Forbidden Journey vs Escape From Gringotts | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey vs Escape From Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Forbidden Journey or Escape From Gringotts?

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2018
In honor of Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opening in just 2 days i've decided to do the two headliner Harry Potter rides of both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey VS Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts. This is part of my big series of ride vs ride polls, some will be tough and some will be a blow out!

They both have amazing queues, they both have large, massive lands and immersion around them. They both are really impressive rides and you can't go wrong with both, really. They both are in the top 4-5 rides overall in Universal Orlando.

So, overall which do you think is the better ride in terms of quality? Based on all factors, queue, pre-show, story, effects, thrill, and overall better ride and experience!

For me, it's definitely Forbidden Journey!

Forbidden Journey
14759034763_e86d061bc0_b.jpg
HarryPotterandtheForbiddenJourneyride-5b89c321c9e77c002c1170ba.jpg

Harry_Potter_and_the_Forbidden_Journey_station.jpg

Escape From Gringotts
Diagon-Alley4.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

_resources_digitalassets_HP-and-the-Escape-from-Gringotts-2-56a6d8af3df78cf772908849.jpg

Also, state of wether or not you think Hagrid's ride will be the best of the 5 Harry Potter rides, and maybe end up being the best ride at Universal Orlando Resort!

I've always rated FJ as the 'best ride' in all of Orlando. Gringotts is definitely in my top 5 Universal rides. BUT, I'll ride Gringotts 9 or 10 times on a vacation, wheras FJ usually 4 or 5 rides. Gringotts is easier to ride multiple times since the thrill factor is a bit less, and we spend more time in Diagon than Hogsmeade since Diagon is the superior of the two lands. Hagrid's Coaster, though, may change that entire equation. The ride looks great,and I can't really rate where it stands, until I get some rides in. Hard to beat FJ though, for the Totality of the Experience...facade/queue/ride.

My thing with FJ is that it really is tough to follow what is going on, also, I'm not a huge fan of the projection domes and don't think they are very convincing

The original plan of the moving stairwells and flying around the model of Hogwarts sounded much better to me

Gringotts has an easy to follow story, and I think the screen tech is appropriate for the action they are trying to replicate...If they cut the third scene with the trolls/ the simulated fall and did something with practical effects...as well as elongating the coaster part a bit...I would consider it the best ride at the resort

So to answer your question, I will say....Yes

Reactions: Coasted
Wow I guess I really haven't debated these two before.

For me, Pros and Cons of FJ:

PRO: Queue, ride system, I find the story fun, unpredictable ride (anytime I ride this attraction I always forget something or two, because SO much is going on!), and again, Queue. It gets bonus points for being so good.

CONS: Ride itself can make me feel a little ill afterwards, never been sick but not as fun to ride over and over again, screen use is well done but not great.

Gringotts

PROS: Queue, Ride itself, story, thrill factor, theming, ride vehicle

CONS: Just a tad short, wish it was a little longer. Not as unpredictable and not as many things going on at once.

I guess overall for me its Gringotts. I just love love love that ride. FJ is the closest #2 possible. I have the right to change my decision, though. Gringotts felt like a more natural ride I guess. Really curious as to where Hagrid will end up here though. All are A+ attractions.

Reactions: Coasted
Wow I guess I really haven't debated these two before.

For me, Pros and Cons of FJ:

PRO: Queue, ride system, I find the story fun, unpredictable ride (anytime I ride this attraction I always forget something or two, because SO much is going on!), and again, Queue. It gets bonus points for being so good.

CONS: Ride itself can make me feel a little ill afterwards, never been sick but not as fun to ride over and over again, screen use is well done but not great.

Gringotts

PROS: Queue, Ride itself, story, thrill factor, theming, ride vehicle

CONS: Just a tad short, wish it was a little longer. Not as unpredictable and not as many things going on at once.

I guess overall for me its Gringotts. I just love love love that ride. FJ is the closest #2 possible. I have the right to change my decision, though. Gringotts felt like a more natural ride I guess. Really curious as to where Hagrid will end up here though. All are A+ attractions.

Ditto. Me too. Gringotts loading area is soo atmospheric, especially when the CMs are clapping etc

Gringotts, only because I'm too fluffy for FJ. To be fair, I'd probably fit the modified seating, but I never get the chance.