Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 533 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario is one of the most recognizable characters of all time.

There was even a period when more children knew who Mario was than Mickey Mouse.

Games with Mario in it have sold nearly a billion units (the core Mario platforming franchise has sold around 600 million units) dwarfing the next top selling character (Pikachu, which is also Nintendo controlled)

Nintendo is a no brainer beyond anything else you could think of by a wide margin.

Right now all eyes are on the current parks. I'm sure things will ramp up on Site B soon. At this point most of the filling and raising up the area out of the flood plain is complete.
Honestly a bit depressing. It was great seeing all the movement with the trucks unloading dirt, but now we're in a standstill. Probably final confirmation on permits, IP agreements/deals, agreements with local agencies on road development, and any other admin issues to be worked out.

I'm sure we'll see major road construction and actual site b development soonish... Calm before the storm?

Honestly a bit depressing. It was great seeing all the movement with the trucks unloading dirt, but now we're in a standstill. Probably final confirmation on permits, IP agreements/deals, agreements with local agencies on road development, and any other admin issues to be worked out.

I'm sure we'll see major road construction and actual site b development soonish... Calm before the storm?

Probably letting the land "settle" or just waiting on construction crews or permits/blueprints to be finalized.

There are still dump trucks loading in, just not the constant stream there was. There's still work to be done grading and shaping.

I think we'll see the warehouses built first. That gives them storage space for everything on site rather than leaving it outside or having to truck it in from elsewhere.

That's my guess. The plans were ready well before anything else, it's well needed storage space for such a project and is a good base instead of a trailer.

I’ve just had a thought. Could Universal Creative be moving here and freeing up some space for more VB expansion?

Reactions: Andysol and fryoj
That's my guess. The plans were ready well before anything else, it's well needed storage space for such a project and is a good base instead of a trailer.

I’ve just had a thought. Could Universal Creative be moving here and freeing up some space for more VB expansion?

I think they got a number of off-site plots in the deal. I'd almost say those are a better location for UC. Theres no reason creative has to be on site taking up space that could be used for something that has to be on site.

I think they got a number of off-site plots in the deal. I'd almost say those are a better location for UC. Theres no reason creative has to be on site taking up space that could be used for something that has to be on site.
I believe they purposefully put Creative off site due to confidentiality concerns. But yes, use one of those plots for a new UC building and use that land for VB! :)

Reactions: Andysol and fryoj
Looking at that, I can't see them going all the way to creative. Narrows up too much and too far from the park entrance.

Reactions: Magic-Man
They could move some other offices here freeing up some backstage space at Studios and Islands
I would love them to build up. For example, the HR building is only one floor and needs increased capacity. From what I remember, people had tiny cubicles (for example, the phone interviewers were cramped into a hallway), people shared a single cube, someone took over a broom closet and used it as an office... They could level the building and build a five floor hr building in its place.

Doing it like this could also allow IOA/USF to expand. Several office buildings sprinkled throughout the back of house which could be consolidated, freeing up space.

Status
Not open for further replies.