Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK to post different videos. Maybe someone doesn't want to click on one person's video and prefers another ones. Plus everyone who makes these videos has different opinions and viewpoints about what they see.

Who are you to say whose videos should be posted? No one else is complaining. No one is forcing you to watch them.
I honestly think there's far too many videos being posted. Do we really need 5 daily shaky-cam videos of the same construction or person painting? Unless there's a huge new development or event, I never watch any of the videos.

Reactions: Dykealiscious
I wonder if BD wong is going to narrate the first part of the attraction. I’m imagining this ride will take place during the events of the movie. I’m assuming we start on a tour and then things go wrong.. can’t wait for this thing to open

Uh, he is the owner of the site, dude.

I understand that but I genuinely don’t see why it would be a problem. This is a construction forum, and they are construction updates. Sure they’re covering the same park but that doesn’t mean there aren't differences. Besides that people have preferences, and some people want to see as much as they can.
It’s not hurting anyone, it couldn’t be simpler to scroll past and ignore if you don’t want to watch it and it is on topic. No ones getting hurt. If anything plenty of people appreciate the different updates. Plus after saying this, he posted another video of the same update. This time from this sites own account... is a “double post” only allowed if it comes from this sites own YouTube channel?
Not trying to be combative, just trying to say no need to make mountains out of mole hills.

Last edited:
This time from this sites own account... is a “double post” only allowed if it comes from this sites own YouTube channel?

I mean, yea. It's our site - of course, we're gonna plug ours as much as we can over any others....

I understand that but I genuinely don’t see why it would be a problem. This is a construction forum, and they are construction updates. Sure they’re covering the same park but that doesn’t mean there aren't differences. Besides that people have preferences, and some people want to see as much as they can.
It’s not hurting anyone, it couldn’t be simpler to scroll past and ignore if you don’t want to watch it and it is on topic. No ones getting hurt. If anything plenty of people appreciate the different updates. Plus after saying this, he posted another video of the same update. This time from this sites own account... is a “double post” only allowed if it comes from this sites own YouTube channel?
Not trying to be combative, just trying to say no need to make mountains out of mole hills.

To the larger point -

A few things. This forum isn't a democracy. I'm not trying to sound tyrannical but we make decisions on what we feel is best for the forum. Basically, them be the rules. I hate that we have to spend time explaining this on the JW thread because someone doesn't like our moderation. If you have a question, PM us - or make a post in the Comments & Questions thread. Reason being, people subscribe to this thread and are getting notifications and e-mails about something that ultimately is irrelevant to JW updates.

As far as the videos, I'm specifically mentioning back-to-back posts of the same content - and I say that for several reasons. I do want to clarify, I'm not saying that "Vlogger A" is preferred over "Vlogger B", or that you have to choose between them. Anyway, the rationale is as follows:

1. There's a bit of the "First" aspect. We understand the forum can help certain people with views. If someone decides their favorite vlogger's update is worth the share, then he gets the worm.
2. Back to the notifications bit - not everyone likes Vlogs, but also, not everyone wants to see 2, 3, 4 posts about vlogs when an update has already been shared.
3. It's a bit of a drive-by post mentality, which we're also trying to prevent. If someone posts Vlog A at 6pm, but someone else posts Vlog B of the same subject at 6:45pm - it could mean they weren't actively taking part of a discussion.
4. Again, we're strictly speaking of videos showing off the same stuff. Now, if someone posts a video, and there's another that highlights something new & unique - then go ahead. Just make sure we're aware of what the difference is.
5. A bit of self-preservation. If there's something new, you can pretty much expect that we're gonna cover it and share. It is our site, after all.

If you wish to discuss this further, you can take it to the PMs. For now, let's get back to JW and consider this topic publically dropped.

Correct me if I’m mistaken, but from the audio in that video it would appear they’ve replaced John Williams’ iconic music with ambient jungle noise. On the one hand, I’m sad to hear the music is gone, but the jungle noises wonderfully add to the ambience. It’s EXACTLY what Jurassic Park/World would truly sound like if it were real! :clap:

Reactions: Kevin McCane
Correct me if I’m mistaken, but from the audio in that video it would appear they’ve replaced John Williams’ iconic music with ambient jungle noise. On the one hand, I’m sad to hear the music is gone, but the jungle noises wonderfully add to the ambience. It’s EXACTLY what Jurassic Park/World would truly sound like if it were real! :clap:
Agreed! If we only hear the iconic theme at the end when you splash down, it'll mean so much more than when you've heard it over and over and over and over right outside.

After listening to the ambient noises some more, I picked up on something I totally missed the first time.....it’s not just cicada’s and other bugs we’re hearing, but also the occasionally bellow of a Brachiosaurus. My god, who ever thought to include that deserves a medal. Orlando used to have Dinosaurs making noises in the distance and I never thought it would return....

Last edited:
As a thought, it seems they tested Virtual Queue for Waterworld. And as @Kenny Motolinia asked Universal, it seems like it was a legitimate test for something happening later this month.

9c892d7d-286a-41a6-92f6-cb420b01647d-jpeg.9842

With how things are in the extended queue and how they're budded up against construction to SNW, perhaps this might be a way that they may try to cut the middle-man of going out to the studio roads? Keeping in mind, I have NO information to rely on outside of what's been brought to light today by our great IU forum members.

So this will be done by July 4th right? My trip is the 11th and will be there the 12th. So ready to ride this.

Hopefully. I think the walls coming down and the TMs going 'round is a really good sign.

Also, I'll be heading there tomorrow just to check it out. I'd be extremely lucky if softs started on that day. Doubt it though.

Ya'll I just realized, the whole color scheme they've went for is kinda similar to Inside Universal's...

If they ever get bored of Jurassic World, they could just revamp it into an Inside Universal ride. That'd be so sick.

(I think I'm gonna lay off the weird plant for a few days).

Reactions: alias8703
Ya'll I just realized, the whole color scheme they've went for is kinda similar to Inside Universal's...

If they ever get bored of Jurassic World, they could just revamp it into an Inside Universal ride. That'd be so sick.

(I think I'm gonna lay off the weird plant for a few days).

If it means we get to see the Starway get it's time to shine, I'd be living for it all-week long.

Status
Not open for further replies.