Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I’m sorry if this was covered in the original thread, but what are we expecting at the Media Day tomorrow? A grand ceremony? If so, what time? I know Tom Felton and Rupert Grint were seen around Universal today. Any word on who all might make an appearance tomorrow and when?

Tomorrow is wining and dining in Hogsmeade along with a grand opening short show at the entrance to the attraction with celebrities. Invited guests will also get to ride the attraction. The event is being streamed online and will likely start after 7pm.

I just called Cabana Bay and asked at what time buses will begin running on Thursday. 7am. They *might* hold people at the parking rotunda or any of the other entrances to CityWalk, but I'd guess not much later than 7:30am (I'd bet CityWalk will be open by 7am and people queuing outside each park). USF opens at 8am for early entry, and they usually let you walk up before that 8am time. Take everything with a grain of salt and employ your common sense. I'd get there as early as you can if I were going that morning. Sadly, I personally won't be able to miss work on Thursday, but hopefully wil be there that afternoon...

Thanks for the info Felipe. I hope to be able to put a good plan together the night before and not be behind hundreds of people.

I just called Cabana Bay and asked at what time buses will begin running on Thursday. 7am. They *might* hold people at the parking rotunda or any of the other entrances to CityWalk, but I'd guess not much later than 7:30am (I'd bet CityWalk will be open by 7am and people queuing outside each park). USF opens at 8am for early entry, and they usually let you walk up before that 8am time. Take everything with a grain of salt and employ your common sense. I'd get there as early as you can if I were going that morning. Sadly, I personally won't be able to miss work on Thursday, but hopefully wil be there that afternoon...

Using a bit of history/educated guessing here:

I expect them to open the garages around 5-6AM and allowing you to immediately head over to the parks. Starbucks will more than likely be open. The park technically opens at 9AM, but they want people to immediately begin boarding at that time.

...Okay, but please don’t represent Universal fans or theme park fans in general with your poor attitude. Universal is about to open a roller coaster with a world record 7 separate launches that goes forwards, backwards, and has drop track and you’re over here trying to make the rest of us look bad with your unreasonable expectations. You know exactly what to expect if you go this weekend, it’s been spelled out for you very clearly many times on this forum for many months. Be patient with it and realize you’re among the first to experience a ride that is an industry first. Enjoy the attraction but prepare for downtime.
Look, I've been excited for this ride before announcement and since the close of DC. I understand that this is a technologically advanced ride that will have problems, but I was more just saying if I wait 2-3 hours and the ride closes down when I'm about to board like some team members, I'm gonna be upset. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go give hell to some TM or something.

Look, I've been excited for this ride before announcement and since the close of DC. I understand that this is a technologically advanced ride that will have problems, but I was more just saying if I wait 2-3 hours and the ride closes down when I'm about to board like some team members, I'm gonna be upset. That doesn't mean I'm gonna go give hell to some TM or something.
That is honestly the worst when you get to the front and a ride breaks down, I agree with you

As someone who stood in line for Gringotts opening weekend, you start to get a bit stir crazy

No. Must. Ride. ASAP.

If you wanna ride it ASAP don't act surprised when you get to the front of the line and then it shuts down. That's all I'm saying. You can be as upset as you want to be but you're doing it to yourself. You were warned a year ago that this ride would have teething issues and you should expect it if you wanna be one of the first to ride it.

Hey I was one of the people in line on opening day of Gringotts. I waited 3 1/2 hours in single rider and still had an amazing time. It will be fine.

I’m a little confused why y’all are going to the parking garage at 5 or 6 AM. If the park opens at 9, you’ve already “queued” for 3-4 hours. Why not just wait until later and spend your time in the actual (brand new) queue? Or do you guys think it’s going to be > 4 hours all day?

Waiting 3-4 hours to be first to wait 0-2 hours is better than showing up late and waiting 2-4 hours.

:read:

I’m sorry if this was covered in the original thread, but what are we expecting at the Media Day tomorrow? A grand ceremony? If so, what time? I know Tom Felton and Rupert Grint were seen around Universal today. Any word on who all might make an appearance tomorrow and when?

The Hagrid leg of our Media Day will begin in the early afternoon. We'll be able to interview creators, explore the area, before they hold the Grand Opening Ceremony later on in the evening.

I ask the same thing about people who show up an hour or more before rope drop (FoP at AK). You’re still “queuing.” I don’t get it. Lol

Waiting 3-4 hours to be first to wait 0-2 hours is better than showing up late and waiting 2-4 hours.

:read:

The Hagrid leg of our Media Day will begin in the early afternoon. We'll be able to interview creators, explore the area, before they hold the Grand Opening Ceremony later on in the evening.
It’s literally not. Lol

EDIT: Unsure if you’re being sarcastic or not. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather stroll in at the end of the night and walk into the queue one minute before park close than deal with any of the mess that's being talked about. Sure, it'll still have a decent wait, but at least i'd be getting on it without it absorbing my whole day. The ride is cool and all, but it's also not going anywhere.

I ask the same thing about people who show up an hour or more before rope drop (FoP at AK). You’re still “queuing.” I don’t get it. Lol

It’s literally not. Lol

EDIT: Unsure if you’re being sarcastic or not. :grin:

It's mostly the thrill of being one of the first, at least when it comes to new rides- but yes, it ultimately doesn't cut down your wait.

but mostly, I am being sarcastic. :lol:

I personally have never waited more than 2 hours to be one of the first to ride any new attraction, but I certainly can understand how it might be for some diehard fans. I just simply don't have the patience. At a certain point, it's just more about bragging rights that I think few will get to share.

As for established attractions, I wouldn't wait for more than an hour, unless it's at a destination theme park where I might not get the chance to experience it again if I didn't do so at that time.

But to those who are determined to ride this on opening day by parking at 6 am, waiting for the 9 am rope-drop, more power to you and I wish you the best. Good luck and I hope there's no major downtime.

I'd rather stroll in at the end of the night and walk into the queue one minute before park close than deal with any of the mess that's being talked about. Sure, it'll still have a decent wait, but at least i'd be getting on it without it absorbing my whole day. The ride is cool and all, but it's also not going anywhere.
This sounds like a super smart idea because can’t they not kick you off the line until the entire line is emptied? Also do you think they will be running it all day or close it early because of crowds? I kinda want to try this now just so I’m not wasting my entire day.

I’m a little confused why y’all are going to the parking garage at 5 or 6 AM. If the park opens at 9, you’ve already “queued” for 3-4 hours. Why not just wait until later and spend your time in the actual (brand new) queue? Or do you guys think it’s going to be > 4 hours all day?

My thing is I’d rather to my waiting before the park opens so I can hopefully be one of the first on the ride for a couple of reasons: one it’s less likely to break down early in the day and then after I’ve ridden it early, then I’ve got the whole rest of the day to go to USF and enjoy that park.

So yes you’re still queuing, but I’m just losing sleep time, not park time. And when the parks are closing at 9 for my entire 3 night trip, I can get caught up on sleep fast.