have split controls where the right pilot controls left and right movements and the other has up and down movements for the Falcon.

The theming for the ride is great but I’m not a fan of the interactivity they designed. I have a feeling this will change into a classic simulator like Star Tours in a few years. Getting rid of the seating positions and button pushing and a receive a new ride video.

Yes, the CGI is like you are watching a cartoon. Smugglers run is a hyped up version of Star Tours. The only difference is you don't need 3D glasses.

They have their own dialect on Batuu. Rising Moons is good evening. Bright suns is good day. Etc.

Gotcha. I assumed it meant greetings, but didn’t know about Bright Suns since we were there 8 PM - midnight. The dialect seems limited; I only remember hearing rising moons and the term credits.

Reactions: Alicia
So a friend of mine went to SWGE and had her window Monday morning. She loves theme parks, but i'd also say she's a bit Disney biased (but can be brutally honest). So was interested to know what her opinions were during the time there. Immediate response to me asking how it was? "It waaaaaas... okay?". Oof. She continued that she thought it was hyped up a lot. she did have this to say about Smuggler's Run though "the ride was truly awesome and very interactive. I'm a s****y pilot, but it was fun".

She also had a complaint about lack of communication regarding reservations and Oga's, saying by the time they got there (only 45 mins into the reservation), the waitlist was full snd they said they couldn't go, despite never being told that there even was a waitlist to begin with. They ended up getting in after some complaining.

Lastly, and very damning, I simply asked how blue/green milk was and I got a simple response: "Disgusting"

I hate to say this but I love that it's blowing up in Disney's face. Their complete disregard for the era of Star Wars that fans fell in love with is obvious, and minimally sprinkled easter eggs aint gonna cut it. In fact - I say I SUGGEST anyone who wants to visit June 24 go ahead and do it. Uni hit a home run with HP because the simplest was the most - not to mention the fact that they had Rowling supervise the whole thing. Galaxy's Edge has no true identity and unfortunately, no true connection with its fans. Literally one of my FB friends shared a video and asked if there were any OG Trio meet and greets. When they were told no, they completely lost any interest in visiting.

That said, I've seen videos of the walk around Rey. Very charming persona and very closely matching the movies.

I hate to say this but I love that it's blowing up in Disney's face. Their complete disregard for the era of Star Wars that fans fell in love with is obvious, and minimally sprinkled easter eggs aint gonna cut it. In fact - I say I SUGGEST anyone who wants to visit June 24 go ahead and do it. Uni hit a home run with HP because the simplest was the most - not to mention the fact that they had Rowling supervise the whole thing. Galaxy's Edge has no true identity and unfortunately, no true connection with its fans. Literally one of my FB friends shared a video and asked if there were any OG Trio meet and greets. When they were told no, they completely lost any interest in visiting.

That said, I've seen videos of the walk around Rey. Very charming persona and very closely matching the movies.

It’s really not blowing up in their face... can we stop the hyperbole and hysteria?

I'm, what I'd call at least, a pretty deep Star Wars fan. If there was an OG Trio meet and greet I'd be pretty turned off by it. Chewy, some ewoks, or some sort of non person character, sure. But not Han, Leia, or Luke. It's going to be obvious it isn't them, so don't insult me with it.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I'm, what I'd call at least, a pretty deep Star Wars fan. If there was an OG Trio meet and greet I'd be pretty turned off by it. Chewy, some ewoks, or some sort of non person character, sure. But not Han, Leia, or Luke. It's going to be obvious it isn't them, so don't insult me with it.
Yup. Look at Star-Lord without the mask. Face characters like that just don’t work for meet and greets.

This thread gets worse and worse by the day.
So much over reaction from people that haven’t even visited and believed it was “doomed” from the start. Get over yourselves, this land is going to be a huge win for Disney and theme park fans in general.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX

As George Lucas said at the dedication ceremony, “It could’ve been worse.”

Reactions: chris.g