Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is pure speculation and most certainly incorrect but the way I imagine the graveyard house is with short set pieces, a LOT of fog, the smell of dirt, and ghost kids giggling throughout and running around hiding behind tombstones (projections maybe?).

Of course this holds no weight, and i'm not "asking" for this to happen but it's fun to imagine

Dream line up: It, Conjuring, Scream(movies), Silver Screams house/house of slashers, Supernatural, Buffy, Jeepers Creepers, Harry Potter horror house, Stranger Things. Original idea for a house: Urban legend mythical creatures. Abominable snowman,Big foot, Jersey devil, chupacabra, Loch Ness, etc. Or even just Urban legends in general. Also love the idea of doing updated version of a classic funhouse of the old carnival days. Of course with a new fresh spin on it.

Reactions: soilsigh
If they were to chase a new IP, I would love to see them go after 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'. Watched the trailer for that and it looks like a fantastic fit for a house. I know that gets said about almost every horror movie that comes out though!

EDIT: Yes, it's a moot point as all the speculation earlier turned out to be nothing, but I saw the trailer and instantly thought HHN.

Reactions: Accio Butterbeer
Hoping for a announcement today but if not then I have a feeling we won’t get one for a while because of hagrid next week

It was stated by Murdy over on Hollywood that they weren’t expecting an announcement over there until late June.

So we could get another original (though I don’t think it’d be today personally), but barring that I think we do have a wait.

It was stated by Murdy over on Hollywood that they weren’t expecting an announcement over there until late June.

So we could get another original (though I don’t think it’d be today personally), but barring that I think we do have a wait.
Honestly I just want original scarezones to be confirmed at this point and have a little more knowledge about them

Yeah, I mean the 80s theme really is something in the event but like last year, everything seemed 80s theme but then you had Trick R Treat which had a Creepshow like thing to it but not a 80s film, so it should be interesting how they do this year. I do wonder though, if they will actually release the Ghostbusters house on the day of anniversary or after, whatever Universal has in their cards atm.

My opinion on the 80s 'theme': Look at how many of the most popular horror movies and franchises came out or started in the 80s. There are loads, so the 80s will almost always be represented at HHN.
Plus, the 80s are really popular right now for nostalgia, Stranger Things being a prime example, so it's hard to avoid the 80s in general right now.

I don't think Universal are deliberately going out to look for 80s things to add, it's just a coincidence that a few of the IPs and originals the past couple of years have hit that spot. My opinion.

10 years from now there might well be talk of a 90s theme as they try to hit that nostalgia sweet spot for the next generation.

Reactions: jrn14 and RevFreako
My opinion on the 80s 'theme': Look at how many of the most popular horror movies and franchises came out or started in the 80s. There are loads, so the 80s will almost always be represented at HHN.
Plus, the 80s are really popular right now for nostalgia, Stranger Things being a prime example, so it's hard to avoid the 80s in general right now.

I don't think Universal are deliberately going out to look for 80s things to add, it's just a coincidence that a few of the IPs and originals the past couple of years have hit that spot. My opinion.

10 years from now there might well be talk of a 90s theme as they try to hit that nostalgia sweet spot for the next generation.

I bet it will be more like 5 years from now

Reactions: Spaulding
Yeah, I mean the 80s theme really is something in the event but like last year, everything seemed 80s theme but then you had Trick R Treat which had a Creepshow like thing to it but not a 80s film, so it should be interesting how they do this year. I do wonder though, if they will actually release the Ghostbusters house on the day of anniversary or after, whatever Universal has in their cards atm.

The 80's theme is a myth. Heck, even the Chucky scarezone had 2018 on it's Good Guys displays while we also had the scarred version of Chucky acting as a barker (hello, 1990's). I feel like everyone keeps pointing out "Trick 'R Treat" as the outlier, when the Chucky zone was just as much of a problem.