Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this a week ago, but didn’t share it for fear it was incorrect. Unfortunately, it is. I wear size 42 myself, so even I may not fit!?! Still hoping sidecar is more accommodating than motorbike. The restraint and how it goes down in front of your belly is said to be the main issue for accommodating larger guests.

I heard this a week ago, but didn’t share it for fear it was incorrect. Unfortunately, it is. I wear size 42 myself, so even I may not fit!?! Still hoping sidecar is more accommodating than motorbike. The restraint and how it goes down in front of your belly is said to be the main issue for accommodating larger guests.

This very disappointing and a major issue considering most Americans are on the larger side of the scale. Is this a temporary thing like the slides at VB with a solution in the future? I’m a size 38 but my roommate has a larger build.

Edit: thinking about what a bone head decision on universal part to make a ride that barely fits the large majority of people. Granted before my visit to VB I made sure to lose enough weight to ride the slides but still there’s no way I’m getting my big Cuban waist down to fit this thing!

Last edited:
This very disappointing and a major issue considering most Americans are on the larger side of the scale. Is this a temporary thing like the slides at VB with a solution in the future? I’m a size 38 but my roommate has a larger build.
Not unless they build new vehicles

I don’t believe it is temporary.

I fit on every ride at UO, including things like Flight of the Hippogriff and Nuthouse Coaster, but I wear size 42 pants. If this is less accommodating than kiddie rides, then there’s a problem here.

From people that’ve ridden - it’s a lot more large mammal friendly then the warnings suggest; and it’s more about legs/thighs then belly.
Then why a warning about waistline, instead of just the usual “may not accommodate riders of a certain shape or size” like the other Potter rides?

That's crazy, 40" isn't THAT large for us Americans. Sorta shocked Uni would build a ride that a non insignificant portion of their guests won't be able to ride.

I don’t believe it is temporary.

I fit on every ride at UO, including things like Flight of the Hippogriff and Nuthouse Coaster, but I wear size 42 pants. If this is less accommodating than kiddie rides, then there’s a problem here.

Then why a warning about waistline, instead of just the usual “may not accommodate riders of a certain shape or size” like the other Potter rides?

Maybe they're playing it safe?

If it is as strict as they're suggesting then I can't help but find this ironic given that it's based around Hagrid.

I don’t feel bad for those that can’t ride because of their size. One thing is to not be able to ride because of height, another thing is because you’ve let yourself go.

Have these individuals ridden in the side car or bike?

Both. The Motorbike is more accommodating.

EDIT: Perhaps the 40-inch "rule" is due to the sidecar being a bit more unforgiving?

I don’t feel bad for those that can’t ride because of their size. One thing is to not be able to ride because of height, another thing is because you’ve let yourself go.

He's been permanently banned. We let it go for far too long. We're sorry if this offended anyone.

Last edited:
It is, not everyone can just "diet" and it's not about "letting" oneself go. It's more complicated that.

Mod Comment: Please keep the discussion on 40" waistline respectful of the people it affects.

I for one will be very disappointed if this turns out to be true. I’m not a overweight by any definition but I do have a large build. I fit in every ride and like I stated when the issues with weight at VB came about I made sure to lose some weight before my visit to issue I wouldn’t have issues at the scale.

Side track for a moment. Thank you Brian for taking control over the previous users comments and fostering a positive environment. In the past I didn’t post on this site even though I’ve been Following this site for a very long time. I always thought I didn’t have something to bring to the conversation. only recently did I decided to start joining the conversations and being a more active user.

Back on topic. Hopefully this is something that can be remedied in the future with a change to the restraints. If not I can see a lot of disappointed fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.