Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Loved the direct, some good stuff coming. Always wanted to play Alien Isolation! And a new Contra game! Also, for those who like RPGs, one of the best games period is coming to Switch: Baldur's Gate.

Loved the direct, some good stuff coming. Always wanted to play Alien Isolation! And a new Contra game! Also, for those who like RPGs, one of the best games period is coming to Switch: Baldur's Gate.
Alien Isolation caught my interest too but a while ago I watched a full walkthrough so idk if playing it would give me anything.

Alien Isolation is an amazing horror title. I hope to god it's at the best that it could be.
I almost got it on PC once, glad I didn't, get to enjoy it big screen instead. And more RE! Odd there still being no RE2.

Also, what is the Microsoft thing you mentioned earlier? Is it just the Minecraft Dungeons , or am I missing something?

I almost got it on PC once, glad I didn't, get to enjoy it big screen instead. And more RE! Odd there still being no RE2.

Also, what is the Microsoft thing you mentioned earlier? Is it just the Minecraft Dungeons , or am I missing something?

I mean, you have Cuphead, Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, Minecraft Dungeons (even if it's a multi-way with other companies), and the continued rumors from the past in regards to Ori being ported and the previous rumors of XCloud and Games Pass potentially making it to the switch in the future.

So I’m thinking BotW 2 is either next year or 2021. That was in game footage, not CGI. Also they’re reusing the same engine and likely reusing models too. I’m thinking it’s been in development for a while now. Maybe a year and a half already.

They were just hiring at Monolith Soft a few months back for this.

Guessing Late 2021 or Early 2022 at the EARLIEST. Honestly, I'm not gonna be shocked if Odyssey 2 gets released before then, considering that they haven't done any DLC for that (and that Nintendo themselves when working on stuff like Mario, is more quiet than that of Zelda).

Maybe they just needed more people to add on.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I see the announcement today more in response to that word got out early on. And in a way, it's more than understandable that they'd probably want to address it now, as it was the launch title that stood with the Switch early on.

It wouldn't shock me if they've been at work on the project since Ballad got finished, but at-least they should be in full production.

I see the announcement today more in response to that word got out early on. And in a way, it's more than understandable that they'd probably want to address it now, as it was the launch title that stood with the Switch early on.

It wouldn't shock me if they've been at work on the project since Ballad got finished, but at-least they should be in full production.
Yes, which is why I see late next year as a possibility. Last time Nintendo made a Zelda in this fashion it had a two year turnaround. Taking into account more complex tech let’s make it 3 years.

Gamefreak tried to hide the announcement in a demo that more than half the Pokemon species straight up won’t be programmed in to sword and shield. This was after they promised you’d be able to transfer all your old pokemon forward using their new home cloud software.

Gamefreak tried to hide the announcement in a demo that more than half the Pokemon species straight up won’t be programmed in to sword and shield. This was after they promised you’d be able to transfer all your old pokemon forward using their new home cloud software.
Wow. I don’t this this has ever happened before. Even Ruby and Sapphire had the previous Pokémon in them even if you couldn’t link to the old games and had to wait for newer games to get them traded over.

Last edited:
Breath Of The Wild's Director Is Returning For The Sequel - Game Informer

Yeah, BOTW 2 definitely won't take too long. They're reusing the same map from BOTW (remixed of course, but it won't be an entirely new map).

I wonder what other major titles Nintendo has planned for 2020. It definitely won't just be Animal Crossing and Death of the Wild, because one was delayed from this year and one could be delayed into 2020 (it's Zelda, multiple titles in the series have been delayed. There's gotta be a backup plan). Hopefully a new 3D Mario, a Mario Sports title, Bayonetta 3, and Pikmin 4. Those would round out the year pretty nicely.

Oh yeah, and this quote: "“A lot of people have been asking that, and so I want to ask you, why do people think that?” Aonuma said when I asked him this morning during an E3 interview on the second floor of Nintendo’s booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center. He spoke through an English-Japanese translator.

“Well it seems like it’d make sense, because at the end of Breath of the Wild she was freed, so now she can be a protagonist,” I said. “Also, I think people have wanted it for a long time.”

“I see,” said Aonuma. Then he laughed. “But I can’t tell you.
”"

Last edited:
Breath Of The Wild's Director Is Returning For The Sequel - Game Informer

Yeah, BOTW 2 definitely won't take too long. They're reusing the same map from BOTW (remixed of course, but it won't be an entirely new map).

I wonder what other major titles Nintendo has planned for 2020. It definitely won't just be Animal Crossing and Death of the Wild, because one was delayed from this year and one could be delayed into 2020 (it's Zelda, multiple titles in the series have been delayed. There's gotta be a backup plan). Hopefully a new 3D Mario, a Mario Sports title, Bayonetta 3, and Pikmin 4. Those would round out the year pretty nicely.

Oh yeah, and this quote: "“A lot of people have been asking that, and so I want to ask you, why do people think that?” Aonuma said when I asked him this morning during an E3 interview on the second floor of Nintendo’s booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center. He spoke through an English-Japanese translator.

“Well it seems like it’d make sense, because at the end of Breath of the Wild she was freed, so now she can be a protagonist,” I said. “Also, I think people have wanted it for a long time.”

“I see,” said Aonuma. Then he laughed. “But I can’t tell you.
”"
I’m guessing it’s both being playable with different strengths.