Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland) | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To help with the cantina and speciality drinks, they really should add an outdoor bar somewhere with a limited menu of the drinks. I like the venue itself but the drinks look super fun. Also premixed.

There really isn’t any space for this. I liked the reservation system, but we only managed to snag one because an employee earlier in the day clued us in.

See above. There is no way to let everyone be pilot. So either they do it like they did or kill capacity. But you are still talking about part of the ridership, on one of the rides in an overall land. You are essentially saying that you went to Pandora, FOP wasn't open, and are using the boat ride to judge the entire land.

Like I said, in two years, I'll be shocked if we are still talking about this.[/QUOTE]

This last part seems to be the biggest ding on this land's opening. If you are already saying just wait 2 more years that seems like you are not wowed by this land.

See above. There is no way to let everyone be pilot. So either they do it like they did or kill capacity. But you are still talking about part of the ridership, on one of the rides in an overall land. You are essentially saying that you went to Pandora, FOP wasn't open, and are using the boat ride to judge the entire land.

Like I said, in two years, I'll be shocked if we are still talking about this.

This last part seems to be the biggest ding on this land's opening. If you are already saying just wait 2 more years that seems like you are not wowed by this land.[/QUOTE]

If you actually go back and read what all I said, you'd see I was comparing it to Diagon's opening and the mess that Gringott's was the opening weeks. The point is, a couple years from now, no one will be talking about problems at opening. It has nothing to do with the wow factor.

But see i dont hear people complaining about the mission though, (only the graphics) but that is not even a huge complaint I've seen, its the practicality of the design of the cockpit that give it yes "mixy" reviews. But the stigma is People feel left out after getting off of this this thing if they're not piloting and not only is it a bad representation of the real falcon, its not as great an experience for anyone besides the pilots and that's that. But if i could apply your logic in a different scenario, fop in pandora makes navi better? That's not true There and wont be here, a little less forgiving yes, huge effect no.

And yesss @youhow2 yess! Thankyou^^
FoP doesn't make Navi better just like RotR won't make Smuggler's Run better. But it's about the whole package. If Pandora had opened with only NRJ, the land would have been taken out back and torn into a million different piece by theme park twitter and even the general public.

If RotR is as good as people say it is, it would've made the whole package a lot better upon first impression.

Was just looking at the Disneyland.com website. The main page barely mentions Galaxy's Edge. Now it shows the castle and about classics returning. This to me says that DL knows SW:GE is not doing well in terms of reviews. Just my opinion.

Why would this not be on the top of their website?

Was just looking at the Disneyland.com website. The main page barely mentions Galaxy's Edge. Now it shows the castle and about classics returning. This to me says that DL knows SW:GE is not doing well in terms of reviews. Just my opinion.

Possibly because reservations are required through the 23rd, so they don't want people to see Star Wars and think they can just show up to the park and go in. Just a theory.

FoP doesn't make Navi better just like RotR won't make Smuggler's Run better. But it's about the whole package. If Pandora had opened with only NRJ, the land would have been taken out back and torn into a million different piece by theme park twitter and even the general public.

If RotR is as good as people say it is, it would've made the whole package a lot better upon first impression.
That was exactly my point. If an attraction is lacking its gonna keep lacking. A much better attraction next to it will make it less forgiving in regards to the land as a whole yes, but have a huge effect on people's opinion of that ride?? No, and thats what he said.

What in the world are some of you smoking? This is not only false (galaxy edge is the very first ad that pops up on their website) it’s also trying to set up some “conspiracy” that only exists in your head.
A handful of negative reviews about Blue Milk and not being pilot of the Falcon are not going to stop people from coming, nor would Disney STOP promoting this new attraction because of said reviews.

I really think a few of you need to step back and think before you type such drivel.

I think I’m done with this thread for awhile. I just get annoyed every time I enter it.

I’m not defending the notion Disney knows GE is a failure or anything, but I will say the land failed to immerse me in the world of Star Wars when compared to other lands like Diagon, Hogsmeade, or Pandora.

Now that I’ve had some time to digest my visit, I think it’s the Star Wars fans who are drinking the flavor aid on how immersive the experience actually is.

Reactions: rastuso
I dunno, more randomization and several different missions would be neat. Fundamental flaws aside, I’m a sucker for re-ridability, so hoping they add new missions to keep it fresh.
That is what Star tours offers and I agree. Smugglers run is a fun ride and I will probably ride it a lot but after 2 times riding I was wishing there was as different missions. Certainly a fixable problem that I am sure they will address once the new car smell is gone.

That is what Star tours offers and I agree. Smugglers run is a fun ride and I will probably ride it a lot but after 2 times riding I was wishing there was as different missions. Certainly a fixable problem that I am sure they will address once the new car smell is gone.
I swear somewhere they said there would be multiple missions, am I loosing it? — there was even concept art for them

I’m not defending the notion Disney knows GE is a failure or anything, but I will say the land failed to immerse me in the world of Star Wars when compared to other lands like Diagon, Hogsmeade, or Pandora.

Now that I’ve had some time to digest my visit, I think it’s the Star Wars fans who are drinking the flavor aid on how immersive the experience actually is.
I think it’s one of the best theme park experiences out there. I am a fan if potter and enjoy the land but GE takes it to a new level. It is not perfect by any means and I am not drinking any star wars cool aid. There is a mix of classic star wars and current star wars. It is a good balance of classic and current. Im not high on RoTR blowing people away but we will wait and see. My expectations were exceeded for sure and Disney has delivered a great product. But that is just my opinion.

Reactions: JawsVictim

Yeah... this is a stretch....

I think you are missing the point. DL was advertising SW as the main thing in their banner. Now it is buried at the bottom. Not stretching anything. Just trying to show they are not heavily promoting this thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: rastuso