Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

None of the reviews seem to mention ride capacity or number of trains running. With all the “Journalists” around yesterday someone should have thought to ask about the 12 train operations and massive PPH throughput. My guess is still 4 - 6 trains max and Universal is downplaying high capacity due to loading complexity and realistic slower ops than optimal.

Neither previews nor the first few days/weeks/months are going to see this ride operating at full capacity, especially after technical rehearsals were scarce. I've personally heard that, optimally, 14 trains can be on at the same time, but I agree that's never going to happen because it's not a bunch of robots riding and operating this coaster; we're unpredictable, fallible humans so it's unlikely it'll ever run at its optimal capacity. Still, with time, it's VERY likely that more and more RVs will be added as ops improve with time and experience.

If it makes you happy to say you were right based on day-1 ops, have at it. But also be prepared to eat crow in a few months if they're running twice the numbers you keep harping on about.

Neither previews nor the first few days/weeks/months are going to see this ride operating at full capacity, especially after technical rehearsals were scarce. I've personally heard that, optimally, 14 trains can be on at the same time, but I agree that's never going to happen because it's not a bunch of robots riding and operating this coaster; we're unpredictable, fallible humans so it's unlikely it'll ever run at its optimal capacity. Still, with time, it's VERY likely that more and more RVs will be added as ops improve with time and experience.

If it makes you happy to say you were right based on day-1 ops, have at it. But also be prepared to eat crow in a few months if they're running twice the numbers you keep harping on about.
I’ll be riding in September and gladly eat crow if it means I don’t have to wait hours to ride it.

Over, under 8 hour long line tomorrow. When people ask what I think, 8 hours is my guess by afternoon.

I'll go under, and place it at around 5-6 hours.

Still crazy long, enough to go as far as Seuss Landing, but I don't see it going to 8. I do see if need be, that they extend park hours to accommodate everyone as possible.

Something I heard yesterday from a TM claiming to be a manager: Reason for no softs was they handed the ride over to the techs, who were retooling to run 9 trains today. I never saw more than three go at a time, so that should be taken with a BOULDER of salt.

Universal security outside the parking entrance checking for TM Ids just like they did for the Grand opening of Volcano Bay

I’ve walked from Sapphire Falls headed to the Margaritaville entrance and security has stopped us at Royal Pacific and won’t let us pass and they are telling us to get off of property. Nobody knows what is going on

Edit: after some discussions, everyone gave up and they let us pass. NOBODY knows what is going on today

Last edited:
I’ve walked from Sapphire Falls headed to the Margaritaville entrance and security has stopped us at Royal Pacific and won’t let us pass and they are telling us to get off of property. Nobody knows what is going on
Same. I asked last night at the Margaritaville gate and they confirmed 5:30.

It’s been a total mess at the Margaritaville garage. We’ve been threatened to be kicked off property, been told we can go forward until 5:30, then 5 and then 5:30, but we can now line up here at 5:10. I don’t mean to pile on, but there is absolutely zero organization