Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running pretty quick

Hmmmm. I may have cursed that. Lol

Back cycling. I think there’s only 4 trains running cause 4 go by quickly and then there’s a big gap

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the tests seats accessible whether the ride is running or not? I'll be in the park for the Weird Al concert tonight and thought I'd try it.

Are the tests seats accessible whether the ride is running or not? I'll be in the park of the Weird Also concept tonight and thought I'd try it.
The test seats outside are blocked by theming for tomorrow’s ceremony. There are more test seats in the queue before load though.

The test seats outside are blocked by theming for tomorrow’s ceremony. There are more test seats in the queue before load though.
I'll wait till the end of the week then. I'll only have a couple hours before i have to run to Hard Rock, and that saves me walking to hogsmeade. Thanks Alicia!

I think they are setting up for media tomorrow. They need to close off the front of Hogsmeade so they need to re-route guests around, and if the new bridge isn't ready they need to make people go around to the other side of the park.

All the media stuff will happen after park close. IoA closes at 6pm tomorrow. Information for the reception mentioned it was at 7:30pm, and I assume the actual ceremony would be closer to 8pm.

How many trains do you think are running?

With all the numbers crunched here, it seemed like this was going to be a capacity monster and I just can't see the need for a queue that long unless it's running well below capacity.
Right now looks like only 4.

You can count out Hagrid’s tomorrow for the whole day. :lol:

Fair, but I don't think all those barricades are set up for media... lol

Weather not looking good for any softs today:
View attachment 9803

I was looking at the forecast online, and from what it showed yesterday to today, it has worsened especially for Thursday morning with thunder storms until about 4pm, then apparently it clears up and Friday has less chance of rain now, too. I was also listening to the forecast on the news last night as well and they're expecting more rain than usual this whole week. I know from having lived in Central Florida the majority of my life that weather is unpredictable, but we gotta have expectations in check...

Then again, I got to thinking and on my last visit to IoA I rode Hulk on the pouring rain (lightning is usually what closes these outdoor attractions), so I am wondering if any rain will shut this down, or if they might still run it under no-lightning rain...

Last edited:
A brand new ride running at reduced capacity and sending empty seats is not a good look at all, especially with how hard Universal pushes for high hourly counts. Like Joe suggested, I really hope they're on their A game with single riders for this thing. Hopefully the queue on the load platform has been designed in an intuitive way to allow singles to be quickly added to fill empty seats.

I wasn't saying leaving empty seats will be the preferred strategy. I was just responding to the person worried they would be splitting pairs up. People would have a conniption fit right there on the load platform if that happened. Filling in gaps with singles is the easy answer. Absent of that though, they'd leave an empty seat before they E-stopped the ride due to an argument over seating arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.