Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

A little off topic but, Its that time of year where i go back and watch all the walkthroughs of previous years due to summer drought and while watching the 2018 mazes i noticed they used a lot of these pre-scare things (the two pumpkin scares from H4 and the bomb scene in TFP). Im just sitting here and wondering how often we're gonna see that type of scare this year considering what happened when murdy introduced the screen-popping scare back in 2017 and how we saw it in almost all of the mazes last year (TFP and H4 being the only 2 we didnt see it in). Also interested in seeing what new scare will be introduced and then thoroughly milked the following year.

A little off topic but, Its that time of year where i go back and watch all the walkthroughs of previous years due to summer drought and while watching the 2018 mazes i noticed they used a lot of these pre-scare things (the two pumpkin scares from H4 and the bomb scene in TFP). Im just sitting here and wondering how often we're gonna see that type of scare this year considering what happened when murdy introduced the screen-popping scare back in 2017 and how we saw it in almost all of the mazes last year (TFP and H4 being the only 2 we didnt see it in). Also interested in seeing what new scare will be introduced and then thoroughly milked the following year.

Last year also had the “__ under the bed” scare from Poltergeist and Halloween 4 that’ll probably recycled for Enter Sandman(Metallica) and maybe for Klowns.

I was thinking about that. Yeah , those "scares but not scares" fit with alot of properties this year, like Ghostbusters, it could be a containment unit, or with Creepshow and the phone in the cockroach story.

Edit: where in Klowns you thinking @horrornights789

With Metallica possibly coming this year, I'd like to see more music mazes. Some ideas they could do.

- Slayer "Hell Awaits" featuring Raining Blood, Angel of Death, South Of Heaven, Seasons of The Abyss, Black Magic, etc.

- Megadeth "Killing is My Business... and Business is Good!" featuring Hangar 18, Rattlehead, Holy wars, Peace Sells, Tornado Of Souls, Killing is My Business, Sweating Bullets, Symphony of Destruction, etc.

- Pantera "Cowboys from Hell" featuring Cowboys from Hell, Walk, Domination, Cemetary Gates, 5 Minutes Alone, Floods, This Love, etc.

- Iron Maiden "Number of The Beast" featuring, The Trooper, Fear of The Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Killers, Caught Somewhere in Time, Powerslave, etc.

So these are some bands they could use in the future. Slayer would be cool to see because of their brutal sound and lyrics. Iron Maiden for the various Eddie's they could use for each song, and so would Megadeth. Pantera because their songs are badass and some could work.

With Metallica possibly coming this year, I'd like to see more music mazes. Some ideas they could do.

- Slayer "Hell Awaits" featuring Raining Blood, Angel of Death, South Of Heaven, Seasons of The Abyss, Black Magic, etc.

- Megadeth "Killing is My Business... and Business is Good!" featuring Hangar 18, Rattlehead, Holy wars, Peace Sells, Tornado Of Souls, Killing is My Business, Sweating Bullets, Symphony of Destruction, etc.

- Pantera "Cowboys from Hell" featuring Cowboys from Hell, Walk, Domination, Cemetary Gates, 5 Minutes Alone, Floods, This Love, etc.

- Iron Maiden "Number of The Beast" featuring, The Trooper, Fear of The Dark, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Killers, Caught Somewhere in Time, Powerslave, etc.

So these are some bands they could use in the future. Slayer would be cool to see because of their brutal sound and lyrics. Iron Maiden for the various Eddie's they could use for each song, and so would Megadeth. Pantera because their songs are badass and some could work.
no one's mentioning Marilyn Manson?

I would love to see KISS get a maze as well.. Psycho Circus would make a great maze.. Just imagine this as the facade..

61uzgxPiDcL._SY400_.jpg

NINE INCH NAILS

It'll be split up in sections: a dirty apartment, slaughterhouse, zoo and church for Downward Spiral; a suburban political murder scene, a destroyed Hollywood, a surgery ward and government military base, and a giant "presence" screen for Year Zero, and a series of nuclear explosions (a la Black Sabbath), a videodrome/polybius, and a bunch of weird, missingno style glitches and dead exposure style black and white with big smiles and wide eyes (they're stuck in a simulation) for the Bad Witch Trilogy finale.

What about Michael Jackson "Thriller", based on the music video? Also, based on the lyrics, they could throw in an alien and demon in there aswell.

What about Michael Jackson "Thriller", based on the music video? Also, based on the lyrics, they could throw in an alien and demon in there aswell.

I feel like with Michael Jacksons more recent view in the public eye thats a lot less possible now
Yeah, something about a creepy MJ running around has a pretty icky double meaning these days.

None of these music-based ideas really do anything for me, tbh. Would much rather have an original maze with these songs as the soundtrack than try to shoehorn some narrative around a collection of songs that are only vaguely related thematically

Definitely.

A psychedelic David Bowie maze would be rad.
Oh man, I'd love a Bowie maze, could have elements of a Orwellian dystopia for Diamond Dogs, murder artists from Outside, the strange otherworldly cult we see in Blackstar, and the title basically writes itself, "Scary Monsters and Super Creeps: Music by David Bowie"

Yeah, something about a creepy MJ running around has a pretty icky double meaning these days.

None of these music-based ideas really do anything for me, tbh. Would much rather have an original maze with these songs as the soundtrack than try to shoehorn some narrative around a collection of songs that are only vaguely related thematically

Alot of these albums still have a cool "story" running through it that'd be cool to see adapted. Year Zero, for example, its all about a fascist theocracy taking over the US and drugging the water. Terrorists bomb Hollywood and Chicago, soldiers murder dissidents in their sleep, and the government experiments on political prisoners, and there's this background of Lovecraftian horror to the whole thing that explodes into judgement day near the end. That'd be awesome to see in a maze, sort of like an alternate, more interesting version of the Purge.

Love this list. I’m all about Thrash and these would be dream houses. Notably missing tho is Cannibal Corpse. Nearly every song of theirs is a 3-5 minute mini horror story. Hammer Smashed Face, Encased In Concrete, Rancid Amputation, Mummified in Barbed Wire could cover a good portion of a maze with little effort.